PDA

View Full Version : 64DD Emulation (I Understand it's Difficult)

Union
14th March 2011, 11:38 PM
I realize that you may get this a lot, but I would love to see DD emulation. The F-Zero Expansion Kit has already been dumped and it's waiting out there to be played. Not only that, but 3 builds of the unreleased Dezaemon 3D expansion will also be dumped soon.

(see: assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31726)

That, too, will be unplayable for everyone and will fade into history unless we can get this up and running.

Now, I realize this will be difficult, and I have no skill in coding, but I would help in any way possible. I feel that if we can even start to get DD emulation up and running, more games will be dumped and will make the DD available to those unfortunate people who can't get their hands on one. Thank you for reading this and I hope you take this into consideration with further releases of Project64.

squall_leonhart
15th March 2011, 12:41 AM
any dd games in english?

convert your answer to a % and thats your chance of DD emulation.

Union
15th March 2011, 01:31 AM
I don't understand why they have to be in English. For example, the Mario Artist games, you don't need to understand Japanese for them. There's also very little Japanese to understand in the F-Zero kit, and after you've played with it for a few minutes, you will be able to use it fine. Also, part of the F-Zero kit is in English.

HatCat
15th March 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm interested in the design, but I think more the idea with having it in Project64 as to what squall is saying is that this emulator is for entertainment purposes. Thus the developers are happy enough emulating only the N64 in this emulator. If there is something not a lot of people of the majority are interested in then they don't consider it a continuum of developing for that same entertainment value.

squall_leonhart
15th March 2011, 07:04 AM
being a hobbyist emulator (at the heart), Zilmar only progressively supported games he could get his hands on or felt like playing.

wildgoosespeeder
15th March 2011, 05:23 PM
I would like to see some 64DD emulation as well but squall_leonhart put it best which is most unfortunate for Project64. :(

Somewhat related, there is Famicom Disk System emulation for some NES emulators and the hardware is just as much fail as the 64DD hardware. :p

Union
15th March 2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Thanks for being polite about it and I just ask that you keep this in the back of your head when planning further releases or Project64.

HatCat
16th March 2011, 03:46 PM
Yep, actually there was a thread here recently of someone who is looking at 64DD emulation, also some progress elsewhere from another site that someone is modifying the Project Unreality emulator to have some 64DD support. Still interest in the design so no doubt it will come later.

^^^ yeah iirc he just has the few games that were legally backed up to disk to test on the emulator, at least that's what I remember he said about the future idea for a GCN emulator to buy a bunch of games to test