PDA

View Full Version : Video plugin help

MurderousShroud
24th November 2008, 03:23 AM
So, for Dark Rift, the program is telling me that I need a (different) video plugin. Any suggestions? The specific problem is that the current plugin cannot show the character representations (for lack of a better word) on the playing field.

HatCat
24th November 2008, 03:30 AM
Glide64 Napalm
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net

I don't know what took them so long to identify it; the microcode string was right in there.

MurderousShroud
25th November 2008, 04:00 AM
Thank you. However, another problem has appeared. The program can't find the glide64 plugin in the plugin folder. Perhaps I need the update also?

HatCat
25th November 2008, 04:33 AM
Make sure GLIDE3X.DLL was copied to the folder with Project64.exe.

The plugin should then load from the Plugin folder, but if it doesn't hopefully you get some kind of error message to hint at why that might be?

mudlord
25th November 2008, 11:12 AM
Glide64 Napalm
http://glide64.emuxhaven.net

I don't know what took them so long to identify it; the microcode string was right in there.

Because the game uses microcode switching. It uses different microcodes for different portions of the graphics.

Thunder
14th January 2009, 07:36 PM
If your card is T&L (transform and lighthing) compatible, you should try rice video plugin.right?:)

HatCat
15th January 2009, 01:38 AM
RiceVideo of only else offers it, only the lightning we perceive in this game is into the game's specific engineering. I think the T&L option is for an extension to vertex lightning shading as opposed to the lightning we can see always, but no geometry in this game loads under RiceVideo because the interchanging microcodes aren't specifically supported--only defined for recognition to the extent where flat pixelmaps will show.

Thunder
16th January 2009, 03:18 AM
Try direct64, requieres directx 9 and vs/ps, but the depth option is unstable.
Try it:cool:

HatCat
16th January 2009, 03:26 AM
Recently a plugin called Glide64 implemented more than just depth related features in appearance, but Direct64 was noticeably one to fix rendering distance relations in the Zelda games.

It was based off of glN64, which you may also be interested in.

Thunder
17th January 2009, 12:13 AM
aaahhhh

ok but is unstable in mario tennis,and its a good plugin
and i have it

zanven
15th December 2009, 08:15 AM
I had the problem with Dark Rift and searched to find this thread. I got the newest version of glide but if I use that plugin over the default Project64 goes unresponsive and closes.

any ideas?

HatCat
15th December 2009, 11:38 AM
Test just the installation by using Glide64 with another emulator.

Try installing that version you used with Mupen64.
http://mupen64.emulation64.com/

zanven
18th December 2009, 06:25 AM
Hmmm, It seems to do the same and stops responding then closes. using Glide64_NapalmWX_R1.1 which was the latest download on the site.

HatCat
19th December 2009, 01:30 AM
The wrapper version used with Glide64 in those cases might not be compatible for you then. If you get those messages when something is not responding usually there is some debug error message that offers to give more information, like what module to trace, but that also depends.