PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time 3DS

Jabo
30th May 2011, 05:29 PM
With the release of one of my most loved games, Ocarina of Time, coming to the 3DS in updated glory I thought I'd take a look at some screenshots and compare them to what is available on the Nintendo 64. Project64 has the nice luxury of rendering things in high definition but for the most part we will are limited by the original source material, unless you count the fantastic re-texturing projects, many that look superb. For those wondering the screenshots available here were taken from the extended trailer on IGN (http://www.destructoid.com/zelda-ocarina-of-time-3ds-gets-amazing-extended-trailer-201955.phtml)

Image 1:

I've seen a lot of screenshots, but this one in particular stands out, the sky texture is brilliantly done, mixing in a hint of clouds in the night sky with better depth. Other things to note here include the glowing effect in the moon, similarly used in the sun perhaps on the N64 version, again nice touch. Lastly the flowers rendered in the foreground, have been redone. On the N64 they used billboard textures to render these, it's not easy to tell but it would seem they are finally real objects, at least we can hope.

One bit of disappointment here is the grass, while it looks slightly better, I am always hoping for more than flat geometry, I doubt the 3DS has the graphics horse power, but individual patches of grass blades would be a nice touch.

Image 2:

You can see a few things in this as well that are enhanced, first the magic effect being shot has significantly more objects being rendered, and the individual objects are much larger. Notice also in the background that the textures for the paintings look much more detailed as well.

Image 3:

You'll notice the textures that make up link are much more detailed and and a bit more vibrant, the developer has completely redone his facial texture which gives him a more modern feel. Also at an object level link's model has been updated significantly, there's no question overall that Nintendo has put those extra triangles to good use in making him look less blocky, after all he is the main character.

Just looking at the graphics, it seems to be more of a port and update than a remake. Bill-boarded objects have been given new life, existing objects have better models and crisp modern textures. Nintendo had to walk a very tight rope in staying true to the original since this may be their most beloved game ever. With Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 3DS coming in June, they have accomplished porting a successful title to the Nintendo 3DS with significant updates. I am a fan of Ocarina of Time both for it's technical achievements and game play, it was a real treat to take a deep look at what they've changed as I've spent countless hours playing and debugging it.

Any die hard fans buying this when it comes out? Check out the video and leave your comments.

Alunalun
30th May 2011, 06:13 PM
I will try my hardest to resist buying it, since I must try to limit the number of times Nintendo can sell me the same game :p
I already have OoT on N64, two copies + master quest on the gamecube, and it's available on the wii virtual console.
I also have Starfox 64 on N64 and Wii, I have Pokemon snap on N64 and Wii, I have the original Zelda on GBA and gamecube, etc. (this list makes me feel like I've been a very foolish consumer...)

On the other hand, OoT 3D looks like a wonderful way of keeping OoT fresh for a new generation. I'm very impressed with the way they seem to have added a lot of details that make it look much more real. The lighting, a few extra polygons, some sort of better dust effect behind Epona (and other graphical tricks I don't recognise, no doubt). I'm not sure I link Link's new bodies though - they seem much more cartoony than they were on the N64. I thought Twilight princess captured the way OoT should ideally look, and this doesn't look like that.

I really like the way PJ64 can add antialiasing and can make 4:3 games into widescreen by extending the area that's drawn. Would it be impossible, though, to have it render the image from a second camera horizontally displaced by a few game-metres? Then players could use a fancy screen or cross their eyes to make PJ64 3D. I really have no idea how difficult that might be :p

dsx_
30th May 2011, 11:41 PM
yes this will be amazing, although i dont really care about the 3D effects too much, the game looks like a great improvement regardless

HatCat
31st May 2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah as far as the modern redesign to Link it does conform to the natural enhancements in the newer picture results with some current consoles (with the detail of triangle modeling an uncompromising improvement). I agree about some of his visual looking kind of "cartoony" or stuff like the transition from Zelda 64 to Zelda GC games, really nice texture detail added overall though.

SorrowL
1st June 2011, 05:01 AM
I know I will buy it once it gets out, Ive beaten Ocarina of Time on the N64 and on the pj1.7, and its always been fun, I can't wait to see what has been changed and improved. Mostly I'm going to love the notorious water temple, Seeing the new water appearance. Although I can only hope that it is possible to play on some Emulator one day, the 3DS doesn't really stand with the high Resolution on a small screen like that. But hey, its better then nothing.

squall_leonhart
1st June 2011, 09:05 AM
i have no intention of buying a handheld retardation of OoT.

dsx_
1st June 2011, 09:35 AM
you sure do hate everything don't you

Alunalun
1st June 2011, 10:42 AM
i have no intention of buying a handheld retardation of OoT.
Why redardation??? Surely it'll be exactly the same but with different graphics.

ExtremeDude2
1st June 2011, 12:20 PM
Surely it'll be exactly the same but with different graphics.

More like awesomer (no that is not a word:p) graphics!:cool:

squall_leonhart
1st June 2011, 05:48 PM
its not exactly the same.

the controls have been dumbed down for the limited handheld button count.

HatCat
1st June 2011, 07:01 PM
the controls have been dumbed down for the limited handheld button count.

And that friends would be the primary context of "retardation" :D.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retardation

Well I guess this is yet another historical repeat of the despair inside "Everybody's A Critic" with a future version of an earlier base. They probably just don't remake MM because it didn't make enough money. :rolleyes:

Still even though not really that insight-fully researching of the graphics the artwork in those screens is pretty reflective about this and neat (most of them of course).

Jabo
2nd June 2011, 12:23 PM
Yea they've kind of whored out the zelda games, releases on gamecube, virtual console on wii, now a remake of ocarina of time on 3DS... somehow given the resolution of the 3DS I'm not sure it's more than it looks in the screenshots, a few noticeable improvements. After doing a bit more research apparently this is one of the first in a series of N64 remakes, so the fun will keep coming!

ExtremeDude2
2nd June 2011, 01:26 PM
After doing a bit more research apparently this is one of the first in a series of N64 remakes, so the fun will keep coming!

COOL!:cool:

squall_leonhart
3rd June 2011, 01:41 AM
i'd prefer it if they landed on the wii instead of the 3ds.

daaceking
5th June 2011, 08:47 PM
I would like to play the 3ds version even in 2d but I don't want a handheld, I don't want to emulate 2 screens. I don't know what the 2 screens show but if it is map and game, then I would like to emulate the game on full screen and in the right corner, emulate the map screen with probably a blend effect with the map quite stronger in vision if you know what I mean. :) the original rules.

Darren
7th June 2011, 12:31 PM
maybe its because squall hates 3d, (which i think would be cool feature to add in PJ64 i know id use it, and i know others have asked, and others are using other ways of doing so) ive played a demo of this and it handles pretty good. and it has been ported to the wii as a VC game. :D

but to be honest nintendo could have done better polishing textures up, HD packs look better than this, and wonder, why pay 30 to play this on a tiny 3d screen with poor textures, when you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.

id defo like to see majoras mask ported, i found that game more compeling with more to do that enter a dungeon find key kill bos collect artifact, i loved the time missions where you meet people at a set day/time and have to go back later and that things were different depending on which day it is.

majoras mask by far best zelda game ever.

Alunalun
7th June 2011, 02:17 PM
you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.
How can you do that? (for the purposes of my question let's say I already have the texture pack and 3D 22in TV :p )

squall_leonhart
7th June 2011, 02:53 PM
maybe its because squall hates 3d, (which i think would be cool feature to add in PJ64 i know id use it, and i know others have asked, and others are using other ways of doing so) ive played a demo of this and it handles pretty good. and it has been ported to the wii as a VC game. :D

but to be honest nintendo could have done better polishing textures up, HD packs look better than this, and wonder, why pay 30 to play this on a tiny 3d screen with poor textures, when you can download a HD texture pack and play in 3d on a 22inch monitor for free.

id defo like to see majoras mask ported, i found that game more compeling with more to do that enter a dungeon find key kill bos collect artifact, i loved the time missions where you meet people at a set day/time and have to go back later and that things were different depending on which day it is.

Given the 3D in the 3DS is a headache / stroke waiting to happen, there is that. But the fact is they've taken something good and made it stupidly simplified for a lor res, gimmick hand held when it should have made it to the Wii.

Darren
7th June 2011, 02:54 PM
How can you do that? (for the purposes of my question let's say I already have the texture pack and 3D 22in TV :p )

ill have to check back on my pc at home but theres a driver that can render anything in fulscreen in steroscopic, but its a pain in the arse and only works with 1.6.

would be kool if pj64 added this feature like dolphin does.

Alunalun
7th June 2011, 03:35 PM
OMG that's sounds awesome. I looked into Dolphin - sadly my laptop hasn't a hope of running it. Although it's dying so I may get a new computer soon-ish. But apparently the 3D is done by the new NVidia drivers or something, so it's done *outside* the emulator.
But the screenshots only show the 3D outputted to red-blue 3D for red-blue glasses. This is the worst kind of 3D. I'd rather cross my eyes...

HatCat
7th June 2011, 06:46 PM
But the screenshots only show the 3D outputted to red-blue 3D for red-blue glasses. This is the worst kind of 3D. I'd rather cross my eyes...

http://www.instantsfun.es/media/images/web/Awesome.png

(couldn't find one with glasses on him though)

Well it seems we finally agree on something. :D

Darren
8th June 2011, 09:44 AM
finaly agree on somethin??

its very rare i post here so, im not sure what you meant lol

HatCat
8th June 2011, 09:33 PM
Same here. :) Dunno what you mean.

And our frequency of posting here has nothing to do with whether someone agrees with you. I quoted the text that I agreed with, which apparently was written by you.

ZeroFearX2
13th June 2011, 03:39 AM
Any die hard fans buying this when it comes out? Check out the video and leave your comments.

Personally, I save some money to buy a Killer Instinct II arcade machine.

I'll always prefers to play the original version of a game rather than remakes. (Final Fantasy as example.)

Original versions make me nostalgic. :)

Darren
14th June 2011, 03:23 PM
Same here. :) Dunno what you mean.

And our frequency of posting here has nothing to do with whether someone agrees with you. I quoted the text that I agreed with, which apparently was written by you.

along with wording Well it seems we finally agree on something. kinda implies that weve had disagreements before, which is hard due to lack of posts from me here.

unless your someone from another site, and refairing to :o

anyways ive tried looking for this driver the links are dead, i cant remember what it was called but it ran anything in full screen mode in steroscopic, which sometimes was buggy if your emu crashed you had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of it.

but this would be awesome if pj64 added this, to be honest the emu isnt really getting improved anymore, they just change little things that are pointless really as it doesnt improve much and compare to 1.6 it emulates almost the same speed for roms, and doesnt play roms that 1.6 cant ei RE2 or Indiana.

Jabo
3rd July 2011, 05:47 PM
perhaps a bit more on topic

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/17/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-video-review?objectid=77881&show=HD

is a more in depth video review, some things are really stunning definitely worth a viewing

HatCat
3rd July 2011, 08:50 PM
perhaps a bit more on topic

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/17/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d-video-review?objectid=77881&show=HD

is a more in depth video review, some things are really stunning definitely worth a viewing

Christ that's a shitload of designs.

lol @ that running Kakariko carpenter dude before 1:30 in the video. He looks like a total dumbass.

"blah blah ocarina one of the best games my personal favorite has the best soundtrack blah blah gay sex blah blah congress"
cool review bro

But awesome gfx. :D I don't think it's too much a matter of eye candy since, well, even a game with awesome replay value is still more refreshing when it's explored in different graphics (hopefully usually when they're better but maybe not always then). I'd love to explore a redesign like that for MM as well of course.

Lightbeast
4th July 2011, 02:11 AM
The god damn thing won't stop buffering so i said eff it, it is not worth it.

HatCat
4th July 2011, 03:24 AM
lol, are you using FireFox or have like, a bunch of other data in your browser using Flash or plugin memory XD

Lightbeast
4th July 2011, 03:27 AM
lol, are you using FireFox or have like, a bunch of other data in your browser using Flash or plugin memory XD

No, i am using chrome, and i dont know what the problem is.

HatCat
4th July 2011, 03:32 AM
Well what if you switch to testing with Internet Explorer just to see if the vid works?

Lightbeast
4th July 2011, 03:39 AM
I might try that, i had just gotten a RAM upgrade as well.

HatCat
4th July 2011, 04:21 AM
If that doesn't work then try freeing up CPU or memory or clearing your cache if you want to try using FireFox to use that video. Don't know if something could be blocking it; I know it took a few seconds to actually start the dang thing on this end here as well.

At some point though I think you'd appreciate a look at the graphical redesigns. Visualize this stage of improvement for some other games, may-haps. :D

mavdude73
13th July 2011, 04:51 PM
vid works with IE 9 :D

Natch
13th July 2011, 09:50 PM
IE9 sucks. end of story.

HatCat
13th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Not really. All browsers have issues with different things, and that's not really the topic of this discussion anyway. :D

Honestly I'm not surprised that it got the video to load.

dsx_
14th July 2011, 01:33 AM
IE9 sucks. end of story.

no......... youve just been brainwashed by the reputation of ie6/7/8 :P

Natch
14th July 2011, 01:56 AM
IE9 may be better, but it's not as good.

:P

HatCat
15th July 2011, 12:42 AM
natnater and iconoclast, stop mass spamming topics with redundant bs.

IE9 may be better, but it's not as good.

:P

wtf is this redundant bs.

So anyway :D I was thinking I discussed the video once I realized how to get it to work, rather than browsers.

tysonrss
16th July 2011, 02:39 AM
The original is alot more better. Link looks bigger than he should. Especially in the Forest Temper when he enters the room that swirls around.

This only has minor graphical enhancements. Everything else is basically the same with the exception of battling the bosses over again and that it comes with the Master Quest version too.

Sulicadiz
18th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Okok, say what you want, if I had the 3ds the first game I would buy would be Zelda (as 90% of the people who bought the 3ds).

If they improved a bit the graphics and conserved the essence of the game they have done the right thing

tymas
21st August 2011, 04:28 AM
well i'll say, i bought a 3ds when they first came out and was sorely disappointed in the lack of support for the device, the DSi was supported way more and had more "functionality" than the 3ds with all the gimmicks that it came with. i had to wait 3 months for it to have a browser, and the music player on it sucks completely.
after the long awaited update: the browser was supposed to have flash support, but it doesnt, so no youtube or anything. and i originally bought the 3ds to get OoT, but after i bought ONE 3ds game and played it, i realized that a real 3d game isnt worth it, I am considering trading in the 3ds for some credit at gamestop towards other things.

anyway, the "look" of the graphics in these pics i feel is based on the resolution of the 3ds, and not what your gettin on p64. i have 75% of all n64 roms downloaded, and OoT is one of my fav's, but i don't feel nintendo can make that little handheld device's actual graphical output any better than the original, it just an illusion... LOL

HatCat
22nd August 2011, 04:08 AM
Well technically the graphics in Project64 may look much better than on the original hardware due to complications from accurate texture filtering or the like, but the texture caching and other limitations would probably give the 3DS some advantage for improvement.

furryfangs
26th September 2011, 06:15 AM
I already brought this game. finished it to it is good the new things that have been placed in it are Shiekah Stones that show you ways around certain areas like how to cross the desert or where to find the sword at the start. plus you can Re-fight any boss"except for Gonan" the stone of agony is replaced with shard of agony which chimes when you are near a spot that you can blow up or sing a song. the fishing area has changed and they added a black eel you can catch with a fishing lure.after you finish the game there is Master Quest mode which makes the worlds mirrored and redecorates some of the creatures and objects in the game.

Natch
26th September 2011, 06:52 AM
Mirrored is not a master quest. MASTER QUEST is a master quest.

Also, they added stones to tell you where to find the sword? Kids nowdays are lazy.

squall_leonhart
26th September 2011, 09:05 AM
american kids are dumb little bastards

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
26th September 2011, 09:42 AM
american kids are dumb little bastards

Lol, American kids could probably take you on.

squall_leonhart
26th September 2011, 12:09 PM
american kids don't even know how to use a semi colon in a conjuctive adverb

furryfangs
26th September 2011, 02:06 PM
well of course but that stupid stone is not in the Master Quest Side of the game they figured you already know where everything is but i already finished on my real Nintendo console years ago so i figured where to get all the items heart containers i notice the great fairy still looks kinda slutty and they fixed her pointy boobs lmao.http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Great_Fairy_OoT.jpghttp://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/7/71/LOZ_OoT_3D_GreatFairy01.pngthey never got around to fixing her nose.

dsx_
26th September 2011, 02:15 PM
Lol, American kids could probably take you on.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffff

furryfangs
26th September 2011, 02:19 PM
Here is a image to prove my point the world literately mirrors.http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/L/Legend%20of%20Zelda%20Ocarina%20of%20Time%203D/Everything%20Else/Super%20Review/ZOOT_NormalMasterComparison_03--article_image.jpg

Natch
26th September 2011, 03:05 PM
But is it still Master Quest?

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/JabuJabuCow2-450x297.jpg

Owate I see a cow :D Yay, it's still MQ!

furryfangs
26th September 2011, 03:18 PM

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/JabuJabuCow2-450x297.jpg

Milking half a cow. if that's not a mind blower then what is?

Natch
26th September 2011, 03:32 PM
Fighting Dark Link in Master Quest.

scistone
26th September 2011, 10:55 PM
:D :( I reallly want it but im saving my money

scistone
26th September 2011, 10:57 PM
How do you milk a cow? i cant.

Natch
27th September 2011, 12:06 AM
You can't.

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 03:49 AM
You can't.

Epona's Song. If you only found that out just now from me. then... LOL!
Requires Empty Bottle and Epona's song

squall_leonhart
27th September 2011, 05:20 AM

thats not 3DS

Natch
27th September 2011, 05:22 AM
oh, that I thought you meant something else.

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 05:51 AM
thats not 3DS

of course not thats gamecube master quest extra

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 05:52 AM
http://nintendo3ds.davidturnbull.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Master-Quest-3.jpg

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 05:53 AM
that is what i meant by mirrored.

Natch
27th September 2011, 06:05 AM
I know that Squall, I put that there to show that the original Master Quest was actually different, not mirrored. I then saw a cow in the mirrored version :D

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 06:15 AM
I know that Squall, I put that there to show that the original Master Quest was actually different, not mirrored. I then saw a cow in the mirrored version :D

Milk that cow! feed it coco make some chocolate Milk. i wish that was possible. O.o

squall_leonhart
27th September 2011, 06:30 AM
Milk that cow! feed it coco make some chocolate Milk. i wish that was possible. O.o

it should be, it works on human milk. LOL.

well not really, but the taste differs on the things they eat so it would for cows as well.

Natch
27th September 2011, 06:41 AM
Feed it tobasco.

Also Squall you're not a middle aged woman. lol is not it's own sentence and does not need a period. :3

furryfangs
27th September 2011, 06:54 AM
Feed it coffee beans see if it produces Iced coffee. 65% chance of happening.

Don't pick on Squall while he is happy, he might bite your hands off.
Then WHAT would you type with your feet?

squall_leonhart
27th September 2011, 08:22 AM
Feed it tobasco.

Also Squall you're not a middle aged woman. lol is not it's own sentence and does not need a period. :3

should i have added a ; to designate a conjunctive adverb.

Natch
27th September 2011, 02:35 PM
That's better :3

HatCat
27th September 2011, 03:20 PM
What the hell was that retarded screenshot

Feed it tobasco.

"It's" isn't a possessive noun because "it" isn't a verb.

Therefore, the only valid context of "it's" is as the contraction of "it is".

So it should be, "lol is not its own sentence...."

squall_leonhart
27th September 2011, 03:51 PM
Burned. heh.

HatCat
27th September 2011, 10:02 PM
Bah, that shit annoys me, when people intentionally or unintentionally write bad grammar by leaving out punctuation...but also use "it's" falsely in the context of a possessive noun (Again, "it" is not a noun, and pay no attention to that part of my post where I said "verb" instead XD.) every time.

thread has been rammed up its own ass.

Natch
28th September 2011, 06:00 AM
wait wtf I totally wrote "its"

Bah, the people here in hill country can't type for their lives. It's rubbing off T-T make it stooop

HatCat
28th September 2011, 03:43 PM
*Fat hillbilly is rubbing off his dead skin and guts onto the tater tot*
"ahhhh make it stooop."
*tater tot unleashes a 100x Kamehameha on that faggot*

Lightbeest
10th October 2011, 09:08 PM
It's getting heated in here.

HatCat
12th October 2011, 08:20 PM
Well that's just one more for the ride :D

Lightbeest
13th October 2011, 03:47 PM
What ride?
What are the weight requirements
what are the age requirements
what are the height requirements
DETAILS?

HatCat
16th October 2011, 12:04 AM
What ride?

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1476/lolzd.gif

What are the weight requirements

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3702/lolzp.gif

what are the age requirements

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/1355/ywazd.gif

what are the height requirements

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8837/lolzu.gif

DETAILS?

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7282/lolzt.gif

Lightbeest
23rd October 2011, 05:34 AM
So whats your point?

squall_leonhart
23rd October 2011, 01:12 PM
Skyward Sword, greated game ever

ExtremeDude2
23rd October 2011, 02:52 PM
lol it's not even out XD

Natch
23rd October 2011, 05:35 PM
not for us ;) no spoilers pl0x sqwal.

HatCat
25th October 2011, 02:07 AM
So whats your point?

...shit lol, convenience data and some animation handlers didn't get transferred over to this newer system. Otherwise I'd have just bombarded you with even more pictures of that mealy-mouth bastard. :D

Lightbeest
25th October 2011, 07:03 PM
...shit lol, convenience data and some animation handlers didn't get transferred over to this newer system. Otherwise I'd have just bombarded you with even more pictures of that mealy-mouth bastard. :D

Again the relevance......:p

HatCat
27th October 2011, 01:27 AM
T_T

SuperMarioBrother01
27th December 2011, 08:31 PM
Well I Myself Have OoT On 3DS I Also Now Have Super Mario 3-D Land And Mario Kart 7 My Name Is Ryan And My FC Is 3652-1012-9692 Also This Actually Is A Chat About Zelda So To Tell U Connect A USB Up To A 3DS And You Can Get Project 64 On It I Have Project 64/K And PJ64 Minecraft Roblox And Alot Of Other Things :) [/CO[COLOR="Lime"]LOR]:cool:

ExtremeDude2
28th December 2011, 01:53 AM
ololol my name is Ryan XD

Natch
28th December 2011, 02:07 AM
I always kinda wondered why people Do This, And Why/How They Learned To Do This, Because It Seems A Bit Out Of The Way To Do :P

ExtremeDude2
28th December 2011, 02:55 PM
wut .

drseatbelt
28th January 2012, 11:24 PM
would it be possible to port the assets of the 3ds version over to project 64...? I think it's pretty lame that they made it for a handheld. Also equally lame is that they didn't include any new content, atleast one new dungeon would've been nice...

al9095
12th February 2012, 03:38 AM
I don't think it's possible, after all it is a different game engine and project 64 only supports n64 games.

Natch
12th February 2012, 06:45 PM
maybe someone'll make a hack for it.

ExtremeDude2
12th February 2012, 07:16 PM
It will NEVA (<-- yeah dats right :3) happen, just sayin' :rolleyes:

Natch
13th February 2012, 01:38 AM
Most likely not, no.

Obelent
28th February 2012, 03:20 AM
Sweet graphics update!

furryfangs
18th November 2012, 08:02 PM
there is some small poly and texture update also having master quest unlock after beating the game the first time. been able to re-fight monsters simply by going to links bed inside hes treehouse with a special all bosses mode which is one boss fighter after another.(which is basically a Survival Mode)

ExtremeDude2
9th November 2014, 04:23 PM
So I hear u liek LoZ: MM on 3ds?

the_randomizer
9th November 2014, 04:26 PM
Majora's Mask is overrated and isn't the best game in the series trololololol

ExtremeDude2
12th November 2014, 01:40 AM
And banz

dsx_
12th November 2014, 03:07 AM
Majora's Mask is overrated and isn't the best game in the series trololololol

underrated*

the_randomizer
12th November 2014, 03:33 AM
underrated*

People praise the hell out of that game like it's godlike and somehow the best thing ever. Must you counteract everything I say? Sorry, but underrated my arse. Majora's Mask is unique, but not the most unique or lovable Zelda game. A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask. Haters gonna hate.

It's still overrated. Maybe you should go back to playing it on Mupen 64 Plus...oh wait, that uses CLI, never mind.

dsx_
12th November 2014, 03:45 AM
nah i made a basic gui for mupen so its all good

contradicted again :D

the_randomizer
12th November 2014, 04:17 AM
nah i made a basic gui for mupen so its all good

contradicted again :D

Wat. :eek: I don't know what your beef with me is, I really don't :( Either way, I know for a fact you hate my f***ing guts.

dsx_
12th November 2014, 04:29 AM
Wat. :eek: I don't know what your beef with me is, I really don't :( Either way, I know for a fact you hate my f***ing guts.

lol what

i just like majora's mask and i disagree with you on the matter

i don't hate you at all

the_randomizer
12th November 2014, 04:31 AM
lol what

i just like majora's mask and i disagree with you on the matter

i don't hate you at all

Let me guess then, that GUI you mentioned, you don't plan on releasing it, do you. I thought you were disagreeing with the Mupen64 plus thing. Sure, I could use RetroArch, but the core it uses is old, and well.... Mupen64 needs an alternate GUI. Do you ever intend to release that GUI at all? Because in many respects, it is a better emulator.

dsx_
12th November 2014, 04:34 AM
Let me guess then, that GUI you mentioned, you don't plan on releasing it, do you. I thought you were disagreeing with the Mupen64 plus thing. Sure, I could use RetroArch, but the core it uses is old, and well.... Mupen64 needs an alternate GUI. Do you ever intend to release that GUI at all? Because in many respects, it is a better emulator.

its just some shitty thing i made in visual basic, i dunno if it would be better than anything else out there, but i could release it if you want

the_randomizer
12th November 2014, 04:38 AM
its just some shitty thing i made in visual basic, i dunno if it would be better than anything else out there, but i could release it if you want

Well, something's better than nothing, I'd love to try it out :p For Mupen64 2.0, plus? I always forget what the most recent build is lol.

V1del
12th November 2014, 08:59 PM
randomizer how do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you constantly talk about things with outdated information and as soon as someone calls you out on your out-of-datedness you immediately think that they hate you? You can have bad memory for all I care but constantly repeating the same old stuff that hasn't been true for years gets really old after a while. M64Py is the semi-official GUI now and just had a release including up to date builds like a month ago. RetroArch also keeps up rather well, where do you get that the m64p core is outdated from? It may be if you only run stable releases, but that are what the nightly builds are here for

the_randomizer
12th November 2014, 11:36 PM
randomizer how do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you constantly talk about things with outdated information and as soon as someone calls you out on your out-of-datedness you immediately think that they hate you? You can have bad memory for all I care but constantly repeating the same old stuff that hasn't been true for years gets really old after a while. M64Py is the semi-official GUI now and just had a release including up to date builds like a month ago. RetroArch also keeps up rather well, where do you get that the m64p core is outdated from? It may be if you only run stable releases, but that are what the nightly builds are here for

To answer why I said what I said, hell if I know.... :( Shows what I know. How the hell was I supposed to know what's changed with the emulator? I can't seem to find them on Google Code, tried googling nightly builds, didn't find them.

RPGMaster
13th November 2014, 05:20 AM
LOL I am so lost now! Last 2 pages ;/ .

Anyway, I agree with dsx that the game's underrated. My only complaint is that it's shorter than OOT ;/ .

As for emulators, long live 1964 :D !

ExtremeDude2
13th February 2015, 06:10 PM
So I hear u liek Majora's Mask 3D?

zappieroth132
13th February 2015, 08:10 PM
I have been reading some posts from specific people and i know exactly which people not too listen too.
Including some people here.
I wont call names -_-....

Seriously guys how pointless can you be being a troll here atleast go too a forum with a decent amount of people too troll with.

Im not a troll but i think thats were it starts right?
Trolling as much people as possible at the same time...

Somebody just had a major FAIL here!

HatCat
13th February 2015, 08:31 PM
It's not exactly trolling if you're uncontrollably laughing your ass off at someone's excessive autistic stupidity.

What about you? Do you prefer Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, or some other title?

chriztr
14th February 2015, 01:48 PM
So I hear u liek Majora's Mask 3D?

Who told you that?
Have been playing the game since thursday. (not constantly)

ExtremeDude2
15th February 2015, 12:04 AM
Who told you that?
Have been playing the game since thursday. (not constantly)

The internet told me

chriztr
15th February 2015, 10:31 AM
The internet told me

Stupid Internet!

zappieroth132
16th February 2015, 03:21 PM
I like majora's mask most out of all titles i could choose.
Ocarina of time is fun but hasnt an as strong atmosphere as MM does.

Beside that there is probably a bunch of other games which i would like but have not played yet.

I have been looking at the n64 roms list but the once that cought my eye werent as good as i hoped.

And besides i dont have a controller so anything near 1st person gameplay is impossible since there is no way too move properly.

Legend of zelda on the other hand plays more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard if you ask me.

HatCat
16th February 2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah I use a keyboard all the time. :3

It seems to backfire just when I need to do things that require precise aiming of the bow and arrow T_T. On the flip side, often times the default level of [im-]imprecision with the keyboard controls actually tends to get the arrows moving at exactly the right distance...it's hard to explain but, I really have hit all 50 octoroks in those shooting mini-games before with just a keyboard. There's just something about the lack of precision that makes it either horrific or 100% spot-on perfect with aiming depending on how used to it you are I guess.

zappieroth132
22nd February 2015, 07:59 PM
Yeah I use a keyboard all the time. :3

It seems to backfire just when I need to do things that require precise aiming of the bow and arrow T_T. On the flip side, often times the default level of [im-]imprecision with the keyboard controls actually tends to get the arrows moving at exactly the right distance...it's hard to explain but, I really have hit all 50 octoroks in those shooting mini-games before with just a keyboard. There's just something about the lack of precision that makes it either horrific or 100% spot-on perfect with aiming depending on how used to it you are I guess.

Haha yeah i have had that happen too me too.
But i prefer keyboard either way.
I play all single player games casually anyway.

Or there ever must come a game that has the gameplay of borderlands and the free movement of titanfall.

Then i might consider going try hard modes.

Aaronbloxy
20th September 2017, 03:37 PM
hi i was just wondering if the guy making the ocarina of time videos is going to continue... if not - and i'm sure this has been proposed before - i could help make some videos of dungeons and whatever else you need using the same naming convention and try to pick up where you left off... i would appreciate some feedback on this idea