PDA

View Full Version : Binding PJ64 functions to Controller

SorrowL
5th June 2011, 09:45 AM
I was thinking probably the ability to change or say "add" functions that are not Ingame related but PJ64 related, for example: changing the FPS limit toggle key to Controller button 6. So you could skip Long cutscenes or just simply speed up the game for awhile until it is pressed again.

Basicly what I'm suggesting is binding PJ64 hotkeys to a controller, Kinda like using Xpadder, but would only effect PJ64 even when the window is not selected. this goes for F5 and F7 aswell, making quicksaves and quickloads per controller click. just making it a more smoother "ride" for the player

HatCat
5th June 2011, 06:55 PM
one of the things I wanted tho which it does not have is when you could map the key to a controller button, not just a keyboard key. Like a key on the joy stick to be able to save/restore

Seems it's on the want-to-do list in development. It hasn't been added yet though. A few others have agreed to asking that this be implemented at some point.

SorrowL
6th June 2011, 01:18 PM
alright cool, hopefully it can be added someday. Although it is not a very important addition.

drewbocop
15th June 2011, 07:26 AM
this goes for F5 and F7 aswell, making quicksaves and quickloads per controller click. just making it a more smoother "ride" for the player

Haha, great minds think alike. I came here to see if there was possibly a way to config that and if not, suggest it. Beaten to the punch!

Even though PJ64 is absolutely GLORIOUS, and I've been using it for years, I hate having to reach to save all the time. I'm admittedly a savestate addict. It's bad enough my Logitech Precision Pad doesn't have enough keys for the C-buttons so I had to bind them to the arrows, ya know!?

Anyways, this is my first post to the board, strangely enough in the Suggestions forum. Love the emu, love the site, love love love!

Drew

ExtremeDude2
15th June 2011, 12:00 PM
I hate having to reach to save all the time. I'm admittedly a savestate addict.

Same here.