PDA

View Full Version : 360 Wireless Rumble

ToraxOutlaw
31st December 2001, 02:35 PM
Okay I've now properly figured it. As soon as I figure out whats up with my thread, I'll get everything posted and solve everyone's issues...hopefully.

sumdude
17th June 2011, 10:40 PM
Hokay, been having a problem setting up the wireless 360 controller to get rumble on project 64. I had rumble working before. But I had to reformat my machine and now I'm starting from scratch. I can't remember how I had rumble working in the first place.

Anyways, I have the wireless receiver, I got the Microsoft 360 accssories drivers installed. Got 360 controller to work with it, but no rumble. If it helps, running Windows 7 ultimate x64. Test mode enabled, watermark removed, the plugin I've used with it previously was Nrage driest input8 v2 1.82. So now all I need is the rumble working again with it. How do I do that?

Natch
17th June 2011, 10:43 PM
wireless is bound to have problems.

Also, Xinput.

sumdude
17th June 2011, 10:52 PM
wireless is bound to have problems.

Also, Xinput.

Little more detail please?

Natch
17th June 2011, 10:54 PM
download Xinput. place it in the main Pj 64 folder (maybe the input plugin folder, one of those). Use Nrage, the latest one, which can be found either by rewriting the code for Jabo's or by doing a quick google search, whichever you prefer.

Wireless controllers are known to have Loooooooooooots of problems with Pj64 though, might wanna consider getting a wired.

sumdude
17th June 2011, 11:20 PM
Got a link for Xinput for the pj64 folder? Googled it up and had hundreds of misc. links.

HatCat
18th June 2011, 01:19 AM
Eh, couple of reminders from Jabo's sticky.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2535

See question numbers one and two.

Basically we should where possible make some effort to avoid talk about third-party plugins, but yes just start with installing N-Rage and worry about XINPUT later. See if that by its self helps the rumble. Don't throw everything in one post like download this, then that, then try all this at once. It's more informative if we try things on a step-by-step basis I think so we know more specifically what's wrong. :D

sumdude
18th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Hmmkay, got Nrage's Direct-input 8 V2 1.83, went to check the settings, have the pack set as rumble, tried raw data checked and unchecked and still nothing.

19th June 2011, 12:21 AM
not latest version of Nrage.....

use the one in my siggy.

sumdude
19th June 2011, 01:35 AM
not latest version of Nrage.....

use the one in my siggy.

Yup, that was the problem. Thought the one i got earlier was the latest, only latest one on Nrage site i could find was that, anyways. Thanks! Just saved me a weeks worth of headache.

HatCat
19th June 2011, 03:32 AM
The other thing possible to look at is if you knew of a way that there might be newer drivers available to install as an upgrade to your current driver version for the device to see if that would have increased compatibility with either plugin. Though then again, the fix at hand is already of some benefit. :D

ToraxOutlaw
7th July 2011, 10:50 AM
You could try my guide, it should help you. Only posted it today after many hours of trying. LOL.

ExtremeDude2
7th July 2011, 01:45 PM
To bad it can't be seen :p

ToraxOutlaw
7th July 2011, 02:00 PM
I think I've figured it out after my last thread was deleted. You have to have the lastest NRage Input plugin, which you can download from the PJ64 forum, install XBCD 0.2.6 and followed by the installation of XBCD 0.2.7 and hopefully it should work. XBCD 0.2.6 installs on Windows 7 without any issues. It seems Vista users need to install in manually, which i'm trying to figure out now. You don't need to update any drivers like the other posts say, just install these programs so it puts files in the correct places for everything to run smoothly. On a side note, XBCD 0.2.7 need to run as admin on both windows vista and 7.

**A couple of side notes, XBCD 0.2.6 works without having to install XBCD 0.2.7. And XBCD 0.2.7 works without XBCD 0.2.6. But XBCD 0.2.7 installation is a lengthy process**

**It seems you don't have to install XBCD 0.2.7 at all, it doesn't support Wireless 360 Controllers**

**OK, now i know what to do, I just gotta figure out how to update my darn thread after it disappeared**

HatCat
8th July 2011, 11:12 PM
Well, the time here doesn't seem to be messed up, just of your post.

The time your post was edited in to the forum sure as hell was when this forum was still closed. :D So something messed up happened.

If you put any links in the posts then that auto-moderates them as well if you have less than fifteen posts I think it was (wait, thirty I think lol).

ToraxOutlaw
9th July 2011, 07:39 PM
It appears to be working now, so yeah, if you're a 360 wireless control user on your pc, and want the rumble feature to work within Project64 then please read my guide and let me know it helps. :D