PDA

View Full Version : Open Source + Guides

Mystery
26th November 2008, 10:23 PM
PJ64 Final ETA: Summer 2010

Final Version Name: 1.7 or 2.0

Source Code Release: 1.4, Latest(Don't Know)

Zilmar,

Are you planning on releasing the source code upon completion of pj64? If so, are you willing to make a descriptive guide as to how your own code works? Such that your unique engineering can be interpreted and named codes will have a meaning to those who haven't followed along in the coding progress...?

mudlord
26th November 2008, 11:14 PM
Its his choice.

I know Jabo is cagey about his research, can't blame him though ^_^ He likes doing things his own way, but I would love to know how he optimized that software renderer ^_^

But I do know, in the past not much has been done with the PJ64 source that is remotely useful, except for the FB2K/Winamp/XMMS USF N64 music input components for those music players.

Mdkcheatz
26th November 2008, 11:28 PM
Its his choice.

I know Jabo is cagey about his research, can't blame him though ^_^ He likes doing things his own way, but I would love to know how he optimized that software renderer ^_^

But I do know, in the past not much has been done with the PJ64 source that is remotely useful, except for the FB2K/Winamp/XMMS USF N64 music input components for those music players.

Keep in grave mind that there will be a huge difference in the respince the open sourcing with the final version than the 1.4 version... I think there maybe more enthusiasm in modifying the final build than there will be in something that is pretty clean but still had so many improvements. That reminds me... hmm

But what i mean is that there may be able to be changes to the emulator without altering the actual core?? Im not quite sure, i dont know how Zilmar's source code works...:rolleyes:

squall_leonhart
27th November 2008, 02:14 PM
Not likely.

Mdkcheatz
1st December 2008, 06:45 AM
Not likely to release the source code? Im pretty sure Zilmar will release it once he's done, But if he does im only saying that maybe there should be a guide to guide those who don't know his custom made programming for anyone determined to enhance its capabilities any way possible...

NinCalltendo
1st February 2017, 09:48 AM
I bet you still haven't got that code now... As said above

ExtremeDude2
1st February 2017, 05:20 PM
dat bump tho