PDA

View Full Version : OGL Shaders support

ExtremeDude2
27th June 2011, 01:59 AM
Is there a plugin that already does this? If so then please tell me and disregard this thread.

Jabo
27th June 2011, 12:39 PM
What kind of shaders would you use it for?

ExtremeDude2
27th June 2011, 02:36 PM
What kind of shaders would you use it for?

Anaglyph (did I spell that right?)/Stereoscopic 3D :D
I have a shader that can do this (no sure if it is HLSL or GLSL) just need a plugin to use it :)
Here (http://sourceforge.net/projects/hlsl2glsl/) is a HLSL to GLSL converter if you need it or something.

HatCat
27th June 2011, 06:51 PM
Not sure if this has what you want?
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/43488-Real-shaders-are-here.-Cel-amp-Bloom

ExtremeDude2
28th June 2011, 01:52 PM
Not sure if this has what you want?
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/43488-Real-shaders-are-here.-Cel-amp-Bloom

Yes and no, I can't really get it to work, I wish it was simpler and could use one of those famous Jabo plugins :p

HatCat
28th June 2011, 06:59 PM
Well I can't know what that evaluates to. :p Maybe it just hadn't been installed right.
mudlord was the only one who provided a background for this being done in an N64 plugin IIRC.

I don't think there is an implementation of doing this with Jabo's plugins, and my prediction is that Jabo hasn't been planning on it.

ExtremeDude2
28th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Well if this is to big off a thing to ask then do not worry about it (after all this is a suggestions forum not an OMG-I-must-have-this-or-I-will-die! forum :p)

HatCat
29th June 2011, 12:29 AM
lol

OGL Shaders support

OMG-I-must-have-this-or-I-will-die!

you wanna die mofo?

no jk :D

Well I don't see what's so hard about using the implementation already given. Might be some local library installation on your disk might have bailed on you or something, but personally back in '07 or '08 I think it was I got some of the shader filtering code that mudlord implemented to the plugin to work.

Though at the same time, not hard to implement here or so much to ask...may very well be that Jabo is sneakily adding it as we speak. :D

ExtremeDude2
2nd July 2011, 01:48 AM
I have a shader that can do this (no sure if it is HLSL or GLSL) just need a plugin to use it :)

Hell, it might be Cg.

HatCat
2nd July 2011, 04:11 AM
what the hell is CG

squall_leonhart
2nd July 2011, 07:25 AM
the originally proposed OpenGL shading language nvidia made to counter SGI/ATI's shitty GLSL.

HatCat
2nd July 2011, 07:57 PM
haha, from the sound of things, if mudlord was still around this thread would be a lot more active XD

Any of those, shader or OS etc. religious wars XD

TheRealM
11th July 2011, 02:21 AM
aha, from the sound of things, if mudlord was still around this thread would be a lot more active XD

Thats if I bother anymore. Which I don't. Unless there is motivation. :rolleyes:

D3D != OGL, so GLSL not gonna worky. Maybe Cg, but then Jabo needs to port to D3D9 and add extra DLLs.

Wot would be nice is a new OpenGL plugin developed with new tech in mind.

HatCat
11th July 2011, 02:46 AM
oh hellllllllll.

no jk XD

Yeah I understand. Not a lot of reasons to get motivated with the circumstances given here.

That's probably the first time I've heard back from you on this forum without you creating a new account though XD. You might actually stick with this one. :D

I read that Direct3D8 pretty much supports everything essential to do with emulation, so yeah I imagine Jabo wouldn't be all that interested in investing in that alternative.

TheRealM
11th July 2011, 04:01 AM
Futureproofing perhaps?

Considering though MS wants 32-bit to die though....

HatCat
11th July 2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah lol, it's totally like, out with the old, in with the new :eek: from MS. Which of course would sound natural.

I just remember that Jabo used to use a bunch of versions as well as write an OpenGL plugin, changed from D3D7 to D3D6, then from D3D6 to D3D8. I don't remember if there was discussion about him maybe using D3D9, though for some reason I feel some glimpse of that.

ExtremeDude2
13th July 2011, 12:15 AM
Found out it is a Cg

HatCat
13th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Then from the sound of things Jabo's plugin won't support it.

TheRealM
14th July 2011, 01:43 AM
Unless he ports back to OpenGL or goes forward to D3D9/10, that is.

HatCat
15th July 2011, 12:41 AM
Yeah that's basically what I meant in the inference implied via "the sound of things" seeing as Jabo generally moved on from those settings.

I did read the saying that this would be a possibility if he would do that though.

TheRealM
8th August 2011, 12:12 AM
indeed, moving to D3D9 would offer a fair bit, while still giving Jabo the power he needs for emulation.

Then again, I am amazed how he pulls off such stuff in D3D8. It indeed proves D3D8 pwns OGL when it comes to fixed function blending :D

HatCat
8th August 2011, 12:36 AM
He's definitely been through a lot XD; I remember Jabo complimenting some aspects of OpenGL a few years ago as well in some open EmuTalk discussion.

Making use of the circumstances is one thing he'd always be around to do.