PDA

View Full Version : Disable Idle Time/Screensaver While Playing

shinra358
28th June 2011, 04:11 AM
I would like to suggest that when this emulator is running, that it temporarily disables the screensaver. Few other emulators do this as well. It is to keep the monitor from timing out when you are playing the game.

Jabo
28th June 2011, 12:10 PM
I actually thought it did that, I remember removing that functionality from the graphics plugin because of it. I'd need zilmar to say definitely thought if it is in 1.6 or 1.7

shinra358
28th June 2011, 04:10 PM
I haven't tested it out with the screensaver but I checked it with virus scanner. Usually with a game, the background scan doesn't turn on because it senses that I'm pushing buttons on a keypad. But on project64, the background scan runs. I just didn't mention the scanner because I thought the function was connected somehow.

Edit: Just tested the screensaver by setting it to 1 minute. Played the game and the saver didn't come on. However the background scanner definitely comes on.

HatCat
28th June 2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah this is an option in the 1.7 settings actually. It isn't provided in 1.6 as far as I know, at least not the released official version.

"Disable Screen Saver when running rom"

shinra358
28th June 2011, 07:26 PM
Oh aight, gotcha'.

HatCat
28th June 2011, 08:04 PM
For several reasons and issues particular to my OS and other parts of my system actually I've completely disabled having a screen saver. I turn off the screen manually all the time now.

For other places where this isn't needed I'm not sure if there was a later version of 1.6 including this option, but 1.7 definitely has it.