PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 Wireless Rumble

ToraxOutlaw
31st December 2001, 02:21 PM
Jabo, you could try installing XBCD 0.2.6 download the correct one for your operating system and install it.

Jabo
31st December 2001, 03:03 PM
Can you describe what problems you had with the default input plugin? (Jabo's Direct Input 1.6)

ToraxOutlaw
31st December 2001, 03:36 PM
The Rumble Feature doesn't work. And I posted this guide here to help people use NRage Input plugin because it's more suited for 360 wireless controllers and enables them to use the Rumble Pak feature. Jabo, you could try my guide and let me know if it works.

ToraxOutlaw
7th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Hello to my fellow N64 enthusiasts from good old England, the England where tea and crumpets are rife :), after hours and I do mean hour of trawling the internet with the help of google, hundreds of useless downloads, raging and venting at my darn controller, I've finally found the solution to everyone's Wireless Rumble issue. I'm sharing it with you so you can enjoy it to.

I'm assuming you've all got Project64 1.6 or 1.7 and Microsoft XBox 360 Accessories Software V1.2 installed, as well as your wireless reciever and wireless so I'll move on to what's needed and where to get it.

Step 1. Get the latest NRage Input Plugin from here Project64 Plugin's (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1844). The thread is written and lovingly maintained/updated by Clasttacular. Once downloaded, place it into the folder where you're Project64 plugins are located.

**once you've completed Step 1, these following steps are now invalid, please read all my posts to find out why as well as find the updated steps**

Step 2. Navigate you way over here to get the latest XBCD drivers XBCD Drivers (http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-xbcd-0-2-7-release-info-updates-will-be-posted-here). Yes I do know he tells you to update your drivers so on and so forth, but if you recieve regular windows updates and have Microsoft Xbox Accessories Software 1.2 installed your drivers are fine. Once downloaded, run it as Admin, let it install and close it. You don't need to select any of the option at this time, that I know of. This is written by Squall Leonheart. I would advise bookmarking both these links or making them an App Tab if you have Firefox, and checking back every couple months to keep an eye for updates.

Step 3. Turn on your 360 Wireless Controller, load up Project64, go to Settings, select NRages Beta Input, Apply and OK

Step 4. Go to Options, Configure Input, check box XInput, Controller Pak, make sure Raw Data is ticked, in the drop down menu select Rumble Pak, in the Force-Feedback Device dropdown box select Controller (XBox 360 Wireless Reciever), select Ramp Force, bump Rumble Strength up to 100%.

Step 5. Here is the fun part, either hold your controller or leave it on the desk where you placed whilst doing this guide and repeatedly click Test Rumble a few times to make sure its working. VOILA, it's works.

If there are any issues please post, any feedback would be much appreciatted, and sorry for my poor spelling if any words are incorrect. The feedback would be great because if this guide still doesn't help, I may have installed something along the way, so then I can backtrack my history and get the correct files. I would test it on a blank pc but my laptop is away at the moment for repairs. So thanks for taking the time for reading this and listening to my weird British banter.

Your Project64 companion,
G-Man aka ToraxOutlaw

Project64 versions tested with:
Project64 V1.7 Beta Tested and working
Project64 V1.6 Tested and working

Operating Systems tested on:
Windows 7 (32x/64x) Tested and working
Windows Vista (32x/64x) Untested

HatCat
8th July 2011, 11:25 PM
wtfmao

showthread.php?t=2622

There's no way this thread existed in Dec 2001 lololol

^ Very good guide. I never saw this thread all along; it basically includes what idea fragments I was able to gather after reading around all this time here about the controller adapter support questions.

squall_leonhart
9th July 2011, 06:38 AM
xbcd doesn't support wireless controls, and nrage doesn't support xinput rumble....

its not like your missing much anyway.....

ToraxOutlaw
9th July 2011, 07:35 PM
The lastest NRage plugin for project 64 enables users to use their 360 controllers whether wireless or wired. It also allows them to edit the keymaps, save controller profiles and use Paks once they've been setup. I'm using Project64 V1.6 with NRage Input Plugin 2.2 Beta, its supports 360 wireless controls, XInput and XInput Rumble. XBCD 0.2.6 from the files I've provided adds support in conjunction with the Microsoft drivers, NRage plugin and XInput to provide a force feedback rumble for 360 wireless controller users.

ToraxOutlaw
11th July 2011, 02:12 PM
This guide may also work for the 360 controllers that aren't wireless, so if people could try it and let me know how you go that would be great. This basically means that the XBCD 0.2.6 file I've provided should work, but as I don't have a wired 360 controller, I can't test my theory, if anyone has a wired and wireless 360 controller please could you try my guide and post your feedback. This will then help me create a guide for both wired and wireless 360 control users having issues with the rumble feature. I've may have helped wireless 360 users on Windows 7 and Vista fix their issues, but I'm currently updating the guide to provide functionality for XP users as well as wired 360 control users on Windows 7, Vista and XP. So yeah, feedback would be nice please, if this has helped you. :D

squall_leonhart
11th July 2011, 05:14 PM
xbcd doesn't support wireless controls, and nrage doesn't support xinput rumble....

its not like your missing much anyway.....
:cool::eek:

ExtremeDude2
13th July 2011, 11:48 AM
You might want to look at this (http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/translate_url_content?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.katch.ne.jp%2F~morii%2Fdriver %2Fxi%2Findex.html&.intl=au).

ToraxOutlaw
27th July 2011, 01:23 AM
I had got my files from there extremedude and I've uploaded the correct ones that are useful for vista and windows 7 users, which I put in my great little guide for people to use to see if they get their wireless 360 rumble working.

HatCat
28th July 2011, 12:04 AM
It supports XInput, too. :D

TheRealM
28th July 2011, 05:26 AM
Oh my 360 wired controller works fine.
No need to install XBCD and crap. I just installed the MS supplied disc which came with my controller >_>.

HatCat
28th July 2011, 10:10 PM
Sounds a lot more efficient than the processes I keep reading about. :D

TheRealM
28th July 2011, 10:12 PM
I have no hesitation in uploading the disc.
Since its a driver disk, I doubt Microsoft will mind a ISO.

HatCat
28th July 2011, 10:30 PM
Well then that would definitely be useful. Hell even I have a couple 360 controllers around, and I haven't kept up with gaming all that much. :D

Bobbeh123
29th July 2011, 06:14 AM
i have a xbox 360 wireless controller with a charge kit. Could I get it to work without the receiver? I googled this and the internet has led me to believe that the charger does not transfer data. However, most posts were half a decade ago that I had read. Do you guys know if there's any way I could get my wireless controller to work without a receiver?

thanks in advance.

HatCat
29th July 2011, 07:05 AM
Oh never mind the post times. zilmar somehow managed to fukk up the post header timelines while he closed the forum for testing. :D

This thread was not actually posted in 2001.

ExtremeDude2
30th July 2011, 12:25 AM
i have a xbox 360 wireless controller with a charge kit. Could I get it to work without the receiver? I googled this and the internet has led me to believe that the charger does not transfer data. However, most posts were half a decade ago that I had read. Do you guys know if there's any way I could get my wireless controller to work without a receiver?

thanks in advance.

Nope, you have to have some king of wireless adapter thingy.

HatCat
30th July 2011, 04:06 AM
Hey guys. Can you add a feature to Project64 to detect wireless controllers no matter what bed I take them to in the world, as long as it's on my crotch?

Seriously, I hate these fucking controller questions. Start asking real emulation questions, dammit! Keyboard vs. fancy-ass exotic controller got nothing to do with N64.

Bobbeh123
30th July 2011, 09:44 AM
alright.. well.. i guess im not too welcomed but: I do have a microsoft wireless optical desktop receiver. Would i be able to have this detect my controller in any way?

By the way, for shooting and movement intense games like super mario bros or elemental gearbolt I prefer a controller.

HatCat
30th July 2011, 09:51 PM
lmao, Super Mario Bros.? Movement intense XD? Using a controller, who would have thought of that?

I use one for that game, too! It's called a keyboard. No analog functions required; the keyboard does everything.

Bobbeh123
31st July 2011, 06:48 AM
just modded my old xbox controller and it's now working.. 10x better at every game now :D

HatCat
1st August 2011, 04:42 AM
Be sure to use an axe next time.

no jk :D

rpglover
14th December 2011, 07:50 AM
Hi there,

Thanks for this helpful tutorial. I followed every single step given here including getting the latest plugins but i still can't get the rumble to work. I can choose the X360 Wireless Controller in the Force Feed-back drop down menu and i can click on any given option but the rumble dosen't work. I don't know why? I tried on both the 1.6 and 1.7 versions but it gave me the same result.

To be more specific, i have PS3 controller and i'm using the DS3 Tool to use the X360 Controller emulator option. I can play and enable the rumble feature on every PC game and other emulators including PS2, PSone, GameCube and Dreamcast.

Is it because i'm not using the real X360 controller i can't get the rumble to work? Please, help would be appreciated.

Thanks alot

Yours, RPG Lover

Mr.64
15th December 2011, 06:30 PM
I am using a ps3 controller but I never cared about the rumble.
Has someone managed to get ps3 rumble working?

Mr.64
16th December 2011, 01:55 PM
I managed to get it work using motioninjoy and n-rage.
Don't emulate a XBox360 Controller. This option is not needed.

rpglover
17th December 2011, 02:52 PM
WOW it works like a charm!! Thanks a million. But i discovered that you can even use Jabo's input as well, not just N-rage.

Thanks again.

StreetWalker32
1st January 2012, 01:27 AM
Here's a quote from myself in a previous thread:

This means 360 wired controllers get to use the latest update, but for us 360 wireless users, it's the reliable XBCD 0.2.6.

Now for users running Project64 its a good idea to set the compatability to run as admin. This is for both Windows 7 and Vista users. This post has attached to it 2 files with my help Project64 users with getting rumble to work. Windows 7 users do not need to run it as admin, just let it install, if any UAC boxes appear, just allow it to run. The same goes for Windows Vista Users.

Step 1. Get the latest NRage Input Plugin from here Project64 Plugin's (http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=1844).

Step 2. Download XBCD 0.2.6 for your correct operating system from the files attached.

Step 3. Turn on your 360 Wireless Controller, load up Project64, go to Settings, select NRages Beta Input, Apply and OK

Step 4. Go to Options, Configure Input, check box XInput, Controller Pak, make sure Raw Data is ticked, in the drop down menu select Rumble Pak, in the Force-Feedback Device dropdown box select Controller (XBox 360 Wireless Reciever), select Constant Force, bump Rumble Strength up to 100%.

Step 5. Here is the fun part, either hold your controller or leave it on the desk where you placed whilst doing this guide and repeatedly click Test Rumble a few times to make sure its working. VOILA, it's works.

Project64 versions tested with:
Project64 V1.7 Beta Tested and working
Project64 V1.6 Tested and working

Operating Systems tested on:
Windows 7 (32x/64x) Tested and working
Windows Vista (32x/64x) Tested and working

Any feed back would be much appreciated if this guide has solved your 360 Wireless Rumble issue.

Thanks a lot ToraxOutlaw! Works like a charm!

However, you should emphasize on INSTALLING "xbox 360 accessories software 1.2" because Windows Update will automatically install some drivers which will allow it to work, but not to rumble!

squall_leonhart
1st January 2012, 11:00 PM
why is that idiot recommending a version of xbcd that should not even be available anywhere at this point.

more important, why is he suggesting the use of XBCD when it doesn't even support wireless controls.

ToraxOutlaw
4th March 2012, 04:14 AM
Because XBCD 0.2.7 doesn't support XBox 360 Wireless controllers.

ToraxOutlaw
4th March 2012, 04:23 AM
If anyone else has managed to get it working following my guide please post here and give my guide/thread a rating. Thanks.

squall_leonhart
4th March 2012, 08:32 AM
n64input supports xinput rumble.