PDA

View Full Version : DK 64 Gorilla Grip issues

wyoung71
28th November 2008, 05:14 PM
All of a sudden I can't pull levers with Donkey Kong. Anybody else have this issue? Any possilbe solutions?

Bill

HatCat
28th November 2008, 06:05 PM
You were able to before in the current game file--in that you got Cranky's potion that allows you to pull them?

In which case where are you trying to pull levers?

wyoung71
28th November 2008, 09:30 PM
Yes. The save file is one that I recovered from a computer that had the operating system fail. I'm using Version 1.6 and I was on the old machine too. Just was wondering if it was a little glitch. Also one of the things I've noticed is that when I go back to Cranky the Strong Kong potion is always available. I can get it multiple times. If I had to guess it has one of the cheats. The only cheat I ever use is the infinite cheats. Dunno what do you think?

Bill

HatCat
28th November 2008, 10:15 PM
I can't really remember any instances where a lever isn't supposed to work immediately, so unless you want to upload a save state for me to look at I'd say something is corrupt. Pressing F5 generates a zipped save in PROJEC~1\SAVE that you can upload at megaupload.com.

And the only thing that can consistently corrupt saves is cheat codes. Before you turn on any cheats it's always safe to make an instant "quick" save so you have a backup of the memory. Otherwise it's difficult to code a reverse effect cheat that will fix everything.

wyoung71
29th November 2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah I can upload that if you want. I'd hate to have to start all over from the beggining. That would suck. So I visited MegaUpload do I need your E-Mail to send that to you?

wyoung71
29th November 2008, 12:17 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VSNSY8YU

HatCat
29th November 2008, 12:43 AM
Unfortunately modifying any of the infinite cheats to counter the effects of you turning any of them on hasn't helped because of interlaced writing as usual, and obviously there is no pulling the levers. Unless you have a backup save state you made before you turned on any cheats I guess that's life.

wyoung71
29th November 2008, 12:57 AM
Ugggh! Oh well back to the drawing board!