PDA

View Full Version : Button combinations

tal93
29th November 2008, 04:02 PM
I would like to be able to have key combinations mapped to n64 buttons. its annoying using the right analog stick on my ps2 pad for the c butons, i'd rather press r1 + face buttons for c.

edit. controller profiles that auto-load for different games would be great.

HatCat
29th November 2008, 08:37 PM
I agree that there should be perhaps a configuration text telling which games to use which controller profiles; currently no plugin does this except Orkin's which never functioned for me.

Is that perhaps too much Jabo?

squall_leonhart
29th November 2008, 10:56 PM
this actually has to be supported in the controllers driver.

newbie2356
1st January 2009, 09:09 AM
why? wouldnt it end up being a right click on rom and selecting choose controller config for this game and then it would stay as that config for that game.

HatCat
1st January 2009, 10:19 PM
Squall is referring to the first support idea.

I would like to be able to have key combinations mapped to n64 buttons. its annoying using the right analog stick on my ps2 pad for the c butons, i'd rather press r1 + face buttons for c.

Game-specific controller profiles is no investigative hassle.

Jabo
3rd January 2009, 05:04 PM
I wanted to support per game profiles a while ago the real issue is that I just need the time I'm not sure how many people would benefit from this versus the other 100 things on my todo list :( but this has definitely been considered

squall_leonhart
3rd January 2009, 07:25 PM
Rabiddiety wants to do the same with nrage v2, are there any documents for the controller spec 1.1 for him to read?