PDA

View Full Version : Support for Rice formatted hires textures

SwooshyCueb
8th August 2011, 10:11 PM
EDIT: OK! I should have looked a bit closer. It seems there already is support for this. Kinda. Still needs to be zipped and still needs a file to tell it which ROMs it works with. So yeah, ignore this.

Original post:

I'd like to see support for hires texture packs made for Mudlord's Rice video plugin/1964video. Most packs are already in this format, and I don't see an easy way to convert between the two.

Right now the packs consist of a zip containing a pack.xml with info on the pack as well as a list of compatible games, and a folder with the internal name of the rom with all the textures in dds format. A texture usually has a name like 0479309CD89C989D3E800E60BDD3E377.dds
Mudlord texture packs are not zipped. The textures sit (usually in png format) in a folder with the rom's internal name. They can be in subfolders. A texutre usually has a name like ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#0B3335BE#4#1_all.png

Now, I have NO idea the difficulty of implementing such a feature, but I might as well suggest it.

squall_leonhart
9th August 2011, 01:22 AM
kill him nater.

Natch
9th August 2011, 01:49 AM
Is your knife still in the shop? :confused::confused:

HatCat
9th August 2011, 02:28 AM
Yeah I've just finished discussing this in some fair detail with someone in another thread if you hadn't seen that.
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=2693

Natch
9th August 2011, 02:31 AM
I stopped paying attention to that after the third post.

HatCat
9th August 2011, 02:39 AM
guy kinda weirded me out anyway, kept saying some shit about hmmm I'm either using this or no retexture at all ":p" it's like :p as in I care one way or the other? As long as you GTFO my server and leave me with the last word in your thread I really don't care either way. :eek:

It was just a suggestion anyway. Not my problem if he has some paranoia against reasoning why he has a problem with it, and it's not like I can say I'd want to hear it anyway. :D

squall_leonhart
9th August 2011, 06:14 AM
i don't want to risk dulling my blade.

Natch
9th August 2011, 03:18 PM
ok... so now can I use a flamethrower?

HatCat
9th August 2011, 06:13 PM
just spirit bomb him already lol