PDA

View Full Version : Banjo-Kazooie

Porsche911C
30th November 2008, 03:04 AM
This is a very minor issue, but in the beginning of Banjo-Kazooie, when it does the puzzle picture effect, the screen goes black while it's doing it. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but I just thought I'd mention it.

eljuanmi
30th November 2008, 05:00 AM
I also realised this today.

Its a pity that a so beautiful game lost some minor details...

Im really excited about replaying both banjos :)

squall_leonhart
30th November 2008, 05:29 AM
read the change logs, for heavens sakes. if that doesn't help you, then the gamefaq will tell you.

HatCat
30th November 2008, 04:46 PM
Options Configure Graphics Plugin
Advanced
Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM

Software FBO, naturally no plugin will render these without hits
//Noted distinguishments: Mario Kart 64 screen buffer CFB work investigations by Gonetz, Orkin's HWFBE implementations for Banjo-Tooie's heavy instance in Jiggywiggy's challenges

Since it's not exactly internal to Project64 you can try a plugin called Glide64.

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/
Installation: Project64 will check PROJEC~1\PLUGIN for all comformist plugin files with DLL extension on Options > Settings.... Find GLIDE3X.DLL and place it in the folder holding PROJEC~1.EXE.

.:Wesker:.
1st December 2008, 11:35 PM
Options Configure Graphics Plugin
Advanced
Copy Framebuffer to RDRAM

Software FBO, naturally no plugin will render these without hits
//Noted distinguishments: Mario Kart 64 screen buffer CFB work investigations by Gonetz, Orkin's HWFBE implementations for Banjo-Tooie's heavy instance in Jiggywiggy's challenges

Since it's not exactly internal to Project64 you can try a plugin called Glide64.

http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/
Installation: Project64 will check PROJEC~1\PLUGIN for all comformist plugin files with DLL extension on Options > Settings.... Find GLIDE3X.DLL and place it in the folder holding PROJEC~1.EXE.

If he didn't have enough sense to check the GameFAQ do you really think he'll understand any of that in your post?

Porsche911C
2nd December 2008, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't think I would catch so much flak for making this post. I do recall that there was the same issue with PJ64 1.6 and I remember reading the GameFAQ for it and trying the framebuffer option. Of course, it makes it so slow... Anyway i was just trying to be helpful, but I guess everyone is well aware. So, sorry to waste anyone's time.

RadeonUser
3rd December 2008, 12:19 AM
It's really not an issue, it's good to bring these things up again as they might have escaped our attention.

The best chance for these errors to get fixed is for them to be posted in this forum.

Provide a picture showing what's wrong and a picture showing how it's supposed to look (if at all possible) along with a save.
Include details on how to reproduce the issue if it isn't apparent.

Just please don't repost issues that are already in http://bug.pj64-emu.com unless you have more information to provide.

I'm aware of the attachment size issue we have right now, but please keep what you can uploaded to the forums. That way when the issue's looked at the links aren't broken.

HatCat
3rd December 2008, 12:19 AM
Appreciated...
And I added on to your information.

Like RadeonUser said it's not expected by those who want to help, but there are many people who don't ask about questions like that.

Mdkcheatz
3rd December 2008, 03:24 AM
Honestly this is too uch effort for the average user, especially a lazy one like me, so Ive learned to cope with stupid little abnormalities simply but blocking out any thought of playing a bug free or fully compatible emulator, basically even 1.6 version isnt done, and as long as it dont effect the gameplay I see not too many major resistance.

Porsche911C
3rd December 2008, 04:00 AM
I agree that it doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest so it's not a pressing issue or anything. Maybe, just maybe though... This could have something to do with the Pokemon sign issue on Pokemon Snap? Anyway, I didn't see anything about it on http://bug.pj64-emu.com so I'll look into posting screenshots like RadeonUser said.

Mdkcheatz
3rd December 2008, 04:18 AM
no dont worry about the pokemon sign in pokemon snap, it works fine... if you do jus issue its probably just a graphics issue, which should hurt the gameplay...

Porsche911C
3rd December 2008, 04:10 PM
if you do jus issue its probably just a graphics issue, which should hurt the gameplay...

Do what?

And when was the Pokemon sign issue fixed? The last I heard, the camera in the game still didn't recognize Pokemon when you put the reticule on the Pokemon (the red dot doesn't light up).

Porsche911C
3rd December 2008, 06:00 PM
OK, so here are the screenshots. And I tried using the "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" option and it worked perfectly, just with slowdown (this is how I got the "Good" screenshot). So, I guess if someone's a purist and they MUST have the puzzle pieces looking right, they can turn that option on for the intro and then off afterward. I'm just curious if fixing this issue may provide insight into other issues...

Fernin
5th December 2008, 12:56 AM
While that does work for the puzzle pieces seen upon starting the game... it doesn't work for the puzzle pieces seen in each of the levels you enter. :(

FortCastle
13th August 2013, 04:44 AM
IN THE WITCH QUIZZ ROOM YOU CANT USE THE F4, (well actually i got this also after F7 loading a game trough the choosing a game selection too, so theres many ways to get this bug going on but i think it has to do with F4 speeding up)

or else you might have a sound lag forever, omg i should have tried to use the save quit fonction instead of auto save F5 maybe the bug would have been removed ill try (cause closing the game and reoppening changing rooms pressing f4 many times, doesnt seem to stop the screeching/breaking Audio noise

took forever just to come and send this bug hope it wont be forgotten

reedited : ok this is weird i just deliberatly tried to remake the bug but it didnt work this time, maybe its activating F4 before coming into the quizz room

reedited : ok now i really cant tell how i reproduce the bug but im sure it has to do with F4, and i did it 4 times in row past the quizz room before but only without noticing

just be carefull with F4 (Audio Bug) and save often, other wise maybe use the *save & quit* from the normal game options maybe it fix everything

FortCastle
14th August 2013, 11:06 PM
aight i dont know how to make a thread on this game so i keep making them here

there an other problem,, i cant play the ending of this game, cant even find answers no where, that your project 64 doesnt allow me open doors of this game for the ICE key and all the other eggs after have 100 puzzle pieces and everything else (but the silver skulls i probably missed some but i got no where to use them neways)

just to say that this games ending is sad and ill have to warn the others in case they come across the same dilema (but i heard if you levitate over the ice wall in the cave to get to the key it works, but it doesnt tell me how to see what happens or hear what happens while and after getting (if i can) the eggs or the key, or what happen in the end (ill try the cheat codes after watching youtube videos sadly i cant experiment it on my own)

Clements
15th August 2013, 12:32 PM
You should be able to collect the Ice Key and the coloured mystery eggs if you enter the cheat codes into the sandcastle floor in Treasure Trove Cove. As far as I am aware, there aren't any prerequisites for it other than collecting the jiggy in the sandcastle.

HatCat
15th August 2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah, not that it does you much good.

I read a rumor on the Internet in the form of a fake interview that, of the six Stop 'N' Swop mystery eggs, only the middle four eggs are necessary, and the first and last of the six only existed as a barrier against cheating so that if the player collected those in addition to the middle four, the game would know that the eggs were not acquired legitimately.

But, of course that doesn't make much sense nowadays.
Especially now that Banjo-Tooie was re-done by Rare for Microsoft Xbox 360. When I played Banjo-Tooie over on the Xbox 360 version, Heggy called me a dumb cluck or whatever (XD) for consulting her without getting any of the 6 eggs from "the first game" (Banjo-Kazooie) first.