PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart 64 Netplay

mushroomdude
30th November 2008, 03:39 AM
So im sure the idea has popped up before about mario kart net play, But I was just wondering how hard this would actually be to do and if we will ever see it happen, would we just get to 4 players or 8? I know right now it's just a dream but I would be so stoked to be playing mario kart in math class at school against my class mates :p

----------------
Now playing: Entheogenic - Beyond Zero (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/entheogenic/track/beyond+zero)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

squall_leonhart
30th November 2008, 05:28 AM
everytime this question comes up, Zilmar kills a fairy.

please, think of the fairies.

Mdkcheatz
1st December 2008, 12:35 PM
would we just get to 4 players or 8?

Well I dont see any more than four players even possible. You talking about modifying that ROM data which even through hex edit you are not able to fit more than the four players, at least at this stage and understandings...

Netplay is definitely possible... not through random choice (i.e. log in and random play against another person), but it requires the knowledge and access to other PCs.... So you want to play against your friends, then that will exactly suit you and what your looking for. Basically in short terms, you'll be hooking up PJ64 to work off of multiple PCs..... (honestly its kind of pointless unless your in different classrooms)

Here are the instructions:

Netplay Instructions For PJ64 (http://howtopj64k.tripod.com/)

These are the instructions to possibly solve your question. Let me know if it works for you :D...

.:Wesker:.
1st December 2008, 11:33 PM
everytime this question comes up, Zilmar kills a fairy.

please, think of the fairies.

Not this shit again. For the last time I DON'T BELIEVE IN FAIRIES.

HatCat
2nd December 2008, 12:12 AM
Aye I've witnessed people playing Mario Kart 64 locally on version 1.3 during Physics class, blasting the foghorn sounds over the teacher and all that.

You can also use 1964 (much more stable) or Nemu64 (slow). Basically the instructions Mdk links to apply in the Kaillera client any emulator users; the only difference in starting it is just the GUI to start the client.

squall_leonhart
2nd December 2008, 06:50 PM
Anyone having problems with Project64Kve? im not personally, but some apparently are.

Mdkcheatz
4th December 2008, 03:50 AM
Anyone having problems with Project64Kve? im not personally, but some apparently are.

Ive personally never used it before but I downloaded it to see if there were any problems.... and this is what I came up with:

(the instructions weren't really clear so here is a revised version, because i was getting and error message too haha, but i know how to work it now:D)

1. Make sure you are plugged directly into the internet source. No dot use WIFI because apparently it doesn't work. I recommend a high speed internet access or there may be heavy errors in the near future XD.

2. Check to make sure your system requirements are fairly decent for PJ64... 2GB RAM at least, decent graphics card, windows xp is best, etc...

3. Launch Project 64 Kve. (the one with the starlike icon, not the standard PJ64 1.4 exe which comes with it)

4. Click "file" then "Start Netplay." A new box (the Kailla Client) will load. Then leave it to one side for now.

5. Kailla Client: Click the "Waiting Games" tab and browse game being served...

6. Project 64 Kve: Launch a game you see and want to play (make sure the regions match yours!!!!)....

7. Kailla Client: in "username" box, type in a username of your choice that doesnt already exist.

8. Kailla Client: CLick "connect," will open new window.

9. Kailla Client (new window): should connect fine,and once connected, search and double click the game that matches the one you wish to play and already have on your computer (match regions too).

10. Project 64 Kve: this winodws should now relaunch the game you desire to play in Project 64 Kve!!! (more player = more LAG!!! bad bad)

Bon Appatit!

Mdkcheatz
5th December 2008, 07:14 AM
does this answer your question Sqally Boy?

squall_leonhart
5th December 2008, 01:46 PM
lol, not really, the people having issues with it are on Vista.... its probably a simple permissions glitch.

ToetX2
5th December 2008, 03:18 PM
Here from the Netherlands :P

a easy LAN modus would be great, i play mostly didi kong racing.
thad is the perfect LAN game :D

so maby it can buld in to V1.7 (or V1.8 if it is not realy easy),
becos Project64Kve has lots of bugs :S
(hamachi or wippien are your frends on long distance LAN games)

so a easy LAN modus like "press the LAN button and find or host a game" would put PJ64 fully back in the world. (anyway in my eye's :D)

Mdkcheatz
5th December 2008, 03:44 PM
to Squally: um yea probably? wasn't it only XP that had permissions issues, whereas vista solved it....

To ToetX2: yes that would definitely work great, but Zil more than like will not release the source for anything >1.5 until hes done with this version.. It is meant to be the last one, but Zil may change his mind and further complete it more, but Im sure he will release the source when he's deffinitely done, but only he can tell...

squall_leonhart
5th December 2008, 04:06 PM
lol, no, Vista has worse permission issues.

Mdkcheatz
5th December 2008, 05:37 PM
yea sry i never really used vista much as you can tell... maybe eveyone should ditch vista altogether, and dont even bother with the new one coming out, and go to XP, its not hard at all...

squall_leonhart
5th December 2008, 07:30 PM
hey, don't knock Windows 7, its how Vista should've been

Fast, good looking, and packing alot more features.

Mdkcheatz
6th December 2008, 02:54 AM
possibly? i never really tried it.... i just had very low expectations since vista...

CA5
8th December 2008, 11:18 PM
So im sure the idea has popped up before about mario kart net play, But I was just wondering how hard this would actually be to do and if we will ever see it happen, would we just get to 4 players or 8? I know right now it's just a dream but I would be so stoked to be playing mario kart in math class at school against my class mates :p

Project64k (http://pj64k.emulation64.com/) :D

Mdkcheatz
8th December 2008, 11:28 PM
Project64k (http://pj64k.emulation64.com/) :D

aye, why didn't I think to post a link?!:D

CA5
11th December 2008, 07:44 PM
aye, why didn't I think to post a link?!:D

:D Rofl.

Have you ever been on PJ64k before? When it doesn't lag, it is plain awesome :cool:

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 07:10 AM
:D Rofl.

Have you ever been on PJ64k before? When it doesn't lag, it is plain awesome :cool:

aye lad, i have, not bad, but personally i prefer to mess with me local friends on the 1.6 version more... better (although discontinued) support!

CA5
12th December 2008, 09:00 PM
aye lad, i have, not bad, but personally i prefer to mess with me local friends on the 1.6 version more... better (although discontinued) support!

Omigosh, that's something I didn't know about! :D

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 10:36 PM
Omigosh, that's something I didn't know about! :D

yea use this link, also posted above, an follow instructions....

or alternatively, you can just plug in a bunch a controllers like i used to do, but only problame is is that it you dont have a really good pc, it seems to lag at 4 players. 3 players is okay but still had occasional lag, not nearly as much as four players though, but this was an old pc compares to laptop i have now...

CA5
12th December 2008, 11:32 PM
yea use this link, also posted above, an follow instructions....

or alternatively, you can just plug in a bunch a controllers like i used to do, but only problame is is that it you dont have a really good pc, it seems to lag at 4 players. 3 players is okay but still had occasional lag, not nearly as much as four players though, but this was an old pc compares to laptop i have now...

Ah! Thank you for the link kind sir! Now I really must be off to bed, and tomorrow, I might stop speaking in this daft fashion :D

Mdkcheatz
13th December 2008, 02:25 AM
rofl!!!:D:D:D:D

SCORPION7192
23rd July 2009, 03:32 PM
that would b so much fun if wee could play mario kart with other players around the world without leaving ur home good idea i never thought of that