PDA

View Full Version : What Pj64 needs to make it a 5 star emulator

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
30th August 2011, 08:04 PM
1. Emulation playback and avi recording and encoding.

2. A stable official netplay.

3. Mac support

4. Auto rom chksum fix.

Nothing to say no to. Mupen64 has a emulation playback and recording, Pj64k has netplay support, SixtyFour or w/e has mac support, Nemu64 has auto chksum fix. Example, edit something in extended rom memory of Mario64, unless you run it through chksum64 it will give you 2 issues on pj64 1.6

Natch
31st August 2011, 02:20 AM
I guess you'd better get started working on it then :) Thanks!

TheLegend
31st August 2011, 03:20 AM
Mac? Fuck it.

Windows only! (why not bootcamp)

the_randomizer
31st August 2011, 04:13 AM
1. Emulation playback and avi recording and encoding.

2. A stable official netplay.

3. Mac support

4. Auto rom chksum fix.

Nothing to say no to. Mupen64 has a emulation playback and recording, Pj64k has netplay support, SixtyFour or w/e has mac support, Nemu64 has auto chksum fix. Example, edit something in extended rom memory of Mario64, unless you run it through chksum64 it will give you 2 issues on pj64 1.6

Mupen64 - good emulator, bad GUI - Use FRAPs for video recording
Nemu64 -if you're still using this, you've got a problem.
1964 - Can't get a smooth framerate by adjusting the Counter Factor levels

PJ64 is still being beta tested. Either stop comparing or learn how to program and implement these features yourself. Why anyone would use MacOS strictly for emulators is beyond me.

Natch
31st August 2011, 05:10 AM
Why anyone would use MacOS at all is beyond me.

dsx_
31st August 2011, 08:29 AM
i like both :P

ExtremeDude2
31st August 2011, 12:29 PM
5. Overclocking :D

http://www.retrocopy.com/forumthread/414-1/1964-ultrafast---60fps-n64-emulator.aspx

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/52447-1964-quot-Ultrafast-quot-v2-released

squall_leonhart
31st August 2011, 08:15 PM
how many more times does this guy need to be told to piss off.

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
31st August 2011, 09:37 PM
Nemu64 -if you're still using this, you've got a problem.
1964 - Can't get a smooth framerate by adjusting the Counter Factor levels

PJ64 is still being beta tested. Either stop comparing or learn how to program and implement these features yourself. Why anyone would use MacOS strictly for emulators is beyond me.

I don't work with C++ / C coding. I do VB.net, C#, and I know perl and python scripting...

I asked these questions for in emulator recorder not because I can't record my emulator but it would be more noob friendly like Snes emulators.

People use Nemu64 for creating gameshark codes and testing rom hacks, but apparently you didn't know that.

Yawn. Squall is a Troll.

Natch
31st August 2011, 10:24 PM
You should probably learn C++, then, as that's a staple in coding. Heh, python ftw.

Not everything needs to be made so that even the dumbest person can use it. Computers, cars, even the simplest acts of showering and eating food are going this direction. Some things need to have some level of difficulty that insures that the human race does not become a population of inept monkeys.

Even if we did make it "noob proof", teh noobzors will always find something wrong. I guess if we keep PJ64 at an intellectual level, maybe the noobs will only find semi-noobish things wrong.

Anyway, we're not selling this, and we're not trying to make a profit on anything. If people want to use this, they need to learn how. Otherwise, it's their loss.

Yawn. Squall is right. stfu.

squall_leonhart
1st September 2011, 04:35 AM
People use Nemu64 for creating gameshark codes and testing rom hacks, but apparently you didn't know that.

I create them in pj64
but apparently you didn't know that.

Coz you're a cock.

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
1st September 2011, 09:27 AM
I create them in pj64
but apparently you didn't know that.

Coz you're a cock.

I never said you couldn't. IT's just if you try to run any type of rom hack modifying the rom you need to fix the chksum, with nemu64 it runs it without the errors like pj64 and mupen64 do.

HatCat
3rd September 2011, 09:53 PM
Auto-fix of the two CRC strings is sort of a matter of perspective. Project64 is more sensitive to bad or hacked ROM images than a lot of the other emulators not necessarily as a weakness or fault to properly loading games but as a promotion to signaling where a ROM dump is bad against the beginning end user's knowledge.

Like I said, the emulator is for entertaining a large audience or the power of "majority", which is why there will probably never be an auto-fix thing like that.

Mupen64 doesn't have a rasterization recorder, just stores vector data.

Whether you use FRAPS to record straight from the direct emulator as you're controlling it or a vector recording done by Mupen64 is irrelevant to the quality result, just that some people want to pre-record it with MUPEN before they waste time converting an imperfectly recorded video to something you can view online.

Jkhayworth
5th September 2011, 08:14 PM
not to be a an annoying sonofa@#$% but I really would like to see netplay b4 any other updates. Because project64 is already top of the line, and netplay would send it into orbit. DONT BURN ME FOR WISHFUL THINKING!!!!!!!:p

Natch
5th September 2011, 10:23 PM
Go ahead and ask Smasher if you can help; he's the one implementing this.

ExtremeDude2
5th September 2011, 11:57 PM
Go ahead and ask Smasher if you can help; he's the one implementing this.

:confused:

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
6th September 2011, 09:42 PM
:confused:

I redid hotquik's old version because at the time he didn't have the amount of resources as I have now plus server setups were entirely different back in 2003.

www.pj64k.tk is the site. Basically now I'm focused on making it as simple as possible along with make it look very nice and well made.

HatCat
7th September 2011, 07:41 PM
My ass.

HatCat
7th September 2011, 07:42 PM
NetPlay is already supported by over 4 N64 emulators at this point, so it's already easy enough to arrange anyway. People have different issues can use different setups.

The problem is that so many people value Project64 as the best emulator that they don't give a shit that NetPlay is already easy and want to see it added to another one anyway.

the_randomizer
7th September 2011, 11:02 PM
Well, at least PJ64 has a real built-in GUI........unlike the over-glorified Linux only Mupen64 Plus

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
7th September 2011, 11:05 PM
Well, at least PJ64 has a real built-in GUI........unlike the over-glorified Linux only Mupen64 Plus

http://unmotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/vader-fail1.jpg

the_randomizer
7th September 2011, 11:09 PM
So, you have have the balls to tell me that I fail? Did I miss the part when I was supposed to give a s**t?

SOD OFF

dsx_
7th September 2011, 11:37 PM
seconded.

1) mupen64plus doesnt have a gui (which is hilarious)
2) there is a windows version but its not updated as often as the linux builds

TheRealM
8th September 2011, 10:00 AM
I don't know who you are dsx, but you are just as ill informed.......
idiots.

dsx_
8th September 2011, 10:31 AM
ouch

well the news on the google code page hasnt been updated since last year so i thought development had slowed or something, didnt realise there was a nightly win32 build now, sorry

and if there is a gui for the windows version, i cant find it, could you point me in the direction of one instead of calling me an idiot?

the_randomizer
8th September 2011, 02:05 PM
I think there's a front-end called CuteMupen (I thnk), and there are some other ones, but I forgot their names.

dsx_
8th September 2011, 02:07 PM
yeah i know cutemupen but i thought maybe there was an official one

HatCat
8th September 2011, 09:19 PM
Well I don't remember NetPlay having been added to Mupen64Plus so not sure how that emulator got into the discussion, but when I use Mupen64 0.5.1 or 0.5 w/ NetPlay for Windows I like to just disable the GUI anyway XD (not all of it of course just the command line option to start a game without like 90% of the window GUI elements, since I don't really care for them granted the keyboard shortcuts I know).

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
9th September 2011, 01:53 AM
So, you have have the balls to tell me that I fail? Did I miss the part when I was supposed to give a s**t?

SOD OFF

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8VcL9c3OVog/TGdq7y1W4MI/AAAAAAAAASo/PXM2Gma2p_4/s1600/u+mad.jpg

Natch
9th September 2011, 02:11 AM
Actually that guy would say "have you become aggravated, good chap?"

Sod off.

the_randomizer
9th September 2011, 02:59 AM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/epic-fail-photos-juxtaposition-fail.jpg (More appropriate picture)

(Looks at forum title "project supporter" and then looks at =X= Smasherx74 =X='s non-project supporter title). Slow response much? Why the animosity/ Seriously, either stop trolling like a sod or GTFO. Don't piss in my mouth and call it lemonade. You lose! Good day, sir!

SwooshyCueb
9th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Why anyone would use MacOS at all is beyond me.

I have Mac OS 9.0.4 running in SheepShaver so I can play a few old-ass games, but that's it.

(Looks at forum title "project supporter" and then looks at =X= Smasherx74 =X='s non-project supporter title). Slow response much? Why the animosity/ Seriously, either stop trolling like a sod or GTFO. Don't piss in my mouth and call it lemonade. You lose! Good day, sir!
Don't feed the trolls.

HatCat
12th September 2011, 01:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/khbAO.jpg

You lose! Good day, sir!

http://i.imgur.com/m1Prx.jpg

no jk xD

the_randomizer
12th September 2011, 05:23 AM
This is what I say: FML

HatCat
19th September 2011, 01:35 AM