PDA

View Full Version : Make Master Quest Seperate

daaceking
4th September 2011, 09:26 AM
Hello,

OoT and MQ are read as the same rom in pj64 1.6. i would just like them to be separated so i can play OoT without it messing up MQ data and play MQ without it messing up OoT data. maybe that homescreen idea may make it possible.

thanks,

dsx_
4th September 2011, 11:22 AM
Hello,

OoT and MQ are read as the same rom in pj64 1.6. i would just like them to be separated so i can play OoT without it messing up MQ data and play MQ without it messing up OoT data. maybe that homescreen idea may make it possible.

thanks,

they arent read as the same rom, but they do have the same internal name which causes them to overwrite each other's save files. maybe you should have two installations of pj64, i dunno

squall_leonhart
4th September 2011, 02:15 PM
not all of the master quest roms have the same internal name
and its simple as pie to change it.

dsx_
4th September 2011, 02:28 PM
yeah, hex editor, right?

daaceking
4th September 2011, 02:46 PM
so how do i hex the pie?

HatCat
4th September 2011, 10:39 PM
In 1.7 save files of all types (SRAM, memory pak, save states, etc.) are no longer named after the game title as defined in the ROM header, so this will not be an issue in Project64 1.7.

If you really want keep using Project64 (version 1.6) and the same version of MQ though you can just Google some utility that will let you rename the "internal ROM name" for you.

Otherwise there are other emulators. I forget though IIRC NEMU uses the same convention as pj1.6. Mupen64 uses the same convention as pj1.7. 1964 uses the two CRC32 strings for naming the save file.