PDA

View Full Version : Config file folder selection

SwooshyCueb
13th September 2011, 03:17 PM
OK, the newer builds of 1.7 put the rdb file and everything in a subfolder in the PJ64 directory. Previous versions had the files in the PJ64 folder itself. For those using multiple builds working out of the same directory, this makes keeping the same versions of these files difficult. So, a good feature to have would be to be able to choose the folder where the config files are kept, just like you choose the place where saves are and such.

Yay/nay? Thoughts? It doesn't seem like something that would require a lot of work.

squall_leonhart
13th September 2011, 07:23 PM
or just stick to builds 50 and 51

SwooshyCueb
13th September 2011, 07:45 PM
Riiight, but this is a suggestion for the final version of 1.7.

squall_leonhart
14th September 2011, 12:11 AM
you don't wanna hear my suggestion.

HatCat
19th September 2011, 02:00 AM
Although I'm a terrible example of this for never doing it until the \CONFIG subdirectory was introduced, individual builds or releases of Project64 are best tested separately away from the installation of the other builds so as not to conflict with older files.

But it is easy to change the configuration system later of course yes.

=X= Smasherx74 =X=
22nd September 2011, 09:44 AM
He got this idea from me and henry. Project64k has config folder, and the easy set-up version comes with a data folder containing everything. You just load the emulator through the loader file which also fixes registry and auto sets directories.

SwooshyCueb
22nd September 2011, 12:47 PM
Easy setup version? I thought it was pretty simple to begin with.

HatCat
25th September 2011, 01:36 AM
Yeah, though since Jabo and zilmar were so against their emulator being repackaged in any modified form--with any files removed, changed or added--I guess it made sense that they wanted to store everything in the system registry to reduce the effectiveness of re-archiving the emulator.