PDA

View Full Version : Um can't post new thread in 1.7 Issues?

SlayaDud
26th September 2011, 07:23 PM
Is this on their end or something with my account? I haven't used this website in a year or so so I dunno. And while you answering that question I have one more. How do I get a game to run in widescreen when THE GAME ITSELF has the option? For instance Donkey Kong 64 has a widescreen option but it only squishes it in 4:3 so I have to overide aspect which causes graphical glitches. It seems like the emulator is fixed on 4:3 for some reason or it could be something I don't know. SO i don't want to overide aspect I want the game itself to display in widescreen because it has the option and shouldn't have graphical issues. How do I do that?

Natch
27th September 2011, 12:04 AM
May have something to do with the fact that you don't have the rights to 1.7

HatCat
27th September 2011, 03:48 PM
Actually, Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 has better support for dynamic resolutions than the 1.7 beta plugin.

And you don't have beta access to have legitimately gotten those beta files anyway, so that's why there isn't write permission to start a thread in the 1.7 issues forum.

SlayaDud
27th September 2011, 10:17 PM
Ok ill try the Direct3D8 1.6, and also I got Project 64 1.7 files from a friend. So maybe I should just donate then that would probably be better.

HatCat
27th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Well it probably would be better to use the stuff from 1.6 overall really. If you want to help the project though then you could donate; after all there are a few useful features and stuffs added to the beta files.

I think Glide64 will also do a good job of supporting in-game resolution switching as well.

Jabo's used to support it in 1.6 but during the 1.7.x versions somewhere accidentally removed it without knowing how in the change logs.

ExtremeDude2
28th September 2011, 05:48 PM
I think Glide64 will also do a good job of supporting in-game resolution switching as well.

http://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/issues/detail?id=262#c2

:D

HatCat
28th September 2011, 06:56 PM
Try Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 or Glide64 Wonder. I could have sworn there was an older version of Glide64 that didn't distort the resolution when using the memory expansion pak, hi-res graphics enhancement feature in the games.

Looks like both plugins ended up accidentally removing that support at some point.

Jennifer1691
6th November 2011, 07:14 PM
Is this on their end or something with my account? I haven't used this website in a year or so so I dunno. And while you answering that question I have one more. How do I get a game to run in widescreen when THE GAME ITSELF has the option? For instance Donkey Kong 64 has a widescreen option but it only squishes it in 4:3 so I have to overide aspect which causes graphical glitches. It seems like the emulator is fixed on 4:3 for some reason or it could be something I don't know. SO i don't want to overide aspect I want the game itself to display in widescreen because it has the option and shouldn't have graphical issues. How do I do that?

:( shy....

HatCat
7th November 2011, 12:39 AM

:confused: why....

dsx_
7th November 2011, 05:02 AM
how come no one has said to select the 'Stretch' option in jabo gfx

HatCat
7th November 2011, 07:50 AM
Well either that or recalculate the base screen resolution in the plugin tab for ROM settings or a slightly different full screen resolution that is still the same number of pixels wide. I don't know if there would still be some slight/major differences between those alternatives, but I figured they were much more worth mentioning to someone who came back to his own thread that wasn't about a version he didn't have legit access to. :D

dsx_
7th November 2011, 08:18 AM
well yeah i meant 16:9 windowed :P but yeah dead thread is dead

HatCat
8th November 2011, 04:17 AM
Not to mention, dang...never realized I didn't implement this quote in the magic squall ball program, but,

"redundant thread is redundant. and stupid."