PDA

View Full Version : when the official release of version 1.7 ??

chasseurdelaville
22nd November 2011, 12:06 PM
:pbut when the official release of version 1.7 because I was waiting for 3 years.
are there any plugin that could tronsoformer our HD Roms superior graphic quality with this release??:eek::eek:
thank you very much and live emulation.:D

TheLegend
22nd November 2011, 12:11 PM
It is in beta site where people can't access unless they are willing to lose $20.

Save $20 in your pocket and get the 1.6 instead.

ExtremeDude2
22nd November 2011, 01:14 PM
Iz want to donate $20 :(

Natch
22nd November 2011, 07:38 PM
but D:!

so :D!

chasseurdelaville
22nd November 2011, 11:26 PM
Project 64 emulator the best in the world.
In any case, if I could give money to the publisher I will give them more because he deserves emplement.;)
but I like to know the date of the official release because I am eager to see the final result of their hard work.
I hope it will come out a public version soon because I am unable to give them a small amount of money.:confused:

:pexcuse me for my bad english i am frensh:rolleyes:

TheLegend
23rd November 2011, 12:11 AM
Most Project 64 developers stopped working on it...

1.7 is still in beta page and might not be able to release to the public. One Pj64 developer stepped away from Pj64 team and released an updated 1.6 that have updated plugins and codes coming from Pj64 1.7.

That's why you'd better save $20 in your procket and get the updated 1.6 (which is released recently).

You could have used $20 toward ps3 controller :)

Ps3 controller on Pj64 is awesome!

Damned
23rd November 2011, 01:11 AM
The official release date is somewhere in the following range

11/22/2011 - Whenever life, time, space, and everything else ceases to exist.

Natch
23rd November 2011, 02:15 AM
lol

12/21/2012.

chasseurdelaville
23rd November 2011, 10:43 AM
thank you for the info the legend
I did a search on the emulator and I found this info not happy for me:
Patch 1.6.1 for Project64

Project64 version 1.7 is finally abandoned. The development team was disbanded. Jabo then distributes a patch to update version 1.6 with Project64 improvements and corrections on the plugins and so obtain the Project64 version 1.6.1

What is the best does not always end ... sniff
In any case I like to play Wii instead of PS3 or X-BOX.
I like the nintendo because of their great games zelda

ExtremeDude2
23rd November 2011, 01:53 PM
thank you for the info the legend
I did a search on the emulator and I found this info not happy for me:
Patch 1.6.1 for Project64

Project64 version 1.7 is finally abandoned. The development team was disbanded. Jabo then distributes a patch to update version 1.6 with Project64 improvements and corrections on the plugins and so obtain the Project64 version 1.6.1

WRONG, Jabo left but zilmar is still here somewhere :p

chasseurdelaville
23rd November 2011, 02:51 PM
WRONG, Jabo left but zilmar is still here somewhere :p

thanks i happy now

Natch
23rd November 2011, 08:55 PM
yeah, and iirc it's not just Jabo and Zilmar that are on the team. You've got Smiff as well and mebbe some others. I must say it has quieted down some but maybe they're still working on it in their spare time?

chasseurdelaville
24th November 2011, 05:16 PM
I hope that one day we will come out perfect the emulator that can play any games like the real console and What Makes not in HD.
I feel that this team will be happiness all lovers of the project 64

HatCat
25th November 2011, 02:39 AM
... sniff

oh hay I know that guy

ExtremeDude2
25th November 2011, 01:40 PM
oh hay I know that guy

:3 I think (/know you do :p) you mean smiff :3

HatCat
25th November 2011, 09:34 PM
Sniff? Yeah man, I've had some dealings with him. He's got all kinds of shit.

chasseurdelaville
26th November 2011, 12:16 AM
Sniff? Yeah man, I've had some dealings with him. He's got all kinds of shit.

please guys let me sniff the quiet she has nothing in it.
I want an extra graphics plugin if I give you mine

HatCat
26th November 2011, 05:47 AM
lmao, I'm going to pretend like I was able to read that

Smiff is really just Sniff's hip-hop alias, though.

[Smiff] The name Big Smiff, but you can call me Big Smiffy!
[zilmar] Why's that?
[Smiff] Cause I've been getting rather Sniffy! :rolleyes:

chasseurdelaville
26th November 2011, 03:46 PM
you know the rice video plugin there and quite in operation.
especially with the optional high-res

HatCat
1st December 2011, 06:47 AM
High-resolution texture loading is probably just about the only damn thing that's ever been touched with RiceVideo ever since Rice discontinued his plugin. I'm glad 1964 authors released 1964 Video without any texture replacement options (old build of RiceVideo anyway it looks like), because I'm tired of everyone focusing on nothing but the texture enhancements shit XD. mudlord did fix the OpenGL shit up though.

You want hi-res, play the god-damned new-gen consoles or PC versions of the games, cause N64 is not supposed to be hi-res anyway XD.

...Hm. I wonder if all this dumbass cussing is what made Gent so pissed off. My bad. :o

chasseurdelaville
21st December 2011, 12:54 AM
High-resolution texture loading is probably just about the only damn thing that's ever been touched with RiceVideo ever since Rice discontinued his plugin. I'm glad 1964 authors released 1964 Video without any texture replacement options (old build of RiceVideo anyway it looks like), because I'm tired of everyone focusing on nothing but the texture enhancements shit XD. mudlord did fix the OpenGL shit up though.

You want hi-res, play the god-damned new-gen consoles or PC versions of the games, cause N64 is not supposed to be hi-res anyway XD.

...Hm. I wonder if all this dumbass cussing is what made Gent so pissed off. My bad. :o

rice video is not bad in any case you can change almost everything in the graphics of the games.
In any case, it's fun and it gives lots of ideas.
In any case, I mean the texture HD I mean precisely the mode of smoothing and anti-stairs as the 1.6 even in high smoothing ca does not change much in the picture (in my eyes of course) I have a graphics card 1GB Nvidia 9400GT.
thank you for your sympathy Mephostophilis :)

squall_leonhart
26th December 2011, 11:17 AM
rice video is an underoptimised piece of crap.

ExtremeDude2
26th December 2011, 01:32 PM
Glide FTW!!1! :cool:

chasseurdelaville
30th December 2011, 08:28 PM
rice video is an underoptimised piece of crap.

really it is just great I tested an HD texture pack (so sell shedding) for zelda ocarina of time.
the results and sublime I'll recommend you try it and see for yourself

dsx_
30th December 2011, 11:03 PM
i think squall is talking from a programming point of view

chasseurdelaville
31st December 2011, 09:29 AM
i think squall is talking from a programming point of view

it is my opinion after having a try.
the new technology now allows us the graphics card to get into graphics even for the day console.
(Example: PS1 graphics better in PS2 because of the treatment rendered in the console:eek:

squall_leonhart
1st January 2012, 10:52 PM
oh, i see, you don't understand english.

xWolfx
12th January 2012, 07:35 PM
That post was funny to read lol, please use google translate if you aren't very fluent with the language

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/8/8a/Patrick_computer.jpg

Squalls face when he attempted to program^^

Natch
12th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Wolf's face when he attempted to

[IMG]http://img.techpowerup.org/090421/derp.jpg

xWolfx
13th January 2012, 06:46 PM
More like http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihi568VJ91qek863o1_500.gif
as it was throwing me a #2035 error at the time.

Natch
13th January 2012, 09:33 PM
lulz, it prolly was.

Obelent
28th February 2012, 03:30 AM
This went from interesting to constipation! LOL

Natch
28th February 2012, 06:07 AM
inb4 this is a mix of blueeyedgirl and Iconoclast

ExtremeDude2
28th February 2012, 08:43 PM
orly ?

et500
26th November 2012, 02:19 PM
The problem with Rice video is that it is buggy, unstable and has a lot of compatibility issues and glitches where (my)glide64 and jabo 1.6.1 / 1.7 are nearly perfect and provide much better and more compatible graphics (sky in PD/GE for example).

The problem with Jabo is that it is closed source and does not support rice texture pack format and the problem with glide is that it is dead and the developer of myglide64 wants to integrate it into his emulator so that it may become impossible to use with Project64.

Anyway, it would be great to see an updated 1.7 beta bundle with all current plugin versions / cht rdb rdx files integrated into one single installation file or archive, since it takes hours to collect them all one by one manually.

HatCat
26th November 2012, 09:38 PM
inb4 this is a mix of blueeyedgirl and Iconoclast

What the hell kid?

If anybody, you're the one who was hitting on her, Church brat.

I didn't even come back to this attention-seeking board by request.

Every single regular left on this forum seems to feel less inferior based on how many people are still left. :D Wasn't my request to start posting here again.

The problem with Rice video is that it is buggy, unstable and has a lot of compatibility issues and glitches where (my)glide64 and jabo 1.6.1 / 1.7 are nearly perfect and provide much better and more compatible graphics (sky in PD/GE for example).

The problem with Glide64 is that too many people make assumptions off of it about the actual N64, when it is a highly unorthodox plugin.

Rice does support the sky in GE, but only using a hack.

The actual microcode support has nothing to do with graphics emulation, only simulation of the reversed-microcodes. So the problem was lack of information, not instability. Glide64 put a ton of work into the accuracy a simulator can have, just not an emulator.

The problem with Jabo is that it is closed source and does not support rice texture pack format and the problem with glide is that it is dead and the developer of myglide64 wants to integrate it into his emulator so that it may become impossible to use with Project64.

All of those sound positive and beneficial to me :D, but I'll respect your own opinion.

On a side note, I'm not really a fan of closed-source myself; it just depends on the "scene" and the crowd to me, so to speak. Although basically every single thing I have ever published is open-source.

Glide64 was very respectable and I liked it, just not some of the idiots drooling over it; I won't assume you're one of them.

Anyway, it would be great to see an updated 1.7 beta bundle with all current plugin versions / cht rdb rdx files integrated into one single installation file or archive, since it takes hours to collect them all one by one manually.

I saw your thread; it is easy to get all the latest official versions. It is problematic to search the Internet for all the unofficial, independent work and improvements someone did. It's also not reliable to use unofficial "upgrades" just because a crowd of people are recommending it due to the higher version number, because in cases this has proven to return less quality.

et500
26th November 2012, 11:29 PM
it is easy to get all the latest official versions.

I do not think it is easy since you need to download around 10 different official packages and updates and compare file versions to get them all together. And even then I found myself missing the latest Jabo 1.7 audio plug-in. To get a single download which is updated at least once a year would save a lot of effort, especially for new users.

The project may seem to be dead to may people but with some minor updates or recollections it would be very easy to bring back life and attention.

HatCat
27th November 2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah you shouldn't try to get all the latest versions of individual components, by downloading entire packages actually.

It's much more reliable to use the "View All Files" link, and then filter by component (gfx plugin, audio plugin, RDB file, core EXE etc.) to show the latest version of each.

The project may seem to be dead to may people but with some minor updates or recollections it would be very easy to bring back life and attention.

Well, it ain't my project. I just post here for fun.
Maybe he likes wanting things to seem dead to the majority public to increase the element of surprise? IDK. Minor contributions is in the power of anybody here using the emulator, though, so they aren't all zilmar's responsibility. Anybody can help out like in the ways you're suggesting.

ExtremeDude2
27th November 2012, 10:39 PM
so they aren't all zilmar's responsibility.

*looks at name*

lol wut

HatCat
27th November 2012, 10:43 PM
lol, go away n00b

And now we return to this night's episode of.

ON-TOPIC@!!!111!! lolololz

rpetet
16th January 2013, 08:12 PM
Quit hogging the code :mad: It has been three years now! From your own

How do I download Project64 version 1.7? page

What this means to you:
So the bad news is that the next version of PJ64 will not be completely finished - so it won't be publicly released - for a long time. The current target (as of late 2008) is for the final release to be approximately early to mid 2010.

Ha! what a joke! Rich getting richer! Milking all of us gamers for all we are worth.:eek:

Oh and by the way, you are going to release it publicly aren't you? If not, this is false advertizing:
When it is released publicly, it will most likely be our last release, and of course we want to make it as good as we possibly can.

squall_leonhart
16th January 2013, 08:19 PM
What part of The current target means WILL BE RELEASED *****.

The original target for windows vista was 2003, guess what ****........

rpetet
16th January 2013, 11:30 PM
ohhh, so this justifies no updates on the website? or are you just going to leave us hanging?

By the way why not release v1.7 as v2.0 already exists? oops did i mention something i shouldn't have?

HatCat
16th January 2013, 11:31 PM
The last news update I remember zilmar doing was:

Win a free PS3. :)

And it's no thanks to my loud-mouth observative skills that he consequently deleted his own thread. :D

Um, also, squall has nothing to do with it.
He's just, well, defending other people.

rpetet
17th January 2013, 02:38 AM
:) :lol: ok my message is too short. Is this better?:p

rpetet
17th January 2013, 03:10 AM
Here is your quote from the Can I donate less or more than $20 USD? page

We would prefer to allow people to donate any amount they feel is appropriate, but unfortunately this is not technically possible with the payment service we currently use. Therefore we have picked what we hope is a reasonable figure for most people. Although we realise it won't be ideal for everyone and apologise for this.

Extra donations (multiples of the original amount) should be possible for users who wish to donate more, and this is always much appreciated!

(PayPal is geared more towards donations but PayMate is made more for purchases - even though PJ64 accounts upgrade is not a purchase we've had to work with it as best we can; please see other questions for explanation of why we no longer use PayPal).

but when i click on the big orange button lo and behold isn't it a paypal page? as seen by my screen capture:

I use Paypal for my donations and guess what? I can allow people to donate any amount they want. ooohhh, technicalitys

dsx_
17th January 2013, 04:36 PM
yeah those donation FAQs haven't been updated in like 10 years

rpetet
18th January 2013, 08:43 PM
hmmm, seems like the trolls are looking for links so here is a link without the url tags ;)

try this for an interesting discussion!:p

tinyurl.com/ad2sxo6

mudlord_
18th January 2013, 10:16 PM
lol oldversion.

rpetet
19th January 2013, 12:14 AM
but better than v1.6 that is out there for the public ;) so relating to the thread v1.7 exists somewhat publicly

mudlord_
19th January 2013, 12:28 AM
no its not you fucking troll.

rpetet
19th January 2013, 01:41 AM
oooh such language. My virgin ears ouch

mudlord_
19th January 2013, 01:57 AM
point remains, old version, which is rofl.:D

rpetet
19th January 2013, 06:02 AM
Maybe to you this is an old version, but to the rest of us this file is new. By the way what version are you running? Just curious, as I'm sure the other "public" down loaders would like to know how far you have really gotten. Maybe they can start a petition to get ver 1.8 publicly released. Yes people it is up to v2.2, but yet the developers have not released the v1.7 beta for public consumption . Why? Because the more money you donate the longer it will take to release. As quoted by one of the original developers Jabo at jabosoft.com

At the same time, I felt it would be irresponsible to the legacy of the project to keep important bug fixes in the beta permanently; the donations seem to go into a black hole now anyway.

squall_leonhart
19th January 2013, 08:34 AM
better how?

less games run properly under 1.7

mudlord_
19th January 2013, 10:47 AM
they just think bigger version numbers is better.

rpetet
19th January 2013, 05:35 PM
More excuses that less games run in v1.7, Really! is that why you have been testing for oh 5 years after its release? Well, maybe you could enlighten us on how crappy the v1.7 is and why we should donate to such a crappy version :rolleyes:

like even jabo said

the donations seem to go into a black hole now anyway.

HatCat
19th January 2013, 08:04 PM
x^2 + bx + c == [x + sqrt(c)]^2
x^2 + bx + c == [x + sqrt(c)][x + sqrt(c)]
x^2 + bx + c == x^2 + 2x*sqrt(c) + c
bx == 2x*sqrt(c)
if (x == 0)
/**/Domain for the quadratic trinomial is f(x) == ax^2 + bx + c, or just c.
else {
b == 2*sqrt(c)
2*sqrt(c) == b
4c == b^2
c = (b^2):4

ax^2 + bx + c == 0
ax^2 + bx == -c
a != 0;
x^2 + (b:a)x == -c:a
x^2 + (b:a)x + (b^2):(4a^2) == (b^2):(4a^2) - c:a
(x + b:2a)^2 == (b^2 - 4ac):(4a^2)

Natch
19th January 2013, 08:32 PM
More excuses that less games run in v1.7, Really! is that why you have been testing for oh 5 years after its release?

Yes, actually. Something with that many bugs needs that much testing.

I think that this guy thinks himself a vigilante of the emulator world.