PDA

View Full Version : Real N64 VS. Project 64

Mikonokia
6th December 2008, 11:21 AM
who is the best the real nintendo 64 or project64 withought counting the cheats:D

zilmar
6th December 2008, 12:15 PM
who is the best the real nintendo 64 or project64 withought counting the cheats:D

Project64, higher res gfx, instant save and restore, built in cheats.

Mikonokia
6th December 2008, 12:49 PM
So the best is the emulator project 64...A stupid question can i or someone else put codes on the real nintendo 64?

HatCat
6th December 2008, 06:09 PM
Loaded ROM on copy to execution may be written to by an external device.
GameShark [Pro] is a common device. Here specifically it will attach to another game and write values to specified addresses. Through Project64 this concept is emulated even though a hack can be done manually by directly editing the memory image.

Thunder
30th December 2008, 08:26 PM
project64 wins in graphics and maybe sound, but its better in compability and can use the transfer pak the real n64.
and those cheats maybe come from the original n64 games.

squall_leonhart
31st December 2008, 05:42 AM
The transferpak works on Project64... some people just don't know how to rtfm.

wildgoosespeeder
31st December 2008, 07:00 PM
Project64, higher res gfx, instant save and restore, built in cheats.

Project64 isn't compatible with all N64 ROMs. Some won't play. N64 is compatible with all the cartridges. There are some graphical errors in Project64 with some of the games. No 64DD support. The list can go on and on so I guess there are some pros and cons for both N64 and Project64.

Mikonokia
31st December 2008, 09:34 PM
Welli bought a N64 four mounths ago ia have Zela OoT ad MM bu the question is what is a transferpak?

wildgoosespeeder
31st December 2008, 10:02 PM
The Transfer Pak allows you to connect Game Boy and Game Boy Color games to the N64 using the memory card slot in the back of the controller. I only know of two N64 games that utilize the transfer pack and they are Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow are used with Pokémon Stadium. Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Gold, Pokémon Silver, and Pokémon Crystal are used with Pokémon Stadium 2.

Transfer Pak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_Pak)