PDA

View Full Version : Problem project64 1.7 castlevania

NickMat
7th December 2008, 02:30 PM
Hello there , im new to this community and thats because so far i could find a asnwer about my problems with the emulator. but now i did not.

So i got project64 1.7.0.49 ,i got it because i wanted to see if it fixes yoshi story because i love it, and it does. yey :D

but my problem is that, when i play castlevania 1, or 2 whenever i fight monsters , or when they are near my fPS got low (15-30) and it makes it crappy to play, as far as i remember it was ok with 1,6 ...

could it be rom problem? but both roms?

any option to fix that on emulator? or what :(

Smiff_
7th December 2008, 03:17 PM
this'll be rom settings.. can't remember exactly what Castlevania likes, try disabling TLB Unmapping. make sure Protect Memory is enabled.

This may not be optimal, someone else may know the best settings.

HatCat
7th December 2008, 05:53 PM
If you roll back to build 47 it should play faster. zilmar is still looking into reversing some effects of the recompiler stability investigations.

In the beta downloads page
View All Files
Project64 Binary 1.7.0.47

Noteably some of the alpha RSP changes affect this...very unstable with the b49 beta.

Smiff_
7th December 2008, 06:05 PM
Castlevania appears to run ok for me with current builds, but that could be because i have a decent PC or because i'm not fighting stuff.. if anyone has state in good area for slowdown please attach.

HatCat
7th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Slowdown is basically in areas with geometry. It could be in the prophetic intro scene of the original CV64 where you see the castle and lightning striking, intro to boss fights, and most annoying of all the Renon boss when he shoots fish at you. It slows the speed down like hell, and I just want to skip the whole battle so I can test something in the ending or create a cheat.

Attachment. Attachment updated.
Please load this A64 file with N-Rage's plugin by importing the encoded data into the controller pak file. When selecting a file with the game running choose Cornell's main quest. Walk up the stairway near him when the game loads, and exit through the modified clock face platform. Climb the stairs up to meet Renon in the first small chamber.

It was so irritating I reverted back to the public 1.6 version for everything except creating cheat codes.

Smiff_
7th December 2008, 06:46 PM
invalid attachment, probably doenst like the double extension.. i'll add .a64 to allowed list
edit: ok works now thanks
edit2: but i dont know what to do with it.. a pj mempack or state please?
edit3: ok got it to work after updating nrage - in future, only pj format saves please we dont want to have to use 3rd party plugins to test things (unless its actually not possible to test them without!)

ok.. Castlevania2 that area seems to run fine for me, about 30% idle on this system, nice and smooth
these settings:

HatCat
7th December 2008, 07:20 PM
Revert to the 10a beta release package like what this user probably has. Somewhere among those alphas this problem was fixed.

N-Rage's plugin is not third-party if zilmar supplied version 1.82.

Smiff_
7th December 2008, 08:19 PM
yeah (if that's correct) sorry NickMat, you can either ask us to join the alpha team or wait please until next beta package (should be only approx 1-2 weeks? i hope)
any Qs please ask

edit: but if you're new to PJ64 beta it's better that you wait because testing alpha versions is complicated! hope you understand.

if you play with the settings you may be able to improve performance still with b49, i'm not sure.. it's difficult to track lots of different versions.

squall_leonhart
7th December 2008, 10:26 PM
im gunna get onto rabiddiety and see whats kept him from nrage v2.1.

Smiff_
8th December 2008, 01:51 PM
ok thanks, this is OT but Squall FYI N-rage's input plugin is 3rd party to PJ64.

1st party = written by jabo or zilmar
3rd party = written by anyone else
n-rage's is 3rd party bundled with PJ64.

Why is this important? we don't develop or support n-rage's, its nothing personal against it (the fact that we bundled it shows that we appreciate it..) 2nd thing is generally jabo and zilmar only use their own plugins during testing.
whether we'll want to bundle newer n-rage version with next PJ version i don't know.. probably depends what Jabo does with his input plugin and what the author of that plugin wants.

HatCat
9th December 2008, 12:05 AM
If he rolls back to Project64.exe b47 this issue should be fixed...it's just the recompiler stability investigations. I thought this was well known by now--in that in build 48 it was extreme in the stability of about half the games. Some of this still needs to be undone.

CA5
11th December 2008, 07:47 PM
Hello there , im new to this community and thats because so far i could find a asnwer about my problems with the emulator. but now i did not.

So i got project64 1.7.0.49 ,i got it because i wanted to see if it fixes yoshi story because i love it, and it does. yey :D

but my problem is that, when i play castlevania 1, or 2 whenever i fight monsters , or when they are near my fPS got low (15-30) and it makes it crappy to play, as far as i remember it was ok with 1,6 ...

could it be rom problem? but both roms?

any option to fix that on emulator? or what :(

Well I can't suggest anything about 1.7, but I can confirm both Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania work fine on 1.6.

NickMat
12th December 2008, 08:54 PM
Well I can't suggest anything about 1.7, but I can confirm both Legacy of Darkness and Castlevania work fine on 1.6.

i know it does, but yoshi story doesnt, i want both to be playable not have 2 programs for 2games:P

Mdkcheatz
13th December 2008, 02:23 AM
i know it does, but yoshi story doesnt, i want both to be playable not have 2 programs for 2games:P

yoshis's story does, I was having the same problem where i thought it was an unplayable game too, but i was proved wrong as i was given a copy that actually worked... but that just from my end, God knows why it doesnt work for you!