PDA

View Full Version : Video Plug-ins

Dj7291993
8th December 2008, 03:27 AM
I was wondering what I do about the "Needs Video Plug-In" message. I've been wanting to play star wars 1 battle for naboo and rouge squadron, but can't. Please help!

HatCat
8th December 2008, 03:42 AM
This is a description of the game's compatibility. It means that Project64 does not feature an RDP that will support those games.

Even in general there is still no plug-in that will support these games to satiable playability. There are desperate options that will at least boot those games if you want to learn about those, but I don't think you'll have much fun.

Dj7291993
8th December 2008, 03:54 AM
This is a description of the game's compatibility. It means that Project64 does not feature an RDP that will support those games.

Even in general there is still no plug-in that will support these games to satiable playability. There are desperate options that will at least boot those games if you want to learn about those, but I don't think you'll have much fun.

Well, if it would let me actually play the game, that would make me happy. If it won't let me play, then I don't really care about it. I do know my way around a computer, but I'm not an expert.

HatCat
8th December 2008, 03:59 AM
To satisfy you with an idea on what Project64 may succeed in a next public release I have attached Nemu64--which may show the experimentalism involved.

Use Nemu64 to play Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.
Attachment.

Dj7291993
8th December 2008, 04:13 AM
What do I open the file with?

squall_leonhart
8th December 2008, 09:20 AM
1.7 works nicely for rogue squadron, all you need do is enable interpretor till you get to the main menu, with LLE graphics using Z64 plugin.

Smiff_
8th December 2008, 10:30 AM
1.7 works nicely for rogue squadron, all you need do is enable interpretor till you get to the main menu, with LLE graphics using Z64 plugin.

R4k interpreter? (there's a core problem near boot?)

HatCat
9th December 2008, 12:15 AM
7Z files are storage compression archives. You can try 7-zip.org.

Perhaps he means Battle for Naboo...which needed the RSP interpreter core. Rogue Squadron can do without, and ziggy's plugin is an obvious option: But for speed I direct him to Lemmy's Direct3D8 RDP.

squall_leonhart
9th December 2008, 02:38 AM
R4k interpreter? (there's a core problem near boot?)

There used to be a crash before the menu showed up, I;ll see if its still present now.

you need to use Jabo's plugin in LLE to view the menu, but once thats up switch to Z64 for better graphics (and speed)

Edit

Nope, Recompiler works to reach the menu now, thats great!

Kaigon
17th January 2009, 06:32 PM
Ive been having a similar problem. When i try to run anything it simply shows me the error message and goes to a page where theres three tabs as if it wants me to choose settings. but if you try and open the tab menu theres nothing =/

TyberZannxxxx
24th May 2009, 02:48 AM
It works with Jabo's plugin, but the menus are zoomed in and mostly invisible.

gtmaster08
21st August 2009, 04:39 PM
Um, hello there. I'm new to this website's forum, and I needed some help with my NFL Blitz roms. The thing is, the game works just fine EXCEPT that there's some things missing. Namely, the yard lines are missing and every time I play in snowy or foggy weather it's like the sidelines and where the NFL logo is gives a weird trailing effect. Can someone please help me with this? Oh, and I am using version 1.5 since my 1.6 won't let me save my games.

HatCat
21st August 2009, 08:37 PM
Project64 1.5 uses the Direct3D6 plug-in.
If you want to use Project64 1.5, take Jabo_Direct3D8.dll from "Project64 1.6\Plugin" to "Project64 1.5\Plugin".

Switch plug-ins through Options/Settings....

Why can't you save through 1.6?

gtmaster08
22nd August 2009, 03:23 AM
2 things:

1. I tried the plugin and it STILL got the same results!

2. It mentioned something about "failed to load mempak"

HatCat
22nd August 2009, 03:57 AM
First the second issue, controller pak file is in use by another process.
Close all processes accessing memory pak.

If you're not sure, restart your machine.

If this isn't enough for you tell again if it still happens.

gtmaster08
22nd August 2009, 04:28 AM
Nope, STILL won't load. And as for the plugin, before I used to use this plugin called "wonder++" and it worked like a charm! But for some reason, the emulators won't take it now!

HatCat
22nd August 2009, 09:12 PM
Check file access privileges.