PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Button controller mapping?

Mdkcheatz
8th December 2008, 06:42 AM
Hey, i was discussing a matter with my friends and it came to me that Project 64 only allows one button mapped per N64 controller mapped buttons. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to allow an advanced option to be able to configure multile controller buttons for the same N64 button, allowing you to, for example, have the Z-Button located in multiple places of your PC controller, or dual analogue for a more modern style gameplay....

What do you think?

Smiff_
8th December 2008, 10:22 AM
have talked about this before. main problem is the gui redesign, which we don't want to complicate. its a maybe, if someone can come up with an exremely, non- confusing design.

Mdkcheatz
8th December 2008, 02:26 PM
its a maybe, if someone can come up with an exremely, non- confusing design.

Seems like a job for Iconoclast, lol.

HatCat
9th December 2008, 12:01 AM
Rather than extending the GUI necessarily since only the input needs to be extended (but not all the time importantly) first reasonable approach that comes to my mind is:

Please press buttons to assign.
Will set configuration when all buttons are released.

Of course we only have 10 fingers, but that's manageable I think?

Mdkcheatz
9th December 2008, 12:47 AM
[Bullhttp://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/edoom/cussing.gif=Iconocrazy;4773]
Please press buttons to assign.
Will set configuration when all buttons are released.

Of course we only have 10 fingers, but that's manageable I think?[/quote]

We'll just have to grow extra fingers I guess, or if worse comes to worse I'll just use my toes...

what about those controllers with malfunctioned buttons?
or those with too many in all the odd places?
where did my brain go?

http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm3d/3dbiggrin3.gif

HatCat
9th December 2008, 12:52 AM
It could be accurate to say hold this key and press all the buttons you want to assign (although excessive in many simple cases) about as much as it could be accurate to give the user the feel of actually pressing the buttons.

For example logically if you're going to assign 'M' and 'N' to the Z button you should be able to pass the test by actually holding them down simultaneously?

But extending the GUI isn't professional in this case--just because it isn't required.

Mdkcheatz
9th December 2008, 01:46 AM
But extending the GUI isn't professional in this case--just because it isn't required.

My apologies, it seem i misunderstood what you were trying to say...:rolleyes:... that would be an okay idea, but I wudnt say that extending the GUI is "not professional," it's probably actually a usefull feature....eg dual analogue;)

Smiff_
9th December 2008, 10:40 AM
i don't see anything obviously wrong with iconoclast's suggestion (only thing needed would be a wider label).. unless you wanted to be able to set button combinations aswell?

squall_leonhart
10th December 2008, 07:16 AM
It would be possible to map multiple system/controller buttons to one N64 button, VBA-M for example.

Smiff_
10th December 2008, 10:13 AM
It would be possible to map multiple system/controller buttons to one N64 button, VBA-M for example.

we know its possible heh.. er do you want to post a screenshot of that emulator then?

squall_leonhart
10th December 2008, 01:38 PM
Heres how we do it.

tal93
10th December 2008, 05:08 PM
Heres how we do it.

Thats cool. is there a plugun that has button combinations aswell?

Mdkcheatz
11th December 2008, 05:06 AM
Right Kthx!

this get a move on now, jk....

toastboy27
15th November 2013, 03:03 PM
you simply have to use nrages controller plugin and then you go to modifers then you map yo buttons done:)