PDA

View Full Version : Windows 98P

Mikonokia
8th December 2008, 12:56 PM
Since it open discussion i hope you dont mind giving me an information can install windows 98 on my windows XP so i can boot both?

In my school they have windows Xp Professional and windows Vista..

Smiff_
8th December 2008, 12:58 PM
i would not advise installing win98 .. too many stability issues and we don't support it any more.
most efficient supported OS is WinXP*

*possibly Win2k, but i'm not sure what the driver/directx situation is with that, anyone know how PJ is on Win2k now?

Mikonokia
8th December 2008, 01:05 PM
well i would like to install win98 because my XP is very slow on booting the device whtas OS?(operating system)?

squall_leonhart
9th December 2008, 02:35 AM
XP gets like that, get a high quality Defrag app like Perfect disk and run both the Offline and online defrags, Slipstreaming XP SP3 to a cd and then running a repair install will also speed your boot times up,.

Mdkcheatz
9th December 2008, 04:01 AM
XP gets like that, get a high quality Defrag app like Perfect disk and run both the Offline and online defrags, Slipstreaming XP SP3 to a cd and then running a repair install will also speed your boot times up,.

what he said....

personally i like linux XD and windows XPbut well see...:D

snake
11th December 2008, 11:50 AM
Since it open discussion i hope you dont mind giving me an information can install windows 98 on my windows XP so i can boot both?

In my school they have windows Xp Professional and windows Vista..

Read this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

Mikonokia
11th December 2008, 02:32 PM
so i will install windows 2000