PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Getter Love!! faceless emulation glitch

McKnight
21st August 2012, 10:28 PM
There is this Japanese game called Getter Love!!, which when run on emulators, is missing the characters' mouths and eyes for most facial expressions. I do own a physical copy of the game, on which this doesn't happen, but I would like to be able to play the ROM version without this problem if a translation patch ever does get released on ROMhacking.net.

ExtremeDude2
22nd August 2012, 01:08 AM
Plugin ?

McKnight
23rd August 2012, 11:03 AM
Plugin ?

Don't know of any that exist. Besides, I've seen screenshots for Xe, and even though that project is pretty much dead now, it apparently was able to overcome the issue.

ExtremeDude2
23rd August 2012, 01:50 PM
Have you tried Glide 64?

wildgoosespeeder
23rd August 2012, 04:24 PM
Have you tried Glide 64?

When in doubt, Glide64. :p

Natch
23rd August 2012, 09:01 PM
no guis rice is betr

McKnight
24th August 2012, 12:21 AM
Will try that once I get around to it, sure. If that doesn't work, I'll make it known.

Still, given that not everyone knows about it, even among those who've played the game, it would be for the better if there was an emulator that *just* fixes it. I was told before on a different forum that the glitch in question is the result of incomplete emulation, not with the ROM.

ExtremeDude2
24th August 2012, 01:17 AM
no guis rice is betr

Trollolololol

Natch
24th August 2012, 10:28 PM
Well Knight, it's never the rom's fault, assuming you have nothing but good clean dumps. The good clean dumped rom is nothing but the code ripped from the cart, so it's pretty much the exact same thing. It's all about how well the emulator can read that code and play it on a computer, kinda like how Wii's read their discs backwards.