PDA

View Full Version : Editing?

CA5
9th December 2008, 04:38 PM
A strange thread, I know, but I was wondering if the appearence (as in 'skin') of PJ is freely editable, like no copyright laws etc.?

I was thinking of having a mess around with it, as i'm good with graphics, and i'd quite like to edit something like this :D

Thanks,

Shards.

Mdkcheatz
10th December 2008, 11:41 AM
Only the version 1.4 is free to edit, even the code, but only through the source code, if you want to edit the current version that won't be possible, that mean zilmar will have to release the source code for that, honestly you'd be wasting your time I think, because editing the source to change it's appearance is a little more complicated than just modifyinng or adding graphics, recompiling it back into a working executable can be challanging if your not an expert in C programming...:)

CA5
10th December 2008, 09:40 PM
Only the version 1.4 is free to edit, even the code, but only through the source code, if you want to edit the current version that won't be possible, that mean zilmar will have to release the source code for that, honestly you'd be wasting your time I think, because editing the source to change it's appearance is a little more complicated than just modifyinng or adding graphics, recompiling it back into a working executable can be challanging if your not an expert in C programming...:)

Thanks anyway, I guess it was worth an ask, eh?

"If you don't ask, you don't get!" :)

Mikonokia
11th December 2008, 02:35 PM
But you can always try it yourself to see

CA5
11th December 2008, 07:38 PM
But you can always try it yourself to see

Nah, I just thought it would be a good starting point :) I'd like to learn this kind of stuff, as i'm really only good for web design and graphics :)

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 11:50 AM
you could alway do what i did with the boxart rom loader by making a front end to the pj64....

perhap you would like to join in with me and supply some graphics for my boxart rom loader?

CA5
12th December 2008, 07:50 PM
you could alway do what i did with the boxart rom loader by making a front end to the pj64....

perhap you would like to join in with me and supply some graphics for my boxart rom loader?

Well of course if you want me to I could make you some graphics. Graphics make the world go around! It's a shame this forum don't give permissions for us to have a bit more sig space, that'd be great.

P.S: Check your latest PM, I've asked you something ;) :)

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 08:17 PM
I sent you a PM back ;)

CA5
12th December 2008, 08:58 PM
I sent you a PM back ;)

Thanks ol' buddy ol' pal :)