PDA

View Full Version : Box Loader (the cat is out of the bag)

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 07:05 AM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/zyndeespeedy/Boxartloader.jpg?t=1229065305

Here the cat is out of the bag!!!! This is what ive been working on... and surprisingly its actually works, hehe. feel free to comment, suggest, ask, threat...

*disappears*
-scared of threats-

(Oh and ive decided to post this only because it appears that since i was away over the past day, there have been a lot of comotion in my other thread, haha *looks over at Zilmar and Smiff* but im not meantioning any names here!!!):)

[EDIT: i forgot to meantion that this is only the first version of the prototype ive been working on]

Should I add a walkthrough?

Button combination cheats (Gent what do you think?)?

Anything else?

Waffles anybody?

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 07:11 AM
I will post more images as it progresses!:)

CA5
12th December 2008, 07:47 AM
Looking good :D

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 09:12 AM
haha thx! It looks even better now that i have more games!:D (pic will be posted soon)

I was just thinking of posting screenshots, maybe having hidden text boxes to separate the segments and adding little bitesizes screenies....?

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 10:04 AM
update; in order for the roms to load, they need to be associated with Project 64, im going to work on getting registry files to attach to import that directly into the registry (although it seems simple enough to just go into properties, some people would rather just double click the registry input...

walkabout
12th December 2008, 10:17 AM
Looks very good in deed, congrats. Perhaps in view of the n00b user you might include the known configurations and hints for PJ64 that are usually on the RDBs. At least that's my suggestion.

Congrats.

Smiff_
12th December 2008, 10:37 AM
update; in order for the roms to load, they need to be associated with Project 64, im going to work on getting registry files to attach to import that directly into the registry (although it seems simple enough to just go into properties, some people would rather just double click the registry input...

sorry about hijacking your other thread.. still, why use the file association, why not use the command line support? just get path to PJ64 then Project64.exe "...rompath\filename"
this will be more reliable and doesn't change the user's registry.

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 11:00 AM
oh the command line, hah, ill try that! thanx!

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 11:04 AM
Looks very good in deed, congrats. Perhaps in view of the n00b user you might include the known configurations and hints for PJ64 that are usually on the RDBs. At least that's my suggestion.

Congrats.

I can add them, they may be a last option added in though, seeing as it already exists in the Project 64 emu. anyway do other people like this idea?

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 12:38 PM
by the way, thanks for all the compliments i got!

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 08:52 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/zyndeespeedy/boxartsplashscreen.jpg

Here is the splash screen i made and added a while ago!

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 08:54 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/zyndeespeedy/newpicboxartmariokartgoldeneye.jpg

Just wanted you to see what it looked like with more games! pplease comment!

CA5
12th December 2008, 08:54 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/zyndeespeedy/boxartsplashscreen.jpg

Here is the splash screen i made and added a while ago!

That's a nice splash-screen. Heh, you've really been working on this despite only announcing it a day or so ago :)

CA5
12th December 2008, 08:55 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll262/zyndeespeedy/newpicboxartmariokartgoldeneye.jpg

Just wanted you to see what it looked like with more games! pplease comment!

Very interesting scrolly idea. Man, i've got plans for this, even though i'm not the one coding it.

Looks great so far, very impressive :) Well done :)

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the approval lol.

The mario 64 font is courtesy of Iconoclast who supplied me with the whole alphabet font ripped from the game itself using that food product plugin called rice...:cool:

CA5
12th December 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the approval lol.

The mario 64 font is courtesy of Iconoclast who supplied me with the whole alphabet font ripped from the game itself using that food product plugin called rice...:cool:

Rofl, loving it mate, loving it :)

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 10:12 PM
Rofl, loving it mate, loving it :)

how are you loving that proto i send you?

CA5
12th December 2008, 10:46 PM
how are you loving that proto i send you?

Loving the looks of it, but as you know by PM, struggling to get it to locate roms :D

I'm gonna hit the hay in 5 minutes or so, it's been a long day :D

Mdkcheatz
12th December 2008, 10:50 PM
Loving the looks of it, but as you know by PM, struggling to get it to locate roms :D

I'm gonna hit the hay in 5 minutes or so, it's been a long day :D

yea im changing the way it seeks roms, gonna stick to Smiffy's idea, probably better!

CA5
12th December 2008, 11:28 PM
yea im changing the way it seeks roms, gonna stick to Smiffy's idea, probably better!

Yes yes, good stuff ol' chap.

One quick pointer - In order to get that Sm64 font to display, all users of the program must have it installed... at least I presume, anyway, as it comes up as 'Arial' for me :)

Mdkcheatz
13th December 2008, 12:35 AM
Yes yes, good stuff ol' chap.

One quick pointer - In order to get that Sm64 font to display, all users of the program must have it installed... at least I presume, anyway, as it comes up as 'Arial' for me :)

Well I never thought about making the game font show in the text, I was referring to the splash screen which I had saved as an image. I know Iconoclast was able upload the font as text before but im not entire sure how he did it without trying myself... all i know is that he fixed the pixels for every letter which is also what i did, but only for the ones used, which takes forever... then he was able to upload the images as font and type, ill ask him about it later i guess.

legend
13th December 2008, 04:29 AM
Wow, I am really happy you're working on this and I hope you continue it and see it to its absolute perfection. :D

I assume it only the one view? There was only one other N64 emu frontend from a couple years that displayed box art, but I really liked it as I was able to adjust the view (change how many boxes I could see in the window). This allowed me to see all my games at once, at a glance, in a window, with the box art being about 1in X 1in. That way I could just look around and pick easily what I would like to play - you don't always have in mind what you want to play. I would not like the current view as I would have to go through my stuff one by one, not only to view, but to chose. If I want to play Perfect Dark, it looks like I would have to scroll for a bit to get there - even if it wraps. But I would be interested in taking a look at it for sure. ;)

Mdkcheatz
13th December 2008, 04:42 AM
Wow, I am really happy you're working on this and I hope you continue it and see it to its absolute perfection. :D

I assume it only the one view? There was only one other N64 emu frontend from a couple years that displayed box art, but I really liked it as I was able to adjust the view (change how many boxes I could see in the window). This allowed me to see all my games at once, at a glance, in a window, with the box art being about 1in X 1in. That way I could just look around and pick easily what I would like to play - you don't always have in mind what you want to play. I would not like the current view as I would have to go through my stuff one by one, not only to view, but to chose. If I want to play Perfect Dark, it looks like I would have to scroll for a bit to get there - even if it wraps. But I would be interested in taking a look at it for sure. ;)

Well actually this is just a starting point, most likely it may change dramatically. I had thought about "little bitesized images" as I have mentioned before, but what I had in mind was that they grew to normal size once you hover over it with the mouse... but i hear what your saying, it would be a pain to scroll through many roms to get to one desired game. I did intend on adding a changeable window when I can come up woth a plan that sees my vision.

Also, I thought of keeping the current view as an option and seeing as its already in development probably be the first release as it is (for beta members only though).... I was thinking of adding a side bar where you scroll up and down where it simply has text, so you can scoll up and down PJ64 style on the left and you click on the desired game and it'll jump you to it on the right... while allowing you tojust randomly scroll from left to right as you see it now... long story short: two interlinked views, one text (on left) and one BoxArt with description (on the right)

Legend, do you see this as being something worth your while?

legend
13th December 2008, 04:55 AM
Personally, I wouldn't prefer that. I would just want to see only the box art - a nice, simple clean UI. :)

Mdkcheatz
13th December 2008, 06:01 AM
Personally, I wouldn't prefer that. I would just want to see only the box art - a nice, simple clean UI. :)

Iconoclast said the same thing, ill have to have that option, and make it the default view....:).... although personally I quite like having the background information... so that'll still be added...:D

Mikonokia
13th December 2008, 09:03 AM
well it is good at the first side now lets wait to see you improving it:D

CA5
13th December 2008, 10:04 AM
Well I never thought about making the game font show in the text, I was referring to the splash screen which I had saved as an image. I know Iconoclast was able upload the font as text before but im not entire sure how he did it without trying myself... all i know is that he fixed the pixels for every letter which is also what i did, but only for the ones used, which takes forever... then he was able to upload the images as font and type, ill ask him about it later i guess.

Oh right :D I was thinking i'd never seen that font in SM64 before... I guess now I know why :D

Porsche911C
16th December 2008, 02:51 PM
I think it would be sweet if you could somehow make a rating system to keep track of all your favorite games or something. Just a suggestion!

Mdkcheatz
16th December 2008, 02:56 PM
I think it would be sweet if you could somehow make a rating system to keep track of all your favorite games or something. Just a suggestion!

Again, yet another fab idea... I had considered (back when i was panning this out when i originally was going to have tabs [may add them later]) that I was going to have an organizer that can view the X number of most recently played, X number most played ever, and X number of favorits.... but im not sure yet about allowing specifically a rating system specifically but im going to look into that...

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

CA5
16th December 2008, 06:58 PM
Again, yet another fab idea... I had considered (back when i was panning this out when i originally was going to have tabs [may add them later]) that I was going to have an organizer that can view the X number of most recently played, X number most played ever, and X number of favorits.... but im not sure yet about allowing specifically a rating system specifically but im going to look into that...

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

Hmm yeah, I have to agree. A rating system would be cool :D

CA5
19th December 2008, 12:35 PM
You still working on this? It's been awfully quiet the past few days...

Mdkcheatz
19th December 2008, 02:01 PM
You still working on this? It's been awfully quiet the past few days...

Honestly not really, I just got a copy of MS Visual Studio 2008 so hopefullly now ill ba able to do more with it.... the new year shoukd get me back on tract:D

CA5
19th December 2008, 02:08 PM
Honestly not really, I just got a copy of MS Visual Studio 2008 so hopefullly now ill ba able to do more with it.... the new year shoukd get me back on tract:D

Ah, okay. Remember, I'm the image guy... I can work on a main background for you if you'd like :)

Mdkcheatz
19th December 2008, 02:37 PM
Ah, okay. Remember, I'm the image guy... I can work on a main background for you if you'd like :)

Yes feel free to add i wont ever deny, maybe recommend, but we are working on this together:). just use that protoype i gave you as an idea, but take into consideration ALL the comments of this page as it's likely to change based on these guys...

CA5
19th December 2008, 05:15 PM
Yes feel free to add i wont ever deny, maybe recommend, but we are working on this together:). just use that protoype i gave you as an idea, but take into consideration ALL the comments of this page as it's likely to change based on these guys...

Of course Mr. Mdkcheatz sir :D

Zeldalina
19th December 2008, 07:17 PM
This is looking good so far. :)

Mdkcheatz
19th December 2008, 07:49 PM
Oh zach has made it look impressive!we can probably post a pic as soon as it's working right!