PDA

View Full Version : Ease of Use: RSP Commands Stepper

HatCat
12th January 2013, 10:49 PM
This is mostly easy to use except not so much when you want to step through the very first RSP commands when a game first boots.

Because, if you try to start the commands stepper before a game is even loaded, that is an instant crash each time.

I have to either:

start the game and F2/pause it as fast as possible, then open the RSP commands stepper
or,
open any game, launch the commands stepper, close the game so that the debug is open without a game loaded, then load the game with the desired RSP boot code

There also seems to be a glitch when soft-resetting while either the commands stepper debugger is open, or while the RSP is running in Interpreter mode for that purpose?

Just an idea for other people in case they would like to more easily use zilmar's RSP to compare what to do with their work.

zilmar
13th January 2013, 02:43 AM
I guess you have not noticed under rsp settings.

Stop on start task ?

HatCat
13th January 2013, 09:41 PM
Nope, but it works.

It doesn't seem very conveniently located,* but whatever. Whoever searches the forums can learn about it now.

In the meantime I think you should try pressing F1 after Banjo-Tooie loads sometime. This works great for any of the other games I tested, but with B-T you get "Memory Virtual Mem.cpp" line 1638. Had this not been an issue I would not have needed to know about "Break on start of task"; either way thx.

* [edit] Because I assumed an option this handy, "Break on start of task", you would have put in the commands stepper itself, to be consistent with the other options you already put in there (Break, Go, Skip, etc.). I didn't assume you wanted to scatter it somewhere else.