PDA

View Full Version : Mario Tennis best plugin/conf to date

walkabout
14th December 2008, 12:39 PM
Hi folks,

Title says it all I think. I'd like to know from the experts what is the current best config to run Mario Tennis on PJ64. I'm getting some reasonable results with Mudlord Rice 6.1.4 with rendering frame buffer and frame update on 'default' setting but there might be something better out there.
This is what's under the hood:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4Ghz
RAM 1Ghz
Vista Home Basic SP1
Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Thanks for the answers.

The main problems as you should already know are the objects around the playing field, text on the choice menus and the replays.

walkabout
14th December 2008, 12:40 PM
Almost forgot, I am using PJ64 1.7.49

:D

legend
14th December 2008, 11:32 PM
I use Jabo's plugin 1.6 or higher version with "Alpha Blending" turned on. Aside from maybe Ziggy's plugin, I think overall this is the best way to go. But Jabo may be working on this soon, who know's.

walkabout
15th December 2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks. Will try the alpha blending option on Jabo's then. The curious part of it is that
I was testing with 1964 and PJ64 with Rice and the flashing background and characters flickering on the replays is actually much less on 1964 because it runs the Rom a little slower than Pj64. Or at least is what it seems to be since settings were equal for both.

Go figure...

squall_leonhart
16th December 2008, 10:01 AM
the RDB settings for b49 are buggy and cause the game to run 20%-30% slower.

walkabout
16th December 2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, I finally noticed that. The Alpha Blending does wonders for the visual of the game but Jabo's plugin makes it goes down to 35/45 VI during play making it awkward. Same thing happens to Mickey Mouse Speedway during the races where it lowers to 55 VI but that's tolerable. Like everyone here I will be waiting for something that allows to overcome this whatever that maybe. Thanks for the input.

squall_leonhart
16th December 2008, 11:39 PM
Jabo's plugin has nothing to do with the decrease in speed., Disable TLB Unmapping for that game, or get the latest unofficial RDB update from emutalk.

walkabout
18th December 2008, 12:15 PM
Absolutely right there Squall, speed problem was due to leftovers from an attempt at trying out z64 plugin with PJ64 1.7. I cleaned up and it's back to it's previous lean performance. Thanks.