PDA

View Full Version : Goldeneye Mysteries Revealed!?

Mdkcheatz
15th December 2008, 11:47 AM
Dam Level (others will follow) -

In the begging, there was originally Trevelyan inside driving the truck who was pretending to be on your side... the truck served no other purpose except to help hide behind and around, the truck was never intended on being exploded (that would defeat the whole purpose of being silent, hence the silenced PP7 in the beginning and the sniper. The dam level was not meant to be "explosive" and loud at all)...

Once you reached the guardhouse with the commandant in it. You were meant to silently kill the commandant to obtain a key to open the trap on the floor, which revealed yet another key!

Then, after completing the rest of the objectives, there was originally a boat waiting. The key you got earlier was used to start the boat where it was meant for you to ride with a waiting Travelyan (who also drove the truck)... while Trevelyan drove the boat, you would have aim at the drone gun which would be ever so keen to shoot you down... destroy the drone and some bad guards and climb the tower, at the top was a "bungee" object that you would get.

The go back onto the boat, get a ride back, and proceed to the ledge of the dam, equip yourself with the bungee object and just fall off and wait until you landed then pull out a laser watch to burn away the bits of metal similar to that of the escape from the train. A square hole would open up and you would proceed into the hole.

Following a short ending scene of you jumping into the hole which lead into the facility....

The guard and trapdoor were never implemented because the drone island was remove from the plan due to the fact that it never existed in the original Goldeneye movie script. So rather than complicating things, it was removed. The various "abandoned" textures and prims were left as they were mostly already complete visually, just for show!

Mdkcheatz
15th December 2008, 09:48 PM
Here are some pics

maraakate
15th December 2008, 10:59 PM
How did you find this out? Goldeneye Setup Editor?

Mdkcheatz
16th December 2008, 01:06 AM
How did you find this out? Goldeneye Setup Editor?

Nah, Rare would never have left all that in the final release, but you can find all sorts of vehicles and such you'd wonder where they came from... Rare refuse to answer any question regarding the prims found...

maraakate
16th December 2008, 06:33 AM
Personally, I still believe the truck just had the purpose of guiding the user through the level. Trevelyan being in the first level would make no sense. Especially since the game is consistent with the movie. Bond first meets up with Alec in the Facility during the movie.

Mdkcheatz
16th December 2008, 07:14 AM
...Especially since the game is consistent with the movie. Bond first meets up with Alec in the Facility during the movie.

Yes that is true indeed, but again I just watched the begging again because I own it on DVD but havnt watched it in a while.... But It's quite obvious that Rare deviated from the movie quite a bit....

The "secret Island" never even existed in the movie but yet they still kept it's presence...

The truck certainly is a mystery but it most definitely had to of had another additional purpose (even as simple as a driver), otherwise there was no point in adding texture inside the doors, unless you can explain it?

http://betagoldeneye.goldeneyehacks.com/dambeta40.jpg

You see here is legitimate texture, not a blank panel, so they intended for you to see... (maybe an opening scene with a driver getting in)

Not to meantion the Surface, in the movie Bond never even went to Severnaya... and the Silo mission never happened either!

So your theory of sticky to the movie flies out the window right here!

CA5
16th December 2008, 11:27 AM
Quite interesting actually, this. Goldeneye is a legend game :D

Mdkcheatz
19th December 2008, 07:55 PM
Yea, Ive been meaning to add more but have been lazy...

Mikonokia
20th December 2008, 08:48 AM
Is this possible when i am playing goldeneye?

1FPS

CA5
20th December 2008, 11:52 AM
Yea, Ive been meaning to add more but have been lazy...

All brilliant men are (Spidey 1 I think :p), even though it was 'slob' and not 'lazy' :)

maraakate
21st December 2008, 07:53 PM
Yes that is true indeed, but again I just watched the begging again because I own it on DVD but havnt watched it in a while.... But It's quite obvious that Rare deviated from the movie quite a bit....

The "secret Island" never even existed in the movie but yet they still kept it's presence...

The truck certainly is a mystery but it most definitely had to of had another additional purpose (even as simple as a driver), otherwise there was no point in adding texture inside the doors, unless you can explain it?

http://betagoldeneye.goldeneyehacks.com/dambeta40.jpg

You see here is legitimate texture, not a blank panel, so they intended for you to see... (maybe an opening scene with a driver getting in)

Not to meantion the Surface, in the movie Bond never even went to Severnaya... and the Silo mission never happened either!

So your theory of sticky to the movie flies out the window right here!

As much as I love goldeneye and the beta mysteries that surround the game I think you're getting way too into it IMHO. There's thousands of reason and possibilities on why that door is there. I'm pretty sure those guys don't even remember the reasons some of the leftover shit is even in the game. That would explain why they don't speak about it much, even today.

Sometimes it's best just to let it go. But if you're really interested, http://goldeneye.detstar.com has tons of information.

maraakate
21st December 2008, 07:58 PM
And @ Silo/Bunker Mysteries. It's not a mystery. It was more than likely added in the game to have more levels to play and things to do in the game. The game would be a lot shorter with those 4 levels missing.

Sometimes it makes me laugh a bit how much you guys get lost in these silly conspiracy theories about the game. Most of the beta stuff probably never even made it as a fully realized idea.

i.e. the island. Maybe they started making the base structure of it and after a while the developers decided it was too much work, was useless to the development of the plot, etc. There's thousands of reasons and I'm sure most are good ones.

Best example of this is playing beta ROMs of any game you can find. Most of the time it's interesting to see what's left out or changed but you rarely revisit the ROM. Why? Because that stuff was typically took out for a good reason after extensive play testing.

marc24
6th January 2009, 03:17 PM
Could you attach a mod with the full movie like extras Rare forgot to use and add it to a rom that has been dumped from a cart?. So that PJ64 could run the full intended version with Trevelyan and all the extras included? email me at mbrand81@o2imail.co.uk