PDA

View Full Version : Is Youtube turning into Windows 98?

CA5
17th December 2008, 08:20 PM
Check out this screen (http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews/win98se4.gif), then check out Youtube (http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/FeralWolverine/youtube.jpg).

In fact, I think at present, Youtube looks awful. It's actually complaint-worthy :D

squall_leonhart
17th December 2008, 10:14 PM
what on earth are you ranting about.?

Mdkcheatz
17th December 2008, 11:03 PM
In fact, I think at present, Youtube looks awful. It's actually complaint-worthy :D

That's very funny I was just thinking about how boring youtube actually looks like weeks ago, but unless you've had experience in web design you may not notice too much...

wildgoosespeeder
18th December 2008, 12:34 AM
I'd say the only complaint worthy thing about YouTube is the number of crappy videos, YouTube Poop (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=youtube+poop&search_type=&aq=f) especially. Even though some are rated 5-star, they are a waste of space.

Then there are the quick-cam videos. All videos need some form of cropping to get to the point of the video.

Then there are capture-and-no-editing videos. It's like these people have no idea what Adobe Premier Pro or Windows Movie Maker are and what they are capable of. For God's sake, Windows Movie Maker is free! I wait several minutes to get to the point of the video and then for 5 seconds there is what we have been all been waiting for or nothing good happens at all.

Then there are long and annoying introductions in the videos. Just get to the point! No need to delay what the video is all about.

Then there are attention getting videos. The sole purpose of them is to make the viewer think they are going to get to watch something interesting, but really it gets the creator noticed. Then the viewers post rude comments to get them to feel bad but the creator still accomplished the thing they were looking for, attention.

Then there are video responses that have nothing to do with the original video. Oh, great, more attention seekers! I post video responses only if it is closely related to the original video.

Then there are videos related to Project64 v1.6. Noobs seem to make videos anyone can do. Anyone can use the cheat list, with or without YouTube, like take F-Zero X for example. They make a video making the machine move "Super Ultra Mega Fast". They even keep the cheat window up and don't edit that out so we can see the game play.

Then there are the videos where the creator replaces the original sound with music totally unrelated to the captured material. Just keep the original sounds! I can understand if the capture device wasn't sound compatible, but those videos shouldn't be uploaded in the first place.

YouTube isn't all bad, there is quite a selection of good videos too.

CA5
18th December 2008, 01:00 PM
what on earth are you ranting about.?

Read the title and find out :rolleyes:

Mdkcheatz
11th February 2009, 09:51 AM
Read the title and find out :rolleyes:

Squally Boy, you gonna take this from Chariot? Com'on you can do way better. Let's see your powning skillz;).

CA5
12th February 2009, 09:24 PM
Squally Boy, you gonna take this from Chariot? Com'on you can do way better. Let's see your powning skillz;).

*Whistles* What powning skills? ;)

squall_leonhart
13th February 2009, 02:53 PM

I prefer to watch them self destruct violently these days.

Mdkcheatz
13th February 2009, 03:30 PM
I prefer to watch them self destruct violently these days.

lmao XD........

CA5
13th February 2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, well, at least my Mom's still able to give birth :)