PDA

View Full Version : Any way of making 2D games look good?

daninthemix
8th April 2013, 01:48 PM
One thing I'd dearly love to see is the kind of thing you see on the older system emulators like Snes9x, Fusion etc, and that's a 2xSai CPU filter, which would just make pure 2D games look so much better. Right now the choice is between running it at a tiny resolution, putting up with massive pixels, or watching forced bilinear filtering make a massive mess of things.

Is there any way the final output of the graphics plugin could then be filtered like that?

3D N64 emulator is rather lovely IMO, but 2D games are left rather out in the cold.

HatCat
8th April 2013, 02:48 PM
2xSAI is available on some of Jabo's plugins, Rice's plugins, and I think Glide64?

More texture enhancement controls are in mudlord's Rice Video I think.

squall_leonhart
8th April 2013, 02:52 PM
i would prefer to see a Hylian 3xBR.

HatCat
8th April 2013, 02:56 PM
I like the scanlines and RGB filters in DOSBox for emulating MS-DOS, but other than that I never did find texture enhancements to my favor. I prefer low-res.

In fact, I usually play games with z64gl using pixilated low-res graphics.
It's like 3-D NES :eek:

ExtremeDude2
8th April 2013, 05:03 PM
It's like 3-D NES :eek:

That statement makes no sense, unless there are 3D sprites :rolleyes:

Butt srly, there are some (Anaglyph) 3D NES games, I has one of them :D

HatCat
8th April 2013, 05:11 PM
No.
I mean you can see your mom's ass on the NES in 1600x1200 pixilated graphics, because it's really just a 64 emu. :eek:

daninthemix
8th April 2013, 05:30 PM
I guess the only 2D games I'm interested in playing are Mischief Makers and Yoshi's Story, but both look pretty bad, and enabling the 2xSai texture option in Glide seems to do nothing.

HatCat
8th April 2013, 11:12 PM
How about Gaussian Blur? :)