PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problem Fix

Chakan
11th April 2013, 08:15 PM
Since I can't post over in the "Issues" section, I'm posting this here.

I'm having some seriously messed up issues with the 2.0 version. It seems like if there is anything else playing any sort of audio, besides system sounds, it will crash my computer with a blue screen prompt. I've tested this with music from Windows Media Center, Winamp and even Google Chrome. I just can't have music playing and PJ64 2.0 running without my system crashing.

Just wanted you guys to be aware of this. Here is my system specs from DXDiag, which I had to post to another website because I can't go over the text limit. AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN POST LINKS TO ANOTHER SITE TO SHOW MY SPECS!

FUCK THIS WEBSITE AND THIS PROGRAM! I'M GOING BACK TO THE OLD VERSION, THIS ISN'T FUCKING WORTH MY AGGRAVATION. FIRST OF ALL, I COULDN'T MAKE MY OWN PASSWORD, I CAN'T POST IN THE DAMN ISSUES SECTION, I CAN'T GO OVER THE TEXT LIMIT, AND NOW I CAN'T POST LINKS UNTIL I HAVE FIVE POSTS? THIS IS THE WORST FORUM I'VE EVER REGISTERED FOR. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!

ExtremeDude2
11th April 2013, 09:04 PM
cool story bro

Mdkcheatz
11th April 2013, 09:13 PM
*rage against the machine*

*deleted cuz of hate crime against forum*

I know you're frustrated but seriously you need to not take it out on the forum. You could have posted your specs in your signature, or your could have posted as many posts as you needed to get your point across. The restriction on posting links is for spam prevention and it works. 5 posts actually isn't that much to gain that priviledge. Some forums require 100 posts or more. Anyway, version 2.0 isn't for the needy, it's for the people who are patient enough to not rage against problems. We could have helped you but you just went all bolistic, making yourself look dumb.

squall_leonhart
11th April 2013, 09:15 PM
Problem is not pj64

problem is with your computer.

Mdkcheatz
11th April 2013, 09:18 PM
Problem is not pj64

problem is with your computer.

The sad truth... Some people should stick with buying a physical N64 console and not push the on button on their computer :/

HatCat
11th April 2013, 09:29 PM
cool story bro

Hey, come on... let's not make things worse.

We reserve that for when everything is going great, then we make things worse.

[edit] Wow, don't feed it! Seriously! :D

I'm having some seriously messed up issues with the 2.0 version. It seems like if there is anything else playing any sort of audio, besides system sounds, it will crash my computer with a blue screen prompt. I've tested this with music from Windows Media Center, Winamp and even Google Chrome. I just can't have music playing and PJ64 2.0 running without my system crashing.

As it turned out, that was because Windows 7 (and I think Vista) original--before any service pack upgrades--had a driver bug in the DirectX layer which somehow the huge rewrites of Project64's plugins managed to exploit. I would have recommended using the 1.6 or 1.6.1 plugins because Jabo never finished/stabilized the 1.7 direction which was not headed well....

So it would take a Windows Update on some of the drivers to fix the blue screen, or, like you said, rolling back to 1.6.

For more information, that issue was discussed here at this thread:
http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3567

AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN POST LINKS TO ANOTHER SITE TO SHOW MY SPECS!

Apologies. It was the only way we could find to control the massive automated spam/advertisement issue bots were doing to the forum, but I guess we deserve that over your experience.

I'M GOING BACK TO THE OLD VERSION, THIS ISN'T FUCKING WORTH MY AGGRAVATION.

Old versions have always worked better for the simple games.

So that would be the fastest solution as well for games not taking advantage of complex memory updates, uses of the RCP pipeline, TLB, etc..

FIRST OF ALL, I COULDN'T MAKE MY OWN PASSWORD,

Sorry that I have never heard of this issue before...definitely got complaints about the forum before, just not this one.

I CAN'T POST IN THE DAMN ISSUES SECTION,

Nobody can post there now that Jabo made it so that 1.7 beta members could post there. It got updated because 1.6 users / people who didn't contribute to the project were pirating updates and posting in the wrong forum, but that is pointless now that zilmar revoked the beta system.

It should be updated now so anyone can post there.

I CAN'T GO OVER THE TEXT LIMIT,

The text limit is supposed to be 10,000 bytes per post; it should not be less than this? Or your message was supposed to be greater than 10 KB, which is the default limit for every vBulletin forum.

the_randomizer
11th April 2013, 11:22 PM

Just wanted you guys to be aware of this. Here is my system specs from DXDiag, which I had to post to another website because I can't go over the text limit. AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN POST LINKS TO ANOTHER SITE TO SHOW MY SPECS!

FUCK THIS WEBSITE AND THIS PROGRAM! I'M GOING BACK TO THE OLD VERSION, THIS ISN'T FUCKING WORTH MY AGGRAVATION. FIRST OF ALL, I COULDN'T MAKE MY OWN PASSWORD, I CAN'T POST IN THE DAMN ISSUES SECTION, I CAN'T GO OVER THE TEXT LIMIT, AND NOW I CAN'T POST LINKS UNTIL I HAVE FIVE POSTS? THIS IS THE WORST FORUM I'VE EVER REGISTERED FOR. PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!

You know that bitching and screaming isn't going to solve your issues any faster. Just sayin'. :confused:

HatCat
11th April 2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah, and none of us ever bitch or wrote in capital letters. :D

Oh well, not like he's going to come back.
Probably for the better, but come to think of it I guess that was a little funny.

Natch
12th April 2013, 02:47 AM
Well, this post escalated quickly.