PDA

View Full Version : Multiple issues

jakk127
15th April 2013, 03:14 AM
Hey. I can't post in the issues section for 2.0, so figured I would give it a shot here.

First of all, I have multiple BSODs with PJ64 2.0. 1.6 runs without issues. I have read that there seems to be some though that these are just related to Dell computers as well as Jabo's D3D plugin. MY PC is custom built and as such is not a Dell PC. Also, I did try to download Glide64 in an attempt to use something other than Jabo's plugins and hopefully alleviate the BSODs. However, despite dropping the dlls into my plugin folder, the plugin still does not show up,

Also, when I do happen to get PJ64 2.0 to work some games, such as Pokemon Snap, run way too fast. I have tried to disable the audio sync as well as change some of the count settings, but none of those seem to have helped.

I am open to suggestions to fix any of these issues, most importantly the constant BSODs. Thanks for your help.

squall_leonhart
15th April 2013, 05:01 AM
dump files and SysInternals Autoruns save files please.

the issue is in a windows binary which if was explicitly caused by jabo's dll, it would affect us all instead of just the odd person here and there.

Even the windows debugger points out that the issue is likely in another driver

The bsod in question is caused by an Access Violation occuring in a kernel driver causing a bugcheck,

Lithium
15th April 2013, 06:10 AM
I know that one BSOD is happening on Nvidia cards, because of a Nvidia driver issue, it only happens on Windows 7, compatibility mode with Windows Vista SP 2 is a workaround.

squall_leonhart
15th April 2013, 08:04 AM
I know that one BSOD is happening on Nvidia cards,

no.

because of a Nvidia driver issue

no

it only happens on Windows 7, compatibility mode with Windows Vista SP 2 is a workaround.

then surely one should install SP1.

Tasoulis
18th April 2013, 05:25 AM
Also, I did try to download Glide64 in an attempt to use something other than Jabo's plugins and hopefully alleviate the BSODs. However, despite dropping the dlls into my plugin folder, the plugin still does not show up.
Don't forget to place the glide wrapper (included with the plugin) in the main folder where the PJ64 executable is. Without it, the plugin itself can only work on 3DFX cards... Glide64 final is still the best video plugin overall (and it should be used as the default imo). Still, i have no idea if it fixes your problem though...

the_randomizer
18th April 2013, 05:43 AM
I know that one BSOD is happening on Nvidia cards, because of a Nvidia driver issue, it only happens on Windows 7, compatibility mode with Windows Vista SP 2 is a workaround.

O RLY?

nVidia GTX 660 right here. Never got a BSOD.

Lithium
18th April 2013, 02:47 PM
O RLY?

nVidia GTX 660 right here. Never got a BSOD.

My friend have a 9800gt and the BSOD happens there, don't is a hardware problem, only on Project64 it happens.

the_randomizer
18th April 2013, 06:47 PM
My friend have a 9800gt and the BSOD happens there, don't is a hardware problem, only on Project64 it happens.

Using PJ64 with the nVidia GPU just fine. Never crashed or got a BSOD of any form. They're doing something wrong. I've used nVidia since PJ64 started in 2001 and never got a BSOD.

Lithium
21st April 2013, 05:38 AM
Using PJ64 with the nVidia GPU just fine. Never crashed or got a BSOD of any form. They're doing something wrong. I've used nVidia since PJ64 started in 2001 and never got a BSOD.

Windows update fixed the crash, i think this crash is only happen on outdated Windows 7 systems.