PDA

View Full Version : Log window and log files

Lithium
21st April 2013, 05:44 AM
Why not implement a log window like some other emulators? it can help detect bugs and report them in detail using the log files.

squall_leonhart
21st April 2013, 10:24 AM
logging slows down emulation enough now without printing to a window on the same thread......

zilmar
21st April 2013, 06:22 PM
Why not implement a log window like some other emulators? it can help detect bugs and report them in detail using the log files.

Any particular reason for a log window?

there is already a lot of logging in there that can be turned on, it is just to a log file tho.

More often it used when I am trying to debug something then for an end user, was thinking maybe I should even compile it out of the normal release.

Lithium
21st April 2013, 08:28 PM
Any particular reason for a log window?

there is already a lot of logging in there that can be turned on, it is just to a log file tho.

More often it used when I am trying to debug something then for an end user, was thinking maybe I should even compile it out of the normal release.

Monitor what is happening behind the scenes during emulation, this can help end-users find errors, missing opcodes and configuration errors.

zilmar
21st April 2013, 10:42 PM
Monitor what is happening behind the scenes during emulation, this can help end-users find errors, missing opcodes and configuration errors.

I can see you would like it to try and help, tho if you get those type of errors the game will not go any further, so logs will not really help.

Just hearing where there is issues is enough most of the time for me to find the problem.