PDA

View Full Version : Online profiles for cross computer saves

sickmind33
23rd April 2013, 02:03 AM
I think it would be nice if we could use our accounts here, on the emulator, and when we saved a game, it would save to our account.

So when we log into our account on another computer, the saves would carry over.

twostars
29th April 2013, 11:24 PM
I think it would be nice if we could use our accounts here, on the emulator, and when we saved a game, it would save to our account.

So when we log into our account on another computer, the saves would carry over.
Have a read of the sticky in this section (I'd link it, but it apparently won't let me as it deems it "another site").

As useful as that'd be for those that use it on multiple computers, this suggestion is rather impractical for Project64 as it stands (time/cost wise). It'd require dedicating server resources to this task (which costs money!), implementing functionality on both ends to authenticate, upload & retrieve save data, and generally introducing features with little time/value benefit (there's rather a lot more to focus on, in terms of improving the state of the emulator).

Perhaps it'll happen in the future (though I doubt it). Either way, just throw it on a USB flash drive. ;)

nickl
30th June 2013, 05:48 PM
If all of the computers that you plan to play from are on your home network, what you could do is setup a samba server, mount the share as a network drive, and point to that network drive in the settings tab in project64.

squall_leonhart
30th June 2013, 09:05 PM
LOL

just set up dropbox ffs.

sickmind33
30th June 2013, 11:09 PM
LOL

just set up dropbox ffs.

I made this post before I got dropbox