PDA

View Full Version : Small features

TampieNL
7th May 2013, 08:19 PM
Hi,

First I wanted to say that I really enjoy Project64 so far, great graphics!

I had a few suggestions, pretty small features that are particularly handy for gaming with Xbox controllers.

- Allowing two assigments per button (Like in DarkMan's plugin, but that one doesn't work that well for me). For games like Super Smash and Perfect Dark on an Xbox controller (Example: X and Y buttons for swapping guns and opening doors while using A and B for the menu)

- Add control settings in Edit Game Settings, loading them manually for each game is a bit of a pain

- Maybe a way to force a certain fps on some games without adjusting the audio, Super Smash and Goldeneye are real fun playing at 60fps (not VI) but Zelda and Perfect Dark run too fast in 2.0 right now.

Cheers!

squall_leonhart
7th May 2013, 08:24 PM
per game controls isn't possible with the jabo plugins.

zilmar
7th May 2013, 08:53 PM
Thank you for your suggestions.

I do not have the source to jabo's controller plugin, so I have been thinking of writing my own next to be able to add the type of features you want.

Allowing two assigments per button (Like in DarkMan's plugin, but that one doesn't work that well for me). For games like Super Smash and Perfect Dark on an Xbox controller (Example: X and Y buttons for swapping guns and opening doors while using A and B for the menu)

I will have to have a look at how he did that, not something that I have thought about.

Add control settings in Edit Game Settings, loading them manually for each game is a bit of a pain

I would like to be able to create a controller configuration and be able to associate that with a game, so when that game starts it can load that configuration automatically.

Maybe a way to force a certain fps on some games without adjusting the audio, Super Smash and Goldeneye are real fun playing at 60fps (not VI) but Zelda and Perfect Dark run too fast in 2.0 right now.

The settings for zelda and perfect dark might still need more tweaking to make the game slower. Or I might need to just work more on timing in general.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

TampieNL
7th May 2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply zilmar, I'll be looking forward to your plugin then. Just wondering: would it be possible for the (advanced) user to customize fps without changing the audio rate? Now, when pressing + or - the audio slows down with it

HatCat
7th May 2013, 09:13 PM
Allowing two assigments per button (Like in DarkMan's plugin, but that one doesn't work that well for me). For games like Super Smash and Perfect Dark on an Xbox controller (Example: X and Y buttons for swapping guns and opening doors while using A and B for the menu)I will have to have a look at how he did that, not something that I have thought about.

I think you know this already, but two assignments per button is easy, at least for WM GetKeys.

It's so fundamentally direct to implement that you shouldn't have to worry how Jabo implemented it.

I would like to be able to create a controller configuration and be able to associate that with a game, so when that game starts it can load that configuration automatically.

Lucky you. I see you added Controller #1.1 to the support list.
And Controller #1.2 from pj64 beta can also use the ROM HEADER buffer now.

Because otherwise you would still have virtually no possibility of ever following through with them words. :D
You can't associate per-game controller profiles without being able to read from the ROM memory loaded to the emulator which cont #1.0 didn't allow.

So this plugin would only work on Project64 2.0+, and if you used #1.1 also Mupen64.

May as well cluster more settings over to the Project64.rdb file then so that it's non-portable and doesn't function anyplace else. :cool: