PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad linearity, issue with Goldeneye, suggestion for input plugins

gandlz
11th May 2013, 10:52 PM
Hello, I have just changed to version 2.1 and checked out if there are any new input plugins, because I have always been having some issues with Goldeneye.

I am using a cheap Techsolo TG-30 gamepad to play and it is nearly impossible to aim (also without the crosshair, just by moving). When I slightly move the analog stick to the left or right it just makes too much distance ending up in shooting too much left and right and not at the enemy.

I have been using this gamepad for some flight simulators and it worked fine. I don�t know if this is caused by the gamepad itself. I also noticed that the gamepad has some kind of hardware-deadzone. In windows calibration tool I noticed this. It also showed that the stick is giving full-range a bit before it physically is. Therefore I have deadzone on 0% and analog stick range at 100%.

What I would need, would be some kind of linearity setup as you might know from other games, especially flight sims. This would make me able to set a smaller change of values in lower stick ranges and faster changes of value in higher stick ranges. So the change of values should not be linear but exponential. I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

To implement such a feature would maybe increase the amount of compatible gamepads to project 64. However, I also would like to know what kind of gamepads you use successfully to play Goldeneye.

Thanks and best regards,
Gandlz

gandlz
11th May 2013, 10:54 PM
By the way: I am sorry if this is not the correct place for posting this.

squall_leonhart
11th May 2013, 11:10 PM
reset your controls calibration data.

gandlz
11th May 2013, 11:14 PM
Sorry, not sure what you mean?
At the moment I use N-Rages Input 2.2

squall_leonhart
11th May 2013, 11:53 PM
nrage handles incremental range scaling just fine, so its clearly an issue with the current state of your controls calibration data.

gandlz
11th May 2013, 11:57 PM
Well I think incremental range scaling is he feature I am looking for. Where can I configure this?
But what is that control calibration data you are talking about? Do you mean that I should re-calibrate the gamepad with the windows tool?
Sorry I still dont get it.

gandlz
12th October 2015, 12:03 AM
just want to push this one ... still having the same problem.

in general: a feature like joystick curves or joystick linearity (like most PC games offer) would be very helpful!

can anybody tell me how to contact the developer (N-Rage) directly or foreward my request please?

thanks!

V1del
12th October 2015, 11:07 AM
He hasn't been active for a long time, the plugin is open source however, so maybe someone of the currently active people might be able to look into that (squall who you've talked with back then has maintained it for a while, but he doesn't seem to be that active anymore either)

ExtremeDude2
12th October 2015, 01:07 PM
I thought zilmar did some stuff with it?

V1del
12th October 2015, 11:39 PM
Integrated the settings with PJ64, I don't think he did any functionality changes