PDA

View Full Version : 64dd

wildgoosespeeder
15th May 2013, 02:13 AM
Are there any plans to attempt to emulate 64DD?

HatCat
15th May 2013, 02:30 AM
Plenty of them outside of Project64.

You would have to find somebody interested outside of the Project64 Team.
Or, maybe some pointers to documentation and such, which might provoke existing 64 emudevs into extending for 64DD with that info.

ExtremeDude2
15th May 2013, 11:30 AM
The bios boots :3 (have fun finding it XD)

wildgoosespeeder
15th May 2013, 03:53 PM
The bios boots :3 (have fun finding it XD)

I've had it for years from a topic here long ago. :p

ExtremeDude2
15th May 2013, 04:34 PM
I've had it for years from a topic here long ago. :p

*looks *

HatCat
15th May 2013, 04:46 PM
(Also.)

Duplicate thread.
64DD has been asked about tens of times; I just felt like being the one to answer this time since I don't remember all the other declinations everyone else posted in all those other threads.

I would say, what we're really missing is an accurate N64 emulator. :p
That should be the focus for now.

the_randomizer
15th May 2013, 05:06 PM
(Also.)

Duplicate thread.
64DD has been asked about tens of times; I just felt like being the one to answer this time since I don't remember all the other declinations everyone else posted in all those other threads.

I would say, what we're really missing is an accurate N64 emulator. :p
That should be the focus for now.

The real question is, can an N64 emulator be highly accurate without requiring an overclocked Core i7 Extreme to attain full speed? ;)

HatCat
15th May 2013, 05:26 PM
The real question is, can an N64 emulator be highly accurate without requiring an overclocked Core i7 Extreme to attain full speed? ;)

The thing about accuracy, is that it's always nice to achieve it using hardware and not software.

The less you have to do in software, the less things you have to override and check for timing/cycle-accuracy all the time, and also in a sense the more accurate it is.

I guess that's why some emulators have a mid-cycle-accurate approach, like, flow through naturally pretending it's naturally as well-timed as the actual hardware, but check for timing differences to go back to correct or something.

So it is possible for something to be both accurate and really fast; it's just not a very fun goal when the hardware is so different.