PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time Problem.

rebelephant
15th May 2013, 06:02 PM
I am certain this has been solved, and mentioned before, so my apologies. I googled the issue I was having and it led me to the forum for it from 2011 but I read through it all and still have no idea about what to do.

I am in the Lost Woods, just trying to leave so I can go on with the game, when once I leave I get:

"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801E83C0
Unknown 73 73 00 00

Stoping Emulation !"

I have never once installed or used a cheat for any game with this emulator or any ROM. I just start up v1.6, use my Xbox controller, and play. I am at a complete loss and do apologize for my idiocy if it is a simple solution.

If I have to download the Ocarina of Time ROM again I can, but will that mean I have to start from the beginning, or will my Restore point still work? :confused:

rebelephant
15th May 2013, 06:03 PM
P.S. I use Windows 7, if that helps at all. T_T

HatCat
15th May 2013, 06:25 PM
If self-modifying code is via "Change Memory and Cache" then it can crash in the Lost Woods.
If self-modifying code is via "Check Memory Advance" then it will crash in the Kakariko Windmill after the Song of Storms.

Or maybe I have that switched around.

Either way you should up it to "Protect Memory" by installing the RDB file here.
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49385-PJ64-Unofficial-RDB-v4-23-by-Nekokabu-amp-MASA

rebelephant
15th May 2013, 06:46 PM
Oh boy... I have no idea what any of that means, lol. I probably shouldn't be allowed to use a computer because I have no clue what to do besides click and play, haha. But I am going to do the best I can, thank you so much for your reply. :)

johnnydude
30th June 2013, 06:33 AM
p64 stops emulation on many areas of the game... tried reinstalling and settings changes..no luck..unable to play at all..first error is now at entrance storyline...

Constructer1029
14th September 2013, 08:07 AM
Ive just gotten to the point where you learn the song of sun. When I finish playing the song for the first time i get an error and the emulation stops

IcyCrow
14th September 2013, 03:52 PM
Ive just gotten to the point where you learn the song of sun. When I finish playing the song for the first time i get an error and the emulation stops

What sort of problem? Can't you screenshot of it?

Constructer1029
15th September 2013, 07:40 AM
Here's the save file at the time of crash and a screen shot of the message

IcyCrow
15th September 2013, 06:25 PM
Here's the save file at the time of crash and a screen shot of the message

You should have the latest verison, if so, you should state out your specs onto your computer/laptop.

cara117
18th September 2013, 11:39 PM
I am certain this has been solved, and mentioned before, so my apologies. I googled the issue I was having and it led me to the forum for it from 2011 but I read through it all and still have no idea about what to do.

I am in the Lost Woods, just trying to leave so I can go on with the game, when once I leave I get:

"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801E83C0
Unknown 73 73 00 00

Stoping Emulation !"

I have never once installed or used a cheat for any game with this emulator or any ROM. I just start up v1.6, use my Xbox controller, and play. I am at a complete loss and do apologize for my idiocy if it is a simple solution.

If I have to download the Ocarina of Time ROM again I can, but will that mean I have to start from the beginning, or will my Restore point still work? :confused:

*Using v.2.1.0.1*
I remember having this error when I first tried playing OoT. After playing with it again (and following a walkthrough, so hate on me all you like for that), if you go to the next area (not try to leave the woods) and, say, beat up the Business Scrub, THEN leave Lost Woods, it won't trigger the error. Save before taking my word for it though.

Constructer1029
21st September 2013, 07:12 AM
hi just had a holiday so couldnt get back to you heres my system specs.

Dual Core Pentium 4 3.8 ghz proccessors
Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family Card
OpenGL 1.4
2 GB of ram
149 GB of Space
Windows 7 Home Premium 64x

HatCat
21st September 2013, 07:17 AM
Just upgrade the Project64.rdb file for Project64 1.6 (assuming you are in fact using that) from here (http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49385-PJ64-Unofficial-RDB-v4-23-by-Nekokabu-amp-MASA).

No more self-mod crashing in Lost Woods.

savtavi11
30th September 2014, 09:45 AM
i hav the sam prob wht to do