PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania legacy of darkness no working

colin420
26th December 2008, 11:59 PM
Hi, I've been using project64 and so far every game I've tried has worked quite well. However, for some reason it won't load legacy of darkness. I opened the rom, and on the bottom I see it showing the load percentages until 100 percent, and then it says emulation started like usual. But it stays as a black screen indefinitely. Can someone help me with this? Thanks very much in advance.

squall_leonhart
27th December 2008, 01:58 AM
get a new rom.

colin420
27th December 2008, 02:02 AM
It's not that. I got roms from many sites, and none worked. So I downloaded the 1964 emulator, and the rom I had at the time loaded. I don't like 1964, though, so I was hoping there might be some way I can get the game to run in project64.

HatCat
27th December 2008, 02:14 AM
If you were to wait long enough, maybe take off the speed limiter,

Do you hear any sound from the game? First there's silence until the screens pass by, also if you turn off the speed limiter (see below), if the FPS display at the bottom-right is like, high, it's possible the game hung on memory start.

Options Settings...
Uncheck "Hide Advanced Settings"

FPS Limit "F4" is available under the System menu

colin420
27th December 2008, 02:34 AM
Hi, sorry it took me so long to reply, I was having some problems with my internet connection.

I tried un-checking the fps limiter, and ran the rom, but it still didn't work. There aren't any sounds or anything, it gets to where it says emulation started on the bottom, but the screen stays black and the fps indicator on the bottom right remains as a few little lines.

HatCat
27th December 2008, 02:37 AM
Since you were able to get none of these games working on Project64 we want to verify for certain if configurations were changed.

Can you reproduce by reinstalling Project64 fresh on another system or the present one?

There'd be another possible cause but supposedly not related since you didn't get any error messages--just a broken speed display.

colin420
27th December 2008, 02:40 AM
Do you mean uninstall it and then reinstall? I don't have another computer available right now, so I'd have to do it on this one.

What really puzzles me is that all my other roms still work just fine, and load up within a couple seconds of me selecting them, but this one doesn't.

HatCat
27th December 2008, 02:48 AM
Yes try re-installing it. Given that this is game-specific the Project64 RDB update came to mind for those select other games. You can also try replaicing the file Project64.rdb with the update here
http://www.pj64-emu.com/downloads/project64/updates/

When this is done there are other things to try in case.

colin420
27th December 2008, 02:55 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled project64 and the game works now. Thank you very much Iconoclast.