PDA

View Full Version : Can't get cheats to work properly

hod
27th June 2013, 04:00 AM
So i've done a bit of research(not extensive) and i havent found anything on this issue yet. I can't get cheats to work for ANY game, whenever i check off which cheats i want to use. Nothing happens, i'll close the Cheats list window and reopen it, and none of the cheats will be selected again.

Moving to issues forum.

moldyfoot
6th December 2013, 06:56 AM
I'm having the same problem. I read the user manual and it says to make sure that the Memory Pak is plugged in, which mine is, and it still isn't working. There's no "Okay" or "Save" option when selecting the cheats. It only has the "Close" at the top and the "Unmark All" option. There's an arrow on the side that has options for "New Cheat" and "Update Cheat," but those aren't helpful. Not sure how much this matters, but I also noticed the manual is v.1.6.

retroben
6th December 2013, 06:50 PM
There is an checkbox called "remember selected cheats" in settings.
I doubt that it will have any effect,but just try it anyway.

Try leaving the cheat list open with an enabled cheat and select the main window to test if its working.
Make sure to try a simple cheat that will most likely work.
Something like infinite deku nuts or infinite bombs on Zelda should be okay.

Aegis Runestone
7th December 2013, 08:26 PM
Also, you need to uncheck in Settings "Hide Advanced Settings" or the sidebar won't appear.

retroben
7th December 2013, 10:21 PM
The two dumb things to include as "advanced" settings...

Limit framerate,and the cheat-list edit arrow existing in versions above 1.6 of PJ64.

Removing the edit arrow only makes sense when a turbo noob would decide to put a completely random address and value as a cheat,only to accidentally wreck their computer.