PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the cheat database?

e2118289
7th July 2013, 09:54 AM
Finally I've found the answer I was looking for! :)
Thank you very much et500 for pointing me to that page, www·emudigital·net!
I've managed to talk with Gaudy, the guy behind that cheat database, and he told me that he based his work not only on the 1.6 version, but also on the 1.7 beta one, and all the relevant and useful new cheats & fixes are also there, so it renders useless updating or using the raw 1.7 beta release... (a nice guy btw :rolleyes:) so again thanks for your very useful recommendation!

PD: FatCat, after looking carefully the new cheat file I can assure you that a lot of work has been done here... It's for sure not a silly read/modify/upload/claim try.

HatCat
7th July 2013, 02:25 PM
Random trivia for you:

Did you know?
That zilmar is the only one left here

trlkly
9th July 2013, 12:20 AM
The answer is given in your quote. The cheat file says that it's only for Project64 1.7. Sure, he might have meant 1.7 or greater, but apparently they are erring on the side of caution.

If you can help us get in contact with Gent and get his permission to use the file in PJ64 2.0+, that would be great. If not, we would greatly appreciate it if you would collect those cheats again in a new cheat file. You can even get your name in there, if you want.

HatCat
19th July 2013, 02:17 PM
2nd EDIT: Trlkly, it seems you haven't interpreted correctly what I've said:

Actually he very well interpreted what you said, and he very well answered your complaining.

Apart from that, I don't think it's a permission problem.

Maybe that's cuz you're retarded?

Like you just admitted yourself in your own quote:
// This Cheat file is only to be used with Project64 version 1.7

The same thing can be found in the 1.6 RDB using it on 1.6 only, except Gent was around back then to give user rights to use it on later versions of the emulator.

So, like Trlkly just finished proving to you in your quote, nobody had automatic permission to use Gent's 1.7 RDB with 2.1.
And like I told you earlier in my reply, Gent left. Nobody is left in the Project64 team, and Gent sure as hell would never have answered to any of zilmar's permission requests regarding the cheat file. If you thought enough about what that meant when I said that zilmar was the only one left here, you might not have failed to get everyone else's meaning.

It was you who misinterpreted his attempt to help you by changing the subject back to having the 1.6 RDB on 2.1, which was exactly the problem he was trying to explain to you.

So you can send us more PMs claiming you edited a reply into your original post here, no one cares you egotistical assclown http://www.nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/hand.gif http://www.nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/hand.gif http://www.nevadashooters.com/images/smilies/hand.gif

et500
22nd July 2013, 06:51 PM
The best and most complete cheatfile (3MB in size) is:

// CHT for PJ64 & Mupen64Plus (Compatible with all versions)
// ================================================== =======
// UnOfficial Cheats Database Upgraded by >>> Gaudy <<<
//
// Some Region Cheat Codes By Gent
// ---------------------------------------------------------

[Meta]
Author=Gaudy
Version=Avance 18 WIP 1
Date=28th Feb 2011
Homepage=http://www.emudigital.net

HatCat
23rd July 2013, 02:14 PM
Use that cheat file only if you condone infringement and/or piracy.

Don't blindly recommend the most complete file to someone if it's not official. Malware isn't the only myth we have to worry about.

Witten
29th July 2013, 08:09 AM
You may use any cht file that works. Official releases are usually tested by a team and we (mostly Gent) knew what we were doing, making sure nothing remained in memory and so on.

Changing a cht file and putting it back on the internet for download and claiming it as your own is something entierly different.

FatCat! Be kind to other ppl on the forum!

HatCat
30th July 2013, 03:37 PM
I have no doubts the file works fine in most cases.

Even if it is from hacked 1.7 it's most likely they tried to add extra codes from other sources and maybe throw in a few more cases.

The thing is though, anyone who knows how to use Google can do this.
And I really doubt they did the extent of testing necessary to make sure they're not crap / don't crash PJ64 like the team would have because such things cannot be officially supported on the forum when there are problems with them. :)

So, um, if we don't have enough cheats, I guess that's for us to Google?
Maybe I'm a little paranoid about the new file authors being naive though.

FatCat! Be kind to other ppl on the forum!

Sorry :D i h4z anger problemz

(Specifically when people try their least /not at all to make me mad)

snoman909
12th August 2013, 04:26 AM
I have no doubts the file works fine in most cases.

Even if it is from hacked 1.7 it's most likely they tried to add extra codes from other sources and maybe throw in a few more cases.

The thing is though, anyone who knows how to use Google can do this.
And I really doubt they did the extent of testing necessary to make sure they're not crap / don't crash PJ64 like the team would have because such things cannot be officially supported on the forum when there are problems with them. :)

So, um, if we don't have enough cheats, I guess that's for us to Google?
Maybe I'm a little paranoid about the new file authors being naive though.

Sorry :D i h4z anger problemz

(Specifically when people try their least /not at all to make me mad)

hahahahahaha