PDA

View Full Version : Copy framebuffer to RDRAM

final_drifter
30th December 2008, 12:11 AM
how do i Copy framebuffer to RDRAM i've disabled the hide advance and it still does not show up in the advanced section of the settings as an option really can anyone clear this up for me?!?!?!?!!?!?!

HatCat
30th December 2008, 12:14 AM
Capture an image of the dialoge in which this option does not appear?

final_drifter
30th December 2008, 12:29 AM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/final_drifter/n64.jpg

There you go I hope you can help me out with this

final_drifter
30th December 2008, 12:31 AM
Oh and here is the picture of the advanced screen

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n91/final_drifter/n64-1.jpg

HatCat
30th December 2008, 12:33 AM
ok let's try Options, Configure Graphics Plugin...

There should be another Hide Advanced Settings option. Re-enter the config with that unchecked and try again

final_drifter
30th December 2008, 12:36 AM
ok let's try Options, Configure Graphics Plugin...

There should be another Hide Advanced Settings option. Re-enter the config with that unchecked and try again

Ah yes that did it thanks alot lol man I feel dumb

squall_leonhart
30th December 2008, 02:25 AM
dumb people are the ones who post, telling someone how to do something that isn't even possible.

Being willing to learn is never dumb.

NellyS197
1st January 2009, 06:11 PM
Sorry for the silly question but this option is to enable objects such as the billboard over the tunnel in Mario Kart 64 right?

squall_leonhart
1st January 2009, 08:38 PM
its not worth the performance hit if only for the billboard.

HatCat
1st January 2009, 10:17 PM
Objects such as the billboard create pixelmaps referencing the game screen, so that is definitely a frame buffer object.

NellyS197
4th January 2009, 04:16 AM
I enabled this option and tried Mario Kart 64 and the billboard didn't work still. No biggie though, not too worried about that. I didn't notice any performance hit either.

Just wondering, are people still taking performance hits by increasing graphical/memory/core options, etc on today's typical PC's (dual core+/DDR2+/etc)?

HatCat
4th January 2009, 09:51 PM
Might be screen-clear-related, nope the newer hardware has fared pretty well

Without a doubt the change in frame buffer speed appears insignificant and just as inefficient as before, but with memory and such it seems to be either the game itself, a terrible setting being used in which the software's end is at hand conflicting with the game, or an old system.

Thunder
16th January 2009, 03:28 AM
I enabled this option and tried Mario Kart 64 and the billboard didn't work still. No biggie though, not too worried about that. I didn't notice any performance hit either.

Just wondering, are people still taking performance hits by increasing graphical/memory/core options, etc on today's typical PC's (dual core+/DDR2+/etc)?

donīt use any aa ok?

NellyS197
31st January 2009, 05:05 AM
no issues here. i was asking since i max out graphics options on my PC and havent had any performance problems. I read so many warnings about enabling options may impact performance...was just wondering, must be for older machines.?.?...anyways, PJ64 is awesome just gotta say :) :thumb:

HatCat
31st January 2009, 09:04 PM
If anti-aliasing is one of them that's why frame buffer is incomplete. Forgot about that point...