PDA

View Full Version : lower fps in banjo tooie and minor graphical issues

forerofore
31st December 2008, 08:57 AM
well my issue is that with banjo tooie i get low fps on places where there are lots of objects
also some textures dont show up or show up behind other objects (also happens at zelda oot and some other games)

i opened the task manager while running with low fps and noticed that the cpu is used at 50% on both cores and checked the ram too so the problem is not with my system

my system specs are
windows vista home premium 32bit
3 gb ram
intel pentium dual core 2.00 ghz
integrated graphics card (intel 4 series express chipset family)(works wellwith some pc games such as spore, wow and some other ones so i think this is not the main reason of my problems)

all of the drivers are updated and directx is also updated

for the texture problem i have tried enabling the direct 3d transform option but it only gets worse

squall_leonhart
31st December 2008, 09:57 AM
tje problem IS with your system, spefically your poor video card, Pj64 requires decent performance for Dx8 shaders.

Basing it off games like wow and spore, of which one is hardset to run at 30fps and the other is pathetically basic in its video effects.....

NellyS197
1st January 2009, 06:24 PM
I agree.

If you can 'game' at all with an Intel chipset consider yourself lucky :)

The rest of your system seems fine. If its not a laptop, a cheap ATI/nVidia PCI-E card should power PJ64 without a hitch.

With that said, my wife has one of those mini netbooks with single core Atom CPU and an Intel GMA950 chip and surprisingly it runs PJ64 quite well with the games we've tried so far. Are you using default settings for the emulator?