PDA

View Full Version : Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon levitation issue

SinCron
10th August 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm a fan of the good ole "Press L to levitate" for games that I've beaten but I notice that this cheat wont work after the first giant robot battle (Impact). Has anyone else experienced this and are there any workarounds?

HugoChileno
24th May 2017, 04:15 AM
I'm a fan of the good ole "Press L to levitate" for games that I've beaten but I notice that this cheat wont work after the first giant robot battle (Impact). Has anyone else experienced this and are there any workarounds?

I have the same problem :(

Any idea how to get back to work? "Press L to Levitate"

HugoChileno
19th September 2017, 02:50 AM
Someone with the same problem?

theboy181
19th September 2017, 03:41 AM
Probably self modifying code. You will need to examine the cheat code and use some ASM hacking to modify the function.

Another thing you could do is look for the memory value after that part of the game to locate the new location in memory.

HatCat
19th September 2017, 05:29 AM
I'm impressed by your expectations of these posters. Even I'm not that cruel. :p

They could just switch the core style to "Interpreter" if the whole cause was protect memory.

theboy181
20th September 2017, 02:04 AM
interesting, would that work?

I think that the post might lead them to trying to resolve it, but who knows.

If I had the code and a save I might make a quick attempt at the GS code. ASM is still too time consuming for my current skill set.

HatCat
20th September 2017, 04:17 AM
If your theory was accurate, then yes, it's guaranteed by definition to work.

That is, if you're correct about self-modifying code being the cause. Self-modifying code invalidates the instruction cache on the x86 server's side when any recompiler is used. An interpreter does not have an x86 server but only the MIPS client and does not have to synchronize anything if code space were overwritten, so the problem of self-modifying code becomes irrelevant which means an interpreter core should invalidate any issues caused by cheat codes being corrupted by self-modifying code.

theboy181
20th September 2017, 04:24 AM
lets see if the code and save states get posted. I would like to look into it, as its defiantly interesting topic. However, I do jump to "theory crafting" quickly when talking with first time posters..

HugoChileno
9th October 2017, 02:11 PM
If your theory was accurate, then yes, it's guaranteed by definition to work.

That is, if you're correct about self-modifying code being the cause. Self-modifying code invalidates the instruction cache on the x86 server's side when any recompiler is used. An interpreter does not have an x86 server but only the MIPS client and does not have to synchronize anything if code space were overwritten, so the problem of self-modifying code becomes irrelevant which means an interpreter core should invalidate any issues caused by cheat codes being corrupted by self-modifying code.

lets see if the code and save states get posted. I would like to look into it, as its defiantly interesting topic. However, I do jump to "theory crafting" quickly when talking with first time posters..

Hello HatCat and theboy181
Thank you for your help! Here are the save states with the game I have with the cheat of levitation working and the other not working. In the .txt file I described.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!NREUmaRa!PZBK3oj-DPGoW8HSIARqVB4bNbpUqqBns50jTWUz9zA