PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about memory.

Jokes On You
1st January 2009, 02:53 AM
This may be a really stupid question but I cant seem to find the answer. Is there a way for me to get more available memory? For example when playing Madden you need 123 pages free and with no saves I only have 107. Is there a way to increase this number. I can use save states but those sometimes become corrupt. I am using v.1.6. Thank you to anyone who can help me.

HatCat
1st January 2009, 02:59 AM
You can backup your current controller pak file and create a new one?

Jokes On You
1st January 2009, 06:34 PM
You can backup your current controller pak file and create a new one?

Yea but would that still leave me with the same amount of memory as before but with just a new pack?

squall_leonhart
1st January 2009, 08:40 PM
And?
its emulating how a N64 memory card works.

HatCat
1st January 2009, 10:10 PM
All 123 pages though that seems rather unprecedented...so you need a blank slate?

There's another kind of controller pak we bought years ago, it had a black switch at the back-top of it with numbered settings 1-4. Each was their own 123-page-set, so it was like a four-in-one. I was hoping this would be emulated, but I guess the DexDrive alternative wasn't what I thought at all.

So yeah, until this is known and engineered, I'd just renamed mempak.mpk if that's what the plugin uses to backup.mpk and let the plugin create a new controller pak file.

squall_leonhart
1st January 2009, 11:16 PM
That mempak actually was 3 or 4 123 page paks linked together, and the switch changed which one was selected.

HatCat
2nd January 2009, 01:53 AM
Since it's indefinite not really important than...the generic mempak is enough.

Also if you were using N-Rage's controller plugin (or Jabo's DirectInput but copied mempak data over) you could export all of the excerpts as A64 files and delete the data in the mempak to free all 123 pages. If you want to know more...

Jokes On You
2nd January 2009, 07:52 AM
And?
its emulating how a N64 memory card works.

So if its emulating an N64 I think a memory card should be able to hold more than just one game. With the available memory you would be able to save a profile and a franchise game which makes no sense to me.

squall_leonhart
2nd January 2009, 07:18 PM
sorry, but thats just not how it works.