PDA

View Full Version : Auto full screen and Comment system

zilmar
23rd January 2007, 07:27 AM
I would like to say thank you to all the people who commented/voted about auto full screen. This now is be default starting you in window mode. The main reason why it was shown this is the better answer is that since we do not have full screen configuration then you have to drop back to window mode to configure the application. My original goal was that pj64 would be perfect and you would not need to really configure anything.
I have also installed a new comment system to pj64.net. I need to play with it more. It should give a good way for you to interact with any news item we post.

Anonymous
23rd January 2007, 10:47 AM
They do. I honestly like it better going to full screen. Thanks for working on this.

GaveUpTomorrow
23rd January 2007, 01:59 PM
I think PJ64 is better not going to full screen anyways. Its as easy as hitting the escape button to go to full screen anyways once a game is started...so I'm more than happy with the change. ;)

Anonymous
24th January 2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks to pj64, i can now play some of my favorite video games in study hall. glad i founf it, works great, and even after 3 months they haven't cought me (knock on wood). ;D

Anonymous
24th January 2007, 09:45 AM
Just a suggestion, I don't want this, for the sake of you guys (Zilmar and Jabo) and us (The Users) to turn into a Gekko-Emu comment board. In other words, before they had image verification, it was filled with spam (800 posts/month) it was bad. So they added images verifications, and now all that is the matter is we have an ass on the board impersonating people.

Acid_1

Anonymous
24th January 2007, 09:45 AM
This should also be in reverse order, so we don't have to scroll down to see the newest post. :P

Locutus92
24th January 2007, 12:14 PM
When you press the show\hide comments link it shows the comments like it should, but pressing it again should make them go away. It doesn't. It just shows a nice little scroll of the comments but they pop right back up.

You might want to look into it if it isn't just my computer.

Locutus92
24th January 2007, 12:21 PM
Also, now that I'm looking at it... I think that there should be some way of know member comments from non-member comments. Like have it search through a members list and not allow comments from people using member names without their approval. You could have a password box for "member athentication." And if the poster doesn't put in a password or if the password is incorrect the post should be denied until the user puts in a new nick. This would allow members to post as non-members but would keep non-members from posting as members. And you could add a neat little icon or something for member comments.

Or. You could leave it like it is; what do I know? lol

But... how do we really know it is you, Zilmar!?

Locutus92
24th January 2007, 12:22 PM
This could be anyone... ;D (This is Locutus92 trying to make a simple point please don't ban me!)

Locutus92
24th January 2007, 12:35 PM
Okay, just tried this with FireFox and I didn't get the same error as before. It opened and closed the comments like it should. So, it's better to view this site in Firefox and not IE... or at least if you don't want to run into this error.

Okay, I just noticed something else too... In IE, I was able to post using my reged nick here WITHOUT being logged into the site. I can't do this in FireFox.

zilmar
24th January 2007, 02:04 PM
Ok tried it in IE, can not seem to compress the comments, it does work for me in firefox. reversed the order.

I might down the track see if I can give different colors to registered users and non registered users. It should say "The name has been registered. Please use other name" if you use someones registered user name and your not logged in with it.

GaveUpTomorrow
26th January 2007, 11:39 AM
Just testing to make sure I can use my name now...last time I had to put a "." after it, even though I was logged in. Hopeufully, this is corrected :p

Anonymous
15th February 2007, 05:50 AM
there is a debugger in 1.7 too (as i see in the screen shots)? or is just for pj64 developers/beta testers?

Anonymous
23rd February 2007, 03:18 AM
escribir en espaƱol porfa ;)

Anonymous
27th February 2007, 11:17 AM
I usually use PJ64 at school and it would be suspicious if I had Mario Kart all over my screen.

Anonymous
24th July 2007, 04:08 PM
It seems quite a few people are asking for your blogs in spanish. lol
I do like this comment system but like others i think it should be a bit more complex so you cant get people pretending to be others - why dont you try phpbb