PDA

View Full Version : F5 doesn't save state anymore

Lebon14
3rd January 2009, 12:08 AM
Title. F7 doesn't load anymore too.
Because of that, I have done the same stuff thrice in Banjo Tooie (3 times the same thing).

I have to go in the menu each time. THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING.
I don't know why, but, earlier, it was working super fine...

Even if MASH the button, it still show "Reprise" (Eng: Resume) or the last message that was there. If it was "Saved succesfully", it doesn't blink or mini lag or anything...

Help? (same for F7, load)

Vista Home Premium FR. UAC is desactivated (for god's sake).
Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
2 GB of RAM
nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 512MB.

squall_leonhart
3rd January 2009, 04:24 AM
tried restarting your computer

also.... if UAC is enabled, you can't have pj64 in program files.

NellyS197
4th January 2009, 04:22 AM
When software bugs up, I back up the pertinent files, e.g. saves, profiles, etc and I uninstall the application, clean the registry, reboot and reinstall. This usually fixes things IMC.

Nelly

Lebon14
4th January 2009, 03:19 PM
tried restarting your computer

When I discovered that the Vista in-build screen capture tool was not functionning (an error that I need to restart my PC), I rebooted.

Just restarted PJ64 now and now miraculously, the buttons works again. Where does that bug comes from anyway?

Anyway thx.

SinCron
3rd March 2009, 11:47 AM
Next time, just exit full screen and go into the menu to save and load. May be a bit of a pain but damn is it ever better than redoing things over again.

squall_leonhart
3rd March 2009, 09:01 PM
When I discovered that the Vista in-build screen capture tool was not functionning (an error that I need to restart my PC), I rebooted.

Just restarted PJ64 now and now miraculously, the buttons works again. Where does that bug comes from anyway?

Anyway thx.

Memory virtualisation most probably.

HatCat
4th March 2009, 12:26 AM
In recent development this has been found to happen more often...after frequently making save states enough times this feature just seems to break. At the same time loading quick saves no longer works because the automatically-named file was somehow deleted at some point. If this happens for now just restart Project64.

If you have any save states with custom file names formally created (System > Save As...) these were not removed.