PDA

View Full Version : Plugin problems please help

lacussumok
5th January 2009, 07:59 AM
hello new here to the fourm but im having alot of trouble trying to get the emulator to work when i run i get a message saying

direct3d falied to intialize your hal device
make sure you hae a properly configered
3d graphics card compatible with direct3d 6.0

then another one saying

the default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your folder

then the setting window shows up and it lets me pick a video plugin a audio plugin and a input plugin

ive tryed all of these and it dosent ever work for me

HatCat
5th January 2009, 10:14 PM
Most likely your video hardware isn't good enough.

If it were something else the Direct3D6 plugin by Jabo'd be a good alternative, but given that doesn't work for you either...

squall_leonhart
6th January 2009, 01:27 AM
Lack of TnL is the cause of both problems.

HatCat
6th January 2009, 02:05 AM
But isn't transformation and lightning just one of DirectX's effects? Not like this automatically means this isn't the cause of his problem, but you can disable hardware T&L in RiceVideo. Just imagined probably the root of the problem would be more fundamental, but I'm wanting of any fill-ins.

squall_leonhart
6th January 2009, 04:36 AM
Well the funny shit is, is that TnL doesn't even exist on SM2 cards and chips, DirectX9 was specifically coded to handle TnL effects via SM2 shaders. which is why nvidia G80+ had so many problems with older TnL(Dx6 and 7) games.

marc24
6th January 2009, 02:55 PM
How about the Pj64 team release a plugin for ATI and Nvidia cards from year 2000 right up to present day?. How many people own the old Matrox and Geforce 1,2,3,4, anyway?.

Most of the Plugins available for the recent updated N64 emu's only have Dx6,7,8 support. The PS2 emu's have dx9 and dx10 support!

HatCat
7th January 2009, 02:35 AM
Well Vista support isn't very high with N64 emulation, but DirectX10 doesn't help let alone N64 games that much more than DX9. In fact DX8 is the latest version that, really has everything you need they say for the N64 stuff. There are a couple plugins that use DirectX9.

As for supporting older versions--and older cards--this requires removing some functions for compatibility with those cases. Provided the plugin initialized on the video hardware before--I don't think there's significant reason why performance etc. would improve just by setting the DirectX requirement down only less emulation capability ..